PDA

View Full Version : Rock And Roll hall of fame names nominees

hai
09-28-2011, 01:53 AM
http://www.kitv.com/entertainment/29322799/detail.html

Only thing i don't get is how the heck did Donna Summer get on the list?

She's not rock,she's disco.:confused:

djones520
09-28-2011, 01:56 AM
A few names who I'm suprised aren't in there yet. Hopefully this will be their year.

Bailey
09-28-2011, 06:34 AM
Wtf this hall of fame should be called hall of shame when a band like kiss isn't inducted while a bunch of shit is. :mad:

noonwitch
09-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Maybe GNR will reunite for the induction ceremony? I guess it all depends on whether Axl is on his meds or not. The rest of the band is doing quite well as Velvet Revolver.

newshutr
09-28-2011, 11:56 AM
They're going to be held in Cleveland this induction class. I'm going to be knee deep in all of it.

hai
09-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Wtf this hall of fame should be called hall of shame when a band like kiss isn't inducted while a bunch of shit is. :mad:

This.

I notice that Steppenwolf has never been on the list either.

NJCardFan
09-28-2011, 03:15 PM
This.

I notice that Steppenwolf has never been on the list either.
One song does not a hall of famer make. As for Donna Summer and disco, if you've ever been to the hall, you'd see R&B represented as well. To be honest, most boring museum I've ever been in. The Beatles section was as lame as hell. Complete waste of my time.

Bailey
09-28-2011, 03:45 PM
One song does not a hall of famer make. As for Donna Summer and disco, if you've ever been to the hall, you'd see R&B represented as well. To be honest, most boring museum I've ever been in. The Beatles section was as lame as hell. Complete waste of my time.

Not for nothing they'd should've put it in philly instead of a shit hole like Cleveland

Space Gravy
09-28-2011, 04:16 PM

Or RUSH.

Bailey
09-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Or RUSH.

I agree 100%

hai
09-28-2011, 04:35 PM
I agree 100%

Seconded

SaintLouieWoman
09-28-2011, 06:17 PM
They're going to be held in Cleveland this induction class. I'm going to be knee deep in all of it.
Are you covering the event for one of the local stations?

Have been to the Hall of Fame and really enjoyed it. But went there after hours, so could walk around and really enjoy it. A group had rented the whole place and had a really cool dinner there. There are some names that I disagree with, but it was worth it for the architecture of the building.

I went griping and whining about "why do I have to go to Cleveland" and came back a total Cleveland fan. Of course it was in the summer, so probably would have a totally different perspective in the middle of winter.

NJCardFan
09-28-2011, 06:55 PM

Have been to the Hall of Fame and really enjoyed it. But went there after hours, so could walk around and really enjoy it. A group had rented the whole place and had a really cool dinner there. There are some names that I disagree with, but it was worth it for the architecture of the building.

I went griping and whining about "why do I have to go to Cleveland" and came back a total Cleveland fan. Of course it was in the summer, so probably would have a totally different perspective in the middle of winter.

The fact that you can't take pictures sucks. I did both this hall of fame and the pro football hall of fame in the same day and the football hall of fame is a hell of a lot better.

Madisonian
09-28-2011, 07:19 PM
Joe Cocker
Grand Funk Railroad (Sold out Shea Stadium faster than the Beatles)
J Geils Band
Doobie Brothers
Humble Pie

Just a few I can think of off hand that have more rock cred than a lot of the ones that did make it in.

Bailey
09-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Joe Cocker
Grand Funk Railroad (Sold out Shea Stadium faster than the Beatles)
J Geils Band
Doobie Brothers
Humble Pie

Just a few I can think of off hand that have more rock cred than a lot of the ones that did make it in.

How the f%#k does a disco band make it in?

newshutr
09-28-2011, 11:24 PM

Yeah, I will be. My station is about three blocks from the RNRHOF.

I'm not originally from Cleveland but they chose a great place for it's location. Right on the lake and left room for expansion if need be.

The winters are brutal here at times. Best you came in the summer.

newshutr
09-28-2011, 11:29 PM
The fact that you can't take pictures sucks. I did both this hall of fame and the pro football hall of fame in the same day and the football hall of fame is a hell of a lot better.

Some of the things there are still under copywright by the talent and if the donor of the items don't wish it to be..then it isn't allowed.

It's frustrating as hell, I agree. We'll be invited down to do a live shot for a new exhibit...and we'll get there, run cable up four flights and be told we can shoot two or three things in the whole display case. If thats the limitation, why have us over at all?

newshutr
09-28-2011, 11:33 PM

Did you happen to see the Lennon exhibit? The still sealed bag from the hospital containing his effects? His blood stained glasses? A white phone that was a direct line in from Yoko's apartment where she'd call quite frequently to talk to people at the exhibit? That was one of the better ones.

newshutr
09-28-2011, 11:39 PM
Not for nothing they'd should've put it in philly instead of a shit hole like Cleveland

You know why they put it in Cleveland..?

I live here, work here and it has grown on me. It will never be my "home"...but it is far from the "shit hole" you describe it to be...unless you're talking football, then you're 100% correct.

hai
09-28-2011, 11:44 PM
How the f%#k does a disco band make it in?

I don't get it either.

In my town a radio station bills itself as "The rock you live on"

And they play stuff like Black Sabbath,Heart,and then they play a new wave song by Duran Duran. I'm like WTH does new wave have to do with rock?

NJCardFan
09-29-2011, 03:53 PM
I don't get it either.

In my town a radio station bills itself as "The rock you live on"

And they play stuff like Black Sabbath,Heart,and then they play a new wave song by Duran Duran. I'm like WTH does new wave have to do with rock?

To quote Billy Joel: "It's the next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways it's still rock and roll to me."

hai
09-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Is it me or is there not much traffic on this site? I've hit F5,only to find that people seem slow on replying on here.

Zathras
09-29-2011, 07:44 PM
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs37/f/2008/287/e/9/Yachiru__the_attention_whore_by_Zeki_chan51.jpg

Fixed.

hai
09-29-2011, 07:56 PM
Fixed.

blocked by adblock plus

hai
09-29-2011, 08:00 PM

I notice that Steppenwolf also made this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOt8_LmGRIg&feature=related

Zathras
09-29-2011, 08:00 PM
blocked by adblock plus

Heh heh....DENIED!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/HeroesAtWork/demotivational-poster-lion-facepaw.jpg

hai
09-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Or RUSH.

I like RUSH myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7DFsBcVMDA