PDA

View Full Version : Ten Snacks you Might Think are Healthy

RobJohnson
09-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Diet soda made the list...

Bad news: Drenching your salad in fat-free dressing or eating granola by the handful isn't doing you any favors. The good news? We're here to bust some snacking myths—and provide you with truly healthy alternatives

MORE (http://www.bonappetit.com/tipstools/slideshows/2011/08/10-unhealthy-foods?mbid=synd_yshop#slide=2)

noonwitch
09-22-2011, 03:44 PM
They'll have to pry the Diet Coke can from my cold, dead hands.

fettpett
09-22-2011, 04:24 PM
some of them make sense...but I think that these lists are stupid too...they take the raw numbers and don't take into account where they are coming from...smoothie is going to have a lot of sugar, but natural sugar from fruits and veggies. some of the fats and oils are good ones, polyunsaturated that are good for lowering LDL's, particularly ones from Avacodo's and such.

look at where the fats, sugars, and oils come from, not just that they are there

RobJohnson
09-22-2011, 04:29 PM
They'll have to pry the Diet Coke can from my cold, dead hands.

:D

I know diet soda can be bad for diabetics. But when I grab something to drink "on the go" I try and get something with the less calories as I can...

I really like un-sweetened ice tea...do you know how hard that is to find in the South? :D

fettpett
09-22-2011, 04:35 PM
I really like un-sweetened ice tea...do you know how hard that is to find in the South? :D

same here, if you can fine Peace Tea, it's really good. Their flavors are based on movies like Caddy Shack (which is the unsweetened version) and Caddy Shack 2 (50/50 unsweetened and lemonade) all for a buck :D

Zafod
09-22-2011, 05:38 PM
Then you have me, who eats ice cream for dinner and my cholesteral is down.....lol

SaintLouieWoman
09-22-2011, 07:07 PM
Then you have me, who eats ice cream for dinner and my cholesteral is down.....lol
Wait til you get older------then tell us about it. :D

Zafod
09-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Wait til you get older------then tell us about it. :D

I look forward to it. I am 32....not young.....

newshutr
09-22-2011, 10:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNjcuZ-LiSY