PDA

View Full Version : I parted with 5 of my girls tonight

Rockntractor
09-20-2011, 09:12 PM
I traded some of my yearling nannies for 100 fence posts. Dang it was hard to decide who went, all the girls are my friends.
Now I have to haul half a dozen wethers to the health club and maybe I can get my feed bill back under control.

SaintLouieWoman
09-20-2011, 09:39 PM
I traded some of my yearling nannies for 100 fence posts. Dang it was hard to decide who went, all the girls are my friends.
Now I have to haul half a dozen wethers to the health club and maybe I can get my feed bill back under control.

How many nannie goats do you have left? And I guess I'm confused, but what are "wethers"?

Rockntractor
09-20-2011, 09:41 PM
How many nannie goats do you have left? And I guess I'm confused, but what are "wethers"?

I have around fifteen nannies left, wethers once were billies.:o

Novaheart
09-21-2011, 01:04 AM
I have around fifteen nannies left, wethers once were billies.:o

So a wether is a gelding? Why would you do that?

Articulate_Ape
09-22-2011, 11:38 AM
So a wether is a gelding? Why would you do that?

The same reason you do it to cattle (steer), chickens (capons), etc. Meat, meathead.

SaintLouieWoman
09-22-2011, 04:37 PM
The same reason you do it to cattle (steer), chickens (capons), etc. Meat, meathead.

Also so you don't have a goat population explosion. A little snip snip goes a long way to preventing too many animals to feed, plus takes away some of that male aggression. Those male goats can go overboard with the head-butting.

bijou
09-22-2011, 04:40 PM
Now that's why I couldn't raise goats. I would end up hoarding them, they're too cute. :)