PDA

View Full Version : Supper Time

Rockntractor
10-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Roasted chicken stuffed with rice, cranberry, bread and smoked sausage with home grown sweet potatoes and home baked apple pie. Mmmm yum!:)

linda22003
10-01-2011, 06:37 PM
We're having the Silver Palate's recipe for "Peasant Vegetable Soup". Chicken stock, hambone, beans, cabbage, carrots, onions, and leeks. Once I realized I didn't have to catch and field-dress an actual peasant for the pot, the recipe was easy.

Rockntractor
10-01-2011, 06:41 PM
We're having the Silver Palate's recipe for "Peasant Vegetable Soup". Chicken stock, hambone, beans, cabbage, carrots, onions, and leeks. Once I realized I didn't have to catch and field-dress an actual peasant for the pot, the recipe was easy.

:rotfl:

Rockntractor
10-01-2011, 07:30 PM
It was absolutely delicious, especially the sweet potatoes!

SaintLouieWoman
10-01-2011, 07:37 PM
It was absolutely delicious, especially the sweet potatoes!
Sounds delicious. Ate this afternoon at a place called the Linger Lodge. It's truly "Old Florida", a place in a trailer park, very old brown board building. It apparently is very well known in Sarasota, on the Braden River. It was a beautiful day here and ate out on their screened in porch overlooking the river.

The food was delicious and inexpensive, a good combo. SR had the "River Plate", fried catfish, fried gator and fried frog legs. The operating word is fried. :D

I had a small crock of gumbo, which was good but very spicy. I had to eat soft stuff, as a crown/implant came loose and have to watch it til can get to a dentist Monday morning. It's very frightening, as I don't want anything to delay that knee surgery that I have Tuesday.

Rockntractor
10-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Sounds delicious. Ate this afternoon at a place called the Linger Lodge. It's truly "Old Florida", a place in a trailer park, very old brown board building. It apparently is very well known in Sarasota, on the Braden River. It was a beautiful day here and ate out on their screened in porch overlooking the river.

The food was delicious and inexpensive, a good combo. SR had the "River Plate", fried catfish, fried gator and fried frog legs. The operating word is fried. :D

I had a small crock of gumbo, which was good but very spicy. I had to eat soft stuff, as a crown/implant came loose and have to watch it til can get to a dentist Monday morning. It's very frightening, as I don't want anything to delay that knee surgery that I have Tuesday.

Just make sure they make both your legs the same length or you will walk in circles.:eek:

SaintLouieWoman
10-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Just make sure they make both your legs the same length or you will walk in circles.:eek:
I told the doc to make them the same length to avoid limping. :D

Rockntractor
10-01-2011, 07:47 PM
I told the doc to make them the same length to avoid limping. :D

Also you don't want to be called Eileen!;)

Zathras
10-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Also you don't want to be called Eileen!;)

Why not....she'd have a song named for her....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4m_JxBSN4Q

djones520
10-02-2011, 08:04 AM
We had ranch burgers and broccoli. My wife mixed some ranch dressing into the beef before grilling the patties. It was actually pretty good.

ABC in Georgia
10-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Saturday night dinner?

Once again a whole new experience, let me tell you! ... :D

Hubby recently purchased a Green Egg cooker and we are still up to our eyebrows in learning how to cook with the blinking thing. :eek:

Have tried whole chicken (on an upright metal dealy) ... baby back ribs ... strip steaks ... and burgers.

Last night tried a BRISKET, and later found out that it was supposed to be quite challenging for "newbies." Must have been beginner's luck, as it turned out great.

Shredded it, added some special BBQ sauce and served it on sesame seed buns. Made shoe-string fries and and a green salad to go with.

Ate it in front of TV while watching Brit-coms on PBS. Fantastic night!

~ ABC