PDA

View Full Version : SW:TOR Release Date!

fettpett
09-24-2011, 08:41 AM
Got the email this morning, 12/20/2011 :D:D:D:D:D

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/09/24/bioware-announces-launch-date-for-star-wars-the-old-republic/

Think WoW might be put on hold for a bit :D

Zathras
09-24-2011, 11:15 AM
SWTOR has already killed WoW for me. I cancelled my account 2 days after I got into the beta back in March.

Just waiting for the invite for the next, and possibly last, round of Beta testing.

fettpett
09-24-2011, 03:56 PM
yeah, you suck :p I'm going to be pre-ordering it in a couple weeks, got some money coming, going to get the step up from the basic one, i'd get collectors but i'm spending 120 on it.

fettpett
10-05-2011, 05:40 PM
I got into one of the open beta's for the weekend :D woot!!

Zathras
10-05-2011, 06:40 PM
I got into one of the open beta's for the weekend :D woot!!

Grats...I don't know if the weekend servers are the same as the one I'm in.

I'm in HK47, name is Dirk'roberts, Republic Trooper.

hai
10-05-2011, 08:06 PM
SWTOR has already killed WoW for me. I cancelled my account 2 days after I got into the beta back in March.

Just waiting for the invite for the next, and possibly last, round of Beta testing.

I heard of WOW,just trying to get my account back,somehow the account got locked or something

Contacted the Better Business Bureau some days ago,seriously the customer service for Blizzard sucks if you forget your account name. It's almost like all support has gone to India.

fettpett
10-05-2011, 08:08 PM
I heard of WOW,just trying to get my account back.

Contacted the Better Business Bureau some days ago,seriously the customer service for Blizzard sucks if you forget your account name. It's almost like all support has gone to India.

um...it should be linked to your email. Blizz has a great rep, but when you're dealing with 11 million+ people...it's a bit hard to keep up.

djones520
10-05-2011, 08:09 PM
I heard of WOW,just trying to get my account back,somehow the account got locked or something

It's seriuosly not worth the effort if you haven't played in a while. Blizzard has made the game so easy now it would only take you a few weeks to start from scratch and build yourself up to raiding level.

fettpett
10-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Grats...I don't know if the weekend servers are the same as the one I'm in.

I'm in HK47, name is Dirk'roberts, Republic Trooper.

not sure, i'll look, but I'm going to play a Bounty Hunter :D

though I will try out everything at lest

fettpett
10-05-2011, 08:11 PM
It's seriuosly not worth the effort if you haven't played in a while. Blizzard has made the game so easy now it would only take you a few weeks to start from scratch and build yourself up to raiding level.

pretty much....just start a new account it's free to play from 1-20 with BC content (Belf's and Draenei)

Zathras
10-05-2011, 09:30 PM

Which is the main reason I left....once I finished the Cataclysm content all that was left to do was Raiding (which I can't stand), PvP (another thing I can't stand in an MMO) or Dailies. Not worth my time anymore.

jediab
10-06-2011, 10:36 AM

When other MMORPGs change something to make it easier, it is refered to as being "WoWed down".

fettpett
10-06-2011, 04:57 PM
whats funny is people are bitching about something that the community has been crying for since BC, flying in Azeroth, better questing, and when they got it they QQ'd moar about it. sure the leveling is faster and easier, but who gives a shit....Blizz has never really cared all that much about old content but to get you into end game. These raids and 5 mans are harder than anything they've done before, even the top guilds have said as much. hell even with the recent nerfs to firelands they haven't seen much of an increase in raiding of FL other than for trash runs.

djones520
10-06-2011, 10:15 PM
whats funny is people are bitching about something that the community has been crying for since BC, flying in Azeroth, better questing, and when they got it they QQ'd moar about it. sure the leveling is faster and easier, but who gives a shit....Blizz has never really cared all that much about old content but to get you into end game. These raids and 5 mans are harder than anything they've done before, even the top guilds have said as much. hell even with the recent nerfs to firelands they haven't seen much of an increase in raiding of FL other than for trash runs.

