PDA

View Full Version : Dems are Disintegrating

LibraryLady
09-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Fowler on Palin's qualifications (http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Fowler_on_Palins_qualifications.html?showall)

The South Carolina Democratic Chairwoman, Carol Fowler, offered the kind of shot at Sarah Palin that the Republicans have been complaining about, but which Democrats have largely avoided, in an interview with Politico today.

Fowler said McCain had chosen a running mate " whose primary qualification seems to be that she hasn’t had an abortion.”

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/Obama/ohnoes.jpg

LibraryLady
09-10-2008, 03:57 PM
shep Smith just said the McCain campaign should have an ad out in about 17 minutes!!

There's more:

Told of McCain's boost in the new ABC/Washington Post among white women following the Palin pick, Fowler said: "Just anecdotally, I believe that those white women are Republican women anyway."

Fowler is unavailable for comment.

AlmostThere
09-10-2008, 04:04 PM
I've been following this since it broke. This has got to be Fowler's day to be stupid. Incredible!

Odysseus
09-10-2008, 04:16 PM
I've been following this since it broke. This has got to be Fowler's day to be stupid. Incredible!

Whatever Rove is paying her, it isn't enough. :D

LibraryLady
09-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Drudge has it and Politico has over 700 comments.

Fowler may never be heard from again!

Gingersnap
09-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Amazing! Not that they sincerely believe this kind of thing but they still feel free to admit in public.

LibraryLady
09-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Guess who this darling woman is married to?

On a plane from Denver to Charlotte following the Democrats' convention, I found myself seated behind former National Chairman of the Democratic National Committee Don Fowler and Congressman John Spratt of South Carolina. Their conversation was interesting to say the least.

For example, they made fun of Sarah Palin for several minutes, Fowler calling her "Dan Quayle" on steroids and Spratt creatively describing her as "just terrible." They both agreed that, "Other than the simple fact that she's a female," she has nothing to offer.

He found Gustav to be amusing.:mad:

Eyelids
09-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Gustav still isn't as funny as AIDS.

PoliCon
09-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Fowler on Palin's qualifications (http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Fowler_on_Palins_qualifications.html?showall)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/Obama/ohnoes.jpg What an unbelievably cynical nasty (*^*_()^$# that woman is. I guess she would prefer that every woman abort their first?

LibraryLady
09-10-2008, 04:57 PM
(I thought you were referring to me for a second!):eek:

I think Fowler was suggesting that baby Trig should have been aborted.

jeskibuff
09-10-2008, 05:15 PM
This has got to be Fowler's day to be stupid.Most Democrats are over-achievers in this regard: they're stupid ALL 365 days of the year. I don't think they even take leap day off!

jinxmchue
09-10-2008, 05:20 PM
I really hope they keep up these off-the-wall attacks. Voters will flock to McCain-Palin.

PoliCon
09-10-2008, 05:22 PM
I don't think they are stupid - I just don't think they have thought things through compeletly. Dems te4nd to vote their feelings rather than facts. Look at bush derangment syndorme. They maintain that bush is an idiot at the same time they claim that he is an evil genious. They make a big deal of the fact that Bush flew over Katrina and did not land - ignoring the effect his feet on the ground would have had on the relief efforts. They just don't think.

GrumpyOldLady
09-10-2008, 05:46 PM
No Quarter (http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/09/10/shocking-breaking-news-dems-smear-palin-in-the-most-base-way/) - a pro-Hillary site, is talking about this. A bunch of the Hillary people are very upset with this and they are disgusted. Rightfully so.

LibraryLady
09-10-2008, 05:55 PM
DU hasn't coronated Carol Fowler yet, was it even too extreme for them?

Odysseus
09-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Guess who this darling woman is married to?

On a plane from Denver to Charlotte following the Democrats' convention, I found myself seated behind former National Chairman of the Democratic National Committee Don Fowler and Congressman John Spratt of South Carolina. Their conversation was interesting to say the least.

For example, they made fun of Sarah Palin for several minutes, Fowler calling her "Dan Quayle" on steroids and Spratt creatively describing her as "just terrible." They both agreed that, "Other than the simple fact that she's a female," she has nothing to offer.

He found Gustav to be amusing.:mad:
The wife of the National Chairman of the DNC??? Perfect! Now, if the media weren't completely in the tank for Obama, the obvious question would be, do you support your wife's statement and is that the policy of the party? Not that they'd ever ask that, but somebody will.

Gustav still isn't as funny as AIDS.
I wasn't aware that you found AIDS funny.

No Quarter (http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/09/10/shocking-breaking-news-dems-smear-palin-in-the-most-base-way/) - a pro-Hillary site, is talking about this. A bunch of the Hillary people are very upset with this and they are disgusted. Rightfully so.
Yeah, but who will they vote for?

GrumpyOldLady
09-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Yeah, but who will they vote for?

Their mantra seems to be

Palin 2008
Hillary 2012

PoliCon
09-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Their mantra seems to be

Palin 2008
Hillary 2012won't that be an interesting race . . . . Palin v Clinton. How old will that old cow be in 2012? 64?

GrumpyOldLady
09-10-2008, 07:01 PM
How old will that old cow be in 2012? 64?

Isn't there a Beatles song by that title?
We'd hear it a lot on the internet if Hillary ran in 2012 and was 64.

LibraryLady
09-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Fowler issued an apology Wednesday evening.

“I personally admire and respect the difficult choices that women make everyday, and I apologize to anyone who finds my comment offensive,” she said in a written statement. “I clumsily was making a point about people in South Carolina who may vote based on a single issue. Whether it’s the environment, the economy, the war or a woman’s right to choose, there are people who will cast their vote based on a single issue. That was the only point I was attempting to make.”

Don Fowler last week was forced to apologize after being captured on an amateur video during an airplane flight chuckling while saying, “Hurricane (Gustav) is going to hit New Orleans about the time (the Republican National Convention) starts. … That just demonstrates God is on our side.”

SC Democratic Chair: Palin’s Chief Qualification is She ‘Hasn’t Had an Abortion’ (http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/10/sc-democratic-chair-palins-chief-qualification-is-she-hasnt-had-an-abortion/)

Odysseus
09-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Isn't there a Beatles song by that title?
We'd hear it a lot on the internet if Hillary ran in 2012 and was 64.

"When I get over losing the race
four more years from now
will you still be voting for me every time
senate races, primaries, despite all my crimes
If Bill's been out till quarter to three
with some skanky whore
Will you support me
Please don't abort me
When I'm sixty-four"

LibraryLady
09-10-2008, 07:24 PM
You owe me a new keyboard!!:D

Constitutionally Speaking
09-10-2008, 07:25 PM
This lady is the wife of the guy who was laughing about Hurricane Gustave hitting New Orleans on the opening day of the Republican Convention.

Odysseus
09-10-2008, 09:15 PM
You owe me a new keyboard!!:D

I try... :D

lacarnut
09-10-2008, 09:34 PM
This lady is the wife of the guy who was laughing about Hurricane Gustave hitting New Orleans on the opening day of the Republican Convention.

Eyelids closed made a vile remark about Gustave destroying New Orleans when the hurricane was approaching. He thought it was funny. That why I know that this honky, wigger piece of shit is not black. I don't know one black that would say something like that.

SaintLouieWoman
09-10-2008, 10:07 PM
It looks like they deserve each other, definitely not a class act. :rolleyes:

LibraryLady
09-10-2008, 11:34 PM
The Dems can't run a campaign, much less a country.

Perilloux
09-11-2008, 06:51 AM
SC Dem chief says sorry for Palin-abortion comment (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080911/ap_on_el_pr/sc_democrat_palin)

Wed Sep 10, 11:12 PM ET

COLUMBIA, S.C. - South Carolina's Democratic Party chairwoman said Wednesday that Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin's top qualification seems to be not having had an abortion. She later apologized. In an interview posted on the political Web site Politico, Chairwoman Carol Fowler said Republican John McCain picked a running mate "whose primary qualification seems to be that she hasn't had an abortion."

Fowler later apologized, saying she made the statement during an interview about single-issue voters."I personally admire and respect the difficult choices that women make everyday, and I apologize to anyone who finds my comment offensive," Fowler said in a statement.

"I clumsily was making a point about people in South Carolina who may vote based on a single issue. Whether it's the environment, the economy, the war or a woman's right to choose, there are people who will cast their vote based on a single issue," she continued. "That was the only point I was attempting to make."

Palin opposes abortion, including in cases of rape or incest, and has lived out her convictions by bearing son Trig in April, knowing he had Down syndrome. A top McCain surrogate, South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, said it was an outrage to dismiss Palin's record and life with that kind of remark.

:rolleyes:

jeskibuff
09-11-2008, 07:25 AM
I clumsily was making a pointUnfortunately, these people are so stupid, if others hadn't pointed out how stupid they were, they'd continue right along their merry, stupid way. Oh nevermind...they will regardless.

Odysseus
09-11-2008, 12:50 PM
SC Dem chief says sorry for Palin-abortion comment (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080911/ap_on_el_pr/sc_democrat_palin)

Wed Sep 10, 11:12 PM ET

COLUMBIA, S.C. - ..."I clumsily was making a point about people in South Carolina who may vote based on a single issue. Whether it's the environment, the economy, the war or a woman's right to choose, there are people who will cast their vote based on a single issue," she continued. "That was the only point I was attempting to make."

Palin opposes abortion, including in cases of rape or incest, and has lived out her convictions by bearing son Trig in April, knowing he had Down syndrome. A top McCain surrogate, South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, said it was an outrage to dismiss Palin's record and life with that kind of remark.
:rolleyes:
If a Republican had said this about a Democrat, the media would have been all over it. It must be the whole "Dog Bites Man" vs. "Man Bites Dog" concept. It's not news when a liberal moonbat acts the part because it's so common, but it is news when a conservative does it because it's so rare.

PoliCon
09-11-2008, 05:44 PM
more like it's news worthy and expedient only when it fits the agenda of the left.