PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Boy Emerges From German Woods

megimoo
09-16-2011, 07:36 PM
Police in Berlin are baffled over the identity of a boy who emerged from the forest, saying he'd lived there for five years with his father.

The boy, believed to be about 17, showed up at Berlin's City Hall on Sept. 5. He said he had lived in earthen huts and tents with his father until the elder man died. At that point, the boy, who speaks fluent English and little German, used a compass to walk north for two weeks, finally winding up in Berlin carrying a sleeping bag and backpack, according to The Associated Press.

"He said that he had lived for the last five years wandering around with his father," Police spokesman Michael Maass said. "We don't know where."

Maass said the boy claims he and his father went into the forest after his mother died. The boy says he doesn't remember where his family came from, but said his father called him "Ray" and that his dad's name was Ryan and his mother's name was Doreen. He is in good health and police have issued a Europe-wide appeal to try and determine his identity, though they would not release photos of him.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/weird/Mystery-Boy-Emerges-From-German-Woods-129949178.html#ixzz1YA4Iz8ol

fettpett
09-16-2011, 09:31 PM
intersting

JB
09-17-2011, 07:30 PM
A guy and a girl take a stroll in the forest at night.

The girl says "This is scary".

The guy says "How do you think I feel? I have to walk out of here alone".

:D

noonwitch
09-19-2011, 11:10 AM
I hope they find his grandparents or some other relatives.

I'm curious about his father, though, and why he decided to take his kid and live in the forests of German and leave society behind after the mother died. He obviously loved the kid, or he wouldn't have brought him along. But it is difficult to fall off the radar, so to speak, these days.