PDA

View Full Version : Judge Fines Longshore Union $250,000 After Members Attacked Guards, Damaged Property

Rockntractor
09-30-2011, 11:04 PM
TACOMA, Wash. (The Blaze/AP) — A federal judge fined a Longshore union $250,000 on Friday for its tactics in a Longview labor dispute, and he warned that individual protesters could face their own penalties for future violations of his orders.

Read More>http://www.theblaze.com/stories/judge-fines-longshore-union-250000-after-members-attacked-guards-damaged-property-in-labor-revolt/

MountainMan
09-30-2011, 11:47 PM
This is big news up here too. I hate dealing with these thugs every time I go near a port to make a delivery. Biggest bunch of overpaid pussies in the world.

MountainMan
09-30-2011, 11:48 PM
You will also notice the sign in the longshoreman's hand.........or at least notice what is attached to the sign.

Fucking thugs.

NJCardFan
10-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Unions will kill a company just to make a point. Eastern Airlines anyone?

djones520
10-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Unions will kill a company just to make a point. Eastern Airlines anyone?

Big news about 2 years ago here when they did it to a local company. The owner of the company told the union that they had two choices. Go a year without a raise, or get shut down. They voted themselves a raise, and he shut the company down.

Odysseus
10-01-2011, 07:50 PM
You will also notice the sign in the longshoreman's hand.........or at least notice what is attached to the sign.

Fucking thugs.

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Longshore-union1.jpg

Lovely. I got into a "discussion" with a lib on Facebook who claimed to be completely unaware of any violence by any union in the last 30 years. A dozen links later and he still denied it. Idiots.

NJCardFan
10-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Big news about 2 years ago here when they did it to a local company. The owner of the company told the union that they had two choices. Go a year without a raise, or get shut down. They voted themselves a raise, and he shut the company down.

Near my house was an IGA(supermarket chain). The IGA was non-union. Some of the employees decided to try to unionize. The store wouldn't allow it. The union(UFCW), decided to protest with people holding signs discouraging people from patronizing the store. Even set up the big inflatable rat. End result? IGA closed the store. Every employee out of work.

fettpett
10-02-2011, 12:05 AM
my shop (and the other building in town) had a lot of problems because of the unions, both UAW and Teamsters, screwed us and the company by straight out lying to us that we couldn't hear what the company wanted to change in our contract

JoeKwonDo
10-02-2011, 12:09 AM
They tried to unionize my family business quite a few years ago, but volunteered to take cash instead to let it slide. We had a lot of locations, but small crews so it was too much effort for them.

They then tried with my uncle who had a similar business in NYC. He at first said no and they firmed up their offer with a gun. He paid.

I really don't think any union pukes saw a nickel of it. :eek: