PDA

View Full Version : Obama proposes new czar...

marv
09-19-2011, 03:36 PM
http://townhall.com/columnists/luritadoan/2011/09/19/obama_proposes_new_czar/page/full/
(snip)

...in the American Jobs Act, Obama is proposing a new group of czars as a part of his "jobs" act-- the American Infrastructure Financing Authority (AIFA) czars. President Obama’s newest czars will be given the authority to manage over a trillion dollars of federal funding for roads, bridges, buildings, waterways, dams and other infrastructure.

(snip)

No doubt, Obama hopes that few legislators or American citizens will read the deadly details buried within the 199 pages of his proposed American Jobs Act that will establish this latest czar-ship, nor understand just how expensive AIFA is going to be.

As with Obama’s other czars, the AIFA czar comes with infrastructure requirements of his own: staff, office space and technology needed to perform the job. Managing what is in reality a trillion dollar budget is going to require a huge new staff that will, essentially represent an entire new federal agency. Of course, nowhere does President Obama tell us why a new czar is required to manage infrastructure projects. More importantly, Obama does not explain why the vast federal bureaucracy now responsible for these activities must be bypassed and a new, redundant agency is built.

Make no mistake: the AIFA Czar position is redundant. All of the infrastructure projects and tasks identified to be performed by Obama’s new Czar are already the responsibilities of the Senate-confirmed heads of Department of Transportation, the U.S. General Services Administration and the Department of Energy.

(snip)

Does anyone suspect graft, corruption and downright theft in the old Chicago Way? Frightening...this deserves a full read!

Articulate_Ape
09-19-2011, 03:42 PM
At the rate Bam Bam is going, he's gonna need a czar czar.

SaintLouieWoman
09-19-2011, 10:12 PM

The "Bam Bam" phrase is frightening. My little two year old grandson can't say "grandma", "grandmother", or "granny". He calls me "Bamma." He's an adorable little guy. Yesterday he gave me a virtual hug on our webcam visit. I melt when he says "I wuv you bamma.". :D

I have to think happy thoughts, because my blood pressure rises when I hear the dear president's voice or see his face. I hate the pontificating. :mad:

MountainMan
09-19-2011, 11:06 PM
The "Bam Bam" phrase is frightening. My little two year old grandson can't say "grandma", "grandmother", or "granny". He calls me "Bamma." He's an adorable little guy. Yesterday he gave me a virtual hug on our webcam visit. I melt when he says "I wuv you bamma.". :D

I have to think happy thoughts, because my blood pressure rises when I hear the dear president's voice or see his face. I hate the pontificating. :mad:

OMG, you are related to Obama?!?!?!?! Does SR know? :eek:

Tipsycatlover
09-20-2011, 10:05 AM
http://townhall.com/columnists/luritadoan/2011/09/19/obama_proposes_new_czar/page/full/

Does anyone suspect graft, corruption and downright theft in the old Chicago Way? Frightening...this deserves a full read!

Oh you mean like this.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/ct-met-kass-0918-20110918,0,3951633.column?page=1

What about smell? It smells bad, and it's going to smell worse.

Or, did you really believe it when the White House mouthpieces — who are also Chicago City Hall mouthpieces — promised they were bringing a new kind of politics to Washington?

This is not a new kind of politics. It's the old kind. The Chicago kind.

fettpett
09-20-2011, 11:29 PM
God, they need to make Czars fucking illegal. I never got why we would name some hack adviser after the Russian version of Cesar anyway

AmPat
09-21-2011, 07:50 AM

He could use a President Czar, the position requires an ability to do the job of president. Something desperately needed and absent for nearly three years.:cool:

Tipsycatlover
09-21-2011, 08:50 AM
All these czars is really setting up an alternative government not subject to voter inflluence. The office of the czar isn't duplicating the other governmental offices, the czars are replacing those offices.

AmPat
09-21-2011, 08:59 AM
All these czars is really setting up an alternative government not subject to voter inflluence. The office of the czar isn't duplicating the other governmental offices, the czars are replacing those offices.
Exactly. It also gives a degree of separation from the fallout when things go wrong or are blatantly illegal. It also allows Mr Far-Left ideologue to push his Marxist agenda in the background. I say we investigate these thugs and if found guilty, put them in prison (starting with Holder).
:mad:

namvet
09-21-2011, 09:41 AM
how many does that make now??? ive lost count

marv
09-21-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally, a czar was an advisor. But now...
Some of these tasks are:

* oversee entering into and carry out contracts, leases, cooperative agreements or any other transactions as are necessary
* to approve the acquisition, lease, pledge, exchange and disposal of real personal property
* to review all financial assistance packages to all eligible infrastructure projects" which includes “any non-Federal transportation, water, or energy infrastructure project, or an aggregation of such infrastructure projects, as provided in this Act.
* the construction, alteration, or repair, including the facilitation of intermodal transit, of the following subsectors:

· Highways or roads.

· Bridges.

· Mass transit.

· Inland waterways.

· Commercial ports.

· Airports.

· Air traffic control systems.

· Passenger rail, including high-speed rail.

· Freight rail systems.

· Waterwaste treatment facilities.

· Storm water management systems.

· Dams.

· Solid waste disposal facilities.

· Drinking water treatment facilities.

· Levees.

· Open space management systems.

· Pollution reduced energy generation.

· Transmission and distribution.

· Storage.

· Energy efficiency enhancements for buildings, including public and commercial buildings.

ACT? What act? president hussein doesn't need a cabinet approved by Congress, just executive orders. Hell, dictators have those!!!!!!!!.

Tipsycatlover
09-22-2011, 08:57 AM
Now they are an alternative government. One not subject to the will of the voters, only to the whim of the ruler.