Yes... the content is a bit harder to push through, but there is still an overarching sense of ease in the game. Maybe it's just being able to buy all the epics that you need that did it for me. I think they killed the game when they introduced that concept at the end of BC.

fettpett
10-07-2011, 08:48 AM
Yes... the content is a bit harder to push through, but there is still an overarching sense of ease in the game. Maybe it's just being able to buy all the epics that you need that did it for me. I think they killed the game when they introduced that concept at the end of BC.

buy them? not in Cata....few JP items, but not full sets like in Wrath, hell t13 wont be available from anywhere but Dragon Soul raid. They want people in content

fettpett
10-07-2011, 09:55 AM
ugh...can't get into the Beta till 6pm tonight :(

Zathras
10-07-2011, 02:44 PM
ugh...can't get into the Beta till 6pm tonight :(

Do you at least have it downloaded and ready to go?

fettpett
10-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Do you at least have it downloaded and ready to go?

yep, everything is downloaded and patched :D

i'm on Squadron 367 :confused:

djones520
10-07-2011, 04:37 PM
buy them? not in Cata....few JP items, but not full sets like in Wrath, hell t13 wont be available from anywhere but Dragon Soul raid. They want people in content

Until T14 stuff comes out, then you can buy the T13. Once a new patch comes out, all you gotta do is run heroics, and bam you've got full raiding gear for the top raids.

Back in BC days if you wanted to get into Black Temple, you had to go through Kara, then SSC, Hyjal, etc... all that just to get into Black Temple. Until Sunwell came out and you could buy the gear you needed.

fettpett
10-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Until T14 stuff comes out, then you can buy the T13. Once a new patch comes out, all you gotta do is run heroics, and bam you've got full raiding gear for the top raids.

Back in BC days if you wanted to get into Black Temple, you had to go through Kara, then SSC, Hyjal, etc... all that just to get into Black Temple. Until Sunwell came out and you could buy the gear you needed.

whats the point of making a crap ton of content that only 1% of the population can even run?

LFR is going to make it easier for people to see the content is dumbed down for that and t13 wont drop in it. Only on Normal and Heroic.

on top of that the Deathwing raid is the final raid of this xpac, 2 weeks we'll find out what Mists of Pandaria is

hai
10-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Which is the main reason I left....once I finished the Cataclysm content all that was left to do was Raiding (which I can't stand), PvP (another thing I can't stand in an MMO) or Dailies. Not worth my time anymore.

Did i really read that we can now play Worgen in it?

fettpett
10-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Did i really read that we can now play Worgen in it?

yes, Worgen and Goblins are playable in Cata

fettpett
10-08-2011, 12:52 PM
so after a few onerous minutes trying to get into the game as client kept crashing, I finally got in and created a Chiss Bounty Hunter. OH MAN is this game awesome!! so much immersion in the story very close to WoW in controls that it's an easy switch. Few bugs, mostly in the autorun kept turning off for no reason whiling moving, loading after a death or transport being very slow and not being able to move and the quest dialogs being slow to load. Other than that, it's pretty much everything I was hoping that SW Galaxies was going to be.

my only beef really is the limited number of races and that the Chiss are part of the game. Chiss Ascendency wasn't discovered until after The Phantom Menace per existing cannon. Having a couple of the more classic races would have been better, such as the Ithorian's and Rodian's IMHO. (I would LOVE to have an Ithorian Jedi Counselor)

djones520
10-08-2011, 12:54 PM
so after a few onerous minutes trying to get into the game as client kept crashing, I finally got in and created a Chiss Bounty Hunter. OH MAN is this game awesome!! so much immersion in the story very close to WoW in controls that it's an easy switch. Few bugs, mostly in the autorun kept turning off for no reason whiling moving, loading after a death or transport being very slow and not being able to move and the quest dialogs being slow to load. Other than that, it's pretty much everything I was hoping that SW Galaxies was going to be.

my only beef really is the limited number of races and that the Chiss are part of the game. Chiss Ascendency wasn't discovered until after The Phantom Menace per existing cannon. Having a couple of the more classic races would have been better, such as the Ithorian's and Rodian's IMHO. (I would LOVE to have an Ithorian Jedi Counselor)

I'm sure they'll spin it that the Chiss turned recluse, and the galaxy just forgot about them.

fettpett
10-08-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm sure they'll spin it that the Chiss turned recluse, and the galaxy just forgot about them.

yeah, thats kinda my thinking too...just really annoying

Zathras
10-08-2011, 03:02 PM

Glad you're having a great time. I also wish there were more alien species in the game but that's something they can add down the road. Personally I'd like to see Droids as a playable race. Just make sure you report any bugs you encounter.

fettpett
10-08-2011, 10:37 PM
Glad you're having a great time. I also wish there were more alien species in the game but that's something they can add down the road. Personally I'd like to see Droids as a playable race. Just make sure you report any bugs you encounter.

oh I have, I've been on WoW's PTR :D and did LOTR open beta

spent the day leveling Sith Inquisitor, man, that class is freaking awesome....tried a Jedi last night but was too tired....kinda boring but some jerk was pulling the "lets steal the item from the person killing the mobs" game

fettpett
10-09-2011, 10:40 AM
stupid server i was playing on is down and the load screen is in the way to get to the server selection screen...basically have to go through it blind to switch servers :mad: