PDA

View Full Version : Fruit Shakes for Meal Replacement?

Hawkgirl
09-26-2011, 06:19 PM
I went to Costco's saturday and they had a demonstration of this super blender by Vitamixer. The rep gave samples. I didn't buy the mixer, but the fruit/vegetable smoothie he made was delicious. He didn't peel anything...but the ingredients were:
-red grapes
-1/2 banana
-1 apple, cored, sliced
-a few carrots
-squash
-strawberries
-ice

OMG...it was delish. If you throw in some protein powder, I wonder if it would make a good meal replacement? Might be a good breakfast subsitute.

SaintLouieWoman
09-26-2011, 07:45 PM
I went to Costco's saturday and they had a demonstration of this super blender by Vitamixer. The rep gave samples. I didn't buy the mixer, but the fruit/vegetable smoothie he made was delicious. He didn't peel anything...but the ingredients were:
-red grapes
-1/2 banana
-1 apple, cored, sliced
-a few carrots
-squash
-strawberries
-ice

OMG...it was delish. If you throw in some protein powder, I wonder if it would make a good meal replacement? Might be a good breakfast subsitute.
Sounds good. I think it would be super for breakfast or to possibly to take some with you for a quickie snack at work.

I'm jealous, we need to drive about 60 miles to get to the closest Costco. They keep pushing the date when they're building one in Sarasota farther out. It was supposed to be last year, now late 2012. :mad:

jendf
09-27-2011, 02:08 PM
My sister has a Vitamix and absolutely loves it. She makes smoothies all the time as meals. The blender is also good for soups and dips.

RobJohnson
11-29-2011, 03:13 AM
I have a vitamix. I use a ninja blender from walmart more often, it works pretty good!

Zafod
12-12-2011, 07:31 PM
missing fat. add two table spoons of olive oil.