PDA

View Full Version : Despotism Breeds Federal Paranoia

Rockntractor
09-27-2011, 08:59 PM
By Hugh de Payns
Any environment where secrecy and social and political control are the operating parameters can breed paranoia. Mere intellectual curiosity can be seen dangerous and treasonous. It does not have to be the extreme behavior of the Khmer Rouge of Cambodia or the angry jealousy of Soviet Russia.

During the summer of 2009, we saw this with the White House healthcare "snitch site" (flag@whitehouse.gov) where citizens were encouraged to turn in information -- or people -- who were reporting "lies" about ObamaCare. Eventually -- largely due to public outcry and immense amount of deliberately false and frankly riotous commentary rammed into the site -- it was pulled down. To date there is not a general feeling of comfort about what the government has done with the data that was presented to them.

Not learning from their earlier mistake, recently Team Obama launched attackwatch.com. If you follow the link, you will notice the address is "my.barackobama.com." How touching, how personal, and how very, very creepy. It quickly became a laughingstock, derided even by the Washington Post. So far the result seems to be more embarrassing exposure, leading to a truck load of deliberately false information being sent into the site. I have reported several attacks, mostly involving rumors being spread by animals during a trip to the zoo. Strangely, each time I report a rumor, I get directed to a donation screen and a paid for by Obama for America logo. It seems that they value the information a whole lot less than my money, which I will not give up freely.

Such Orwellian conduct has now reached the Federal Reserve. This past weekend, Zerohedge.com reported that the Fed now wants to get in on the big brother act and listen in on what is being said. Yet, instead of asking for information that might lead them to being labeled as paranoid Nazis, the Federal Reserve will now be casting a large net and actively start trolling for troublemakers. Of course, about 60 minutes spent searching for news and commentary on the Federal Reserve would also be effective, but apparently The Bernank is just too lazy or too busy spending our money to take the time. According to Zerohedge:

Read More>http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/09/despotism_breeds_federal_paranoia.html