PDA

View Full Version : Linda Numbers How Was Your Vacation?

Rockntractor
09-27-2011, 10:37 AM
Well wer wayting?:confused:

linda22003
09-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Very excellent, thanks. The weather was perfect, and we saw wonderful things - a long evening gondola tour in Venice, the Peggy Guggenheim collection, Murano, San Michele, the Uffizi, the Fra Angelico frescoes at San Marco, the Duomo, a private tour of the Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica, dinner at a lovely restaurant overlooking the Colosseum, gorgeous hotels and great food were among the highlights.

bijou
09-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Glad you had a good time, I've only been to Italy a few times but enjoyed it evry time I have been.

Bailey
09-27-2011, 11:59 AM
I was going to ask but i couldn't muster enough caring. ;-)

linda22003
09-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Glad you had a good time, I've only been to Italy a few times but enjoyed it evry time I have been.

I'd been to Venice and Rome but Florence was new, and like eating a five pound box of chocolates all at once. :)

Novaheart
09-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Very excellent, thanks. The weather was perfect, and we saw wonderful things - a long evening gondola tour in Venice, the Peggy Guggenheim collection, Murano, San Michele, the Uffizi, the Fra Angelico frescoes at San Marco, the Duomo, a private tour of the Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica, dinner at a lovely restaurant overlooking the Colosseum, gorgeous hotels and great food were among the highlights.

Damn, you must have had the E ticket.

bijou
09-27-2011, 12:06 PM
I'd been to Venice and Rome but Florence was new, and like eating a five pound box of chocolates all at once. :)

I have yet to go to Florence, I keep meaning to but haven't got around to it. Florence, of course, has it's own syndrome.

Florence syndrome: When someone faced with magnifient works of art or with great natural beauty is overwhelmed and becomes faint, confused, and even delusional. A psychiatrist who treated many foreigners in the city’s mental hospitals first described the syndrome, and said it happened when the person identified too closely with the art.http://blogs.medindia.net/lifestyle-wellness/of-paris-florence-and-mental-illnesses/

noonwitch
09-27-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm glad you had a good trip. The Uffizi must be something to see.

linda22003
09-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Florence syndrome sounds bizarre, and it didn't happen to me. However, after hours and hours at the Uffizi, I did tell my husband I was just one Madonna and Child away from total atheism.

Oh, and can any Catholics on the board please explain to me why you did up your Popes and tart up their bodies when they are beatified? I didn't want to see the body of John XXIII as I remember him as the Pope when I was a child, and thought he was a nice man. I hope they don't do it to JPII, but I suppose they will.

All I know is that when I saw Innocent XI in his glass case, the first thing I thought was, "Santa Claus is DEAD!" :(

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/956750_f496.jpg

SarasotaRepub
09-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Cool! Glad you guys had a nice vacation Linda! :)

linda22003
09-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Very nice. Another highlight was the Villa Borghese, just a few blocks from our hotel in Rome. The Bernini sculptures were fabulous, and there were plenty of Caravaggios for my husband, who's a fan:

http://www.galleriaborghese.it/borghese/en/evilla.htm

linda22003
09-27-2011, 01:22 PM
We also like offbeat places, not just the common ones. This church was right on the Via Veneto, near the Piazza Barberini:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlK0frpbh5s

SarasotaRepub
09-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Well that was cheerful!!! :D But hey, halloween is right around the corner...

linda22003
09-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Toward the end you can see my favorite one: a skull as a cherub, with a whole pelvic bone forming the "wings". :)

Rockntractor
09-27-2011, 03:14 PM
You always take really nice vacations, I'm glad you enjoyed it!:)

hai
09-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Cool,glad you had a nice vacation Linda