PDA

View Full Version : Perry's got some 'Splaining to do

fettpett
10-02-2011, 05:00 PM
http://www.breitbart.tv/cain-calls-perry-hunting-camp-former-name-racially-insensitive/

From Fox Nation: "Herman Cain on Sunday called it "insulting" that the family of Rick Perry owned a hunting camp with a racially charged name well into the 1980s and possibly even later. According to a Washington Post article that appeared Sunday, the hunting camp owned by the Texas governor was branded with the name "N-----head." The word -- reportedly on a rock at the entrance of the 1,070-acre parcel -- has been painted over and the camp renamed."

Apocalypse
10-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Fett, this looks like a smear campaign by the left.

From the WP.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/rick-perry-familys-hunting-camp-still-known-to-many-by-old-racially-charged-name/2011/10/01/gIQAOhY5DL_story.html

Ranchers who once grazed cattle on the 1,070-acre parcel on the Clear Fork of the Brazos River called it by that name well before Perry and his father, Ray, began hunting there in the early 1980s. There is no definitive account of when the rock first appeared on the property. In an earlier time, the name on the rock was often given to mountains and creeks and rock outcroppings across the country. Over the years, civil rights groups and government agencies have had some success changing those and other racially offensive names that dotted the nation’s maps.

So his dad leased and hunted on a a peace of land that before they came along was called ******head

“When my Dad joined the lease in 1983, he took the first opportunity he had to paint over the offensive word on the rock during the 4th of July holiday,” Perry said in his initial response. “It is my understanding that the rock was eventually turned over to further obscure what was originally written on it.”

Perry said that he was not with his father when he painted over the name but that he “agreed with” the decision.

So when they took over the land, they decided to paint over the name. Because they didn't agree with it.

Tipsycatlover
10-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Yeah it is. The Perry family bought that property and painted over the rock. If the left thinks that the parcel should never be used because it had a tainted name at one time they are crazier than I thought to begin with.

fettpett
10-02-2011, 06:01 PM
I just saw this link and thought it was wroth posting...If they changed the name of it after they bought the property good for them.

AmPat
10-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Everybody knows that you get to rename land that you lease. Geesh people.:rolleyes: