PDA

View Full Version : Biden: Hillary a better VP pick then me!

GrumpyOldLady
09-10-2008, 06:37 PM
ABC NEWS (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/09/biden-hillary-a.html)

Yep. Joe Biden said Hillary would have been a better pick for VP.

:eek: It's true! And he said it! OMG! :eek:

Wonder if Joe Biden will back out and if Hillary will come riding in?

Betchya she will if Obama ever comes through on that 20 million dollar debt she has that
he said he'd help her with.

HILLARY WOULD HAVE BEEN A MUCH BETTER PICK FOR POTUS AS WELL!
Biden didnt' say that. I DID!

PoliCon
09-10-2008, 06:45 PM
Biden is NObama's gift to the GOP.

megimoo
09-10-2008, 07:04 PM

Betchya she will if Obama ever comes through on that 20 million dollar debt she has that

Biden aka old motor mouth is well known for destroying himself verbally .He has little control over that thing and if he talks long enough will contradict himself several times.

cat714
09-10-2008, 07:25 PM
WOW...I thought Obie's handlers would have put a muzzle on the junk yard dog. Keep up the barking, Joe!! LOL!

I had heard somebody in the news commenting briefly about Joe Biden stepping down and Hillary joining the ticket. If that were to happen, it would really do a lot of damage to what little creditibility Obie may have. I think that would piss off Hillary's supporters even more because he would be putting her on the ticket simply to increase his chances to win, not because he feels she's an asset to him. I mean the a-hole didn't even vett her. It would backfire and the Republicans would have a field day with it.

Elspeth
09-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Well, that's a big "WELL, D'UH!"

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/spectral_music/smiley.gif

AlmostThere
09-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Glen Beck was saying on his show this evening that Obama is heading to Harlem tomorrow to meet with King Bill. Coincidence?

lacarnut
09-10-2008, 08:30 PM
The Magic Negro needs to pull a rabbit out of his hat otherwise he is going to get trounced in Nov. I was a happy camper when Hillary was not picked for VP. McCain would have had a hell of a battle even with Gov. Palin as VP. Now, the polish has worn off Obama; Biden never had any to start with. Hillary would have been a tough opponent.

Even if the dirt-bag lawyers dig up some impropriety like Gov. Palin using her influence to fire her former brother in law. So what. Hillary fired a bunch of folks at the start of Bubba's first term.

PoliCon
09-10-2008, 08:55 PM
can you just imagine if NObama traded Biden for Hildabeast? If the man cannot be sure of his choice about his VP how can we trust him with the reigns of state?

AlmostThere
09-10-2008, 08:56 PM
The Magic Negro needs to pull a rabbit out of his hat otherwise he is going to get trounced in Nov. I was a happy camper when Hillary was not picked for VP. McCain would have had a hell of a battle even with Gov. Palin as VP. Now, the polish has worn off Obama; Biden never had any to start with. Hillary would have been a tough opponent.

Even if the dirt-bag lawyers dig up some impropriety like Gov. Palin using her influence to fire her former brother in law. So what. Hillary fired a bunch of folks at the start of Bubba's first term.
The brother-in-law sounds like he should have been fired then arrested.

Biden making that stark admission seems pretty ominous to me. If that's not laying the groundwork for his withdrawal I'd be REALLY surprised. Question is would Hillary take the slot now?

JB
09-10-2008, 09:01 PM
can you just imagine if NObama traded Biden for Hildabeast? If the man cannot be sure of his choice about his VP how can we trust him with the reigns of state?That doesn't concern me.

I'm more concerned about Biden backing out for (fill in whatever reason you want to) and then Hill coming in to be Veep. Changes everything.

PoliCon
09-10-2008, 09:05 PM
either way it will be clearly a case of political calculation. Even a blind man could see through it.

Sadie5
09-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Now that the voters are seeing through the spit and polish that made Obie glow he might be having second thoughts. If offered the VP slot to her I hope Hillary spits in his face. The only way he would go against Michelle and offer Hillary the VP is because he is losing. She should turn him down because if they should win with her as VP she would get blamed for his misdeeds while he was president. Hillary should be president with Obie stepping into the #2 spot.

What else is known about his meeting with Bill Clinton?

Silverhair
09-11-2008, 01:03 AM
Accepting Obama's offer of the VP slot now would not be in Hillary's self interst. And she does NOT go against her own self interest.

If she accepts and helps Obama win, then she can't run in '12. If she accepts, and Obama still loses, then she is tarnished with the image of loser. If she accepts, Obama wins, and serves two terms (HUGE if) then she has a very difficult task to transition from VP to President. She would be seen as his third term, and by then voters want a change.

Further, the job of a VP is to wait for the President to die, break ties in the Senate, and attend foreign funerals. She will not be happy with that, and she knows it.

Obama is shrinking in the polls, his campaign is flailing about and not getting traction. Both Biden and Obama are gaffe machines. Unless there is a major surprise, Obama is going to lose. All Hillary needs to do is token campaigning for Obama, but not attacking Palin, and she can run again in '12, and tell Demcrats, "I told you what would happen if you chose Obama."

mike128
09-11-2008, 01:32 AM
Gee. Looks like good ol' foot-in-mouth Joe just put his FOOT in his MOUTH again! :D

Goldwater
09-11-2008, 05:27 AM
Biden is qualified and would maybe make a good VP, Hillary would be a VP he has a bigger chance of winning with though.

Shakespeare
09-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Change? 3+ decades in DC ain't change.
Gender, age? Just another old white guy.
Popular support? More people voted for Richardson.
'Reach out' to 18 mill Clinton backers? More like slap in the face.

Biden was a stupid choice.
Thanks, Barry!

Gingersnap
09-11-2008, 10:26 AM
Accepting Obama's offer of the VP slot now would not be in Hillary's self interst. And she does NOT go against her own self interest.

If she accepts and helps Obama win, then she can't run in '12. If she accepts, and Obama still loses, then she is tarnished with the image of loser. If she accepts, Obama wins, and serves two terms (HUGE if) then she has a very difficult task to transition from VP to President. She would be seen as his third term, and by then voters want a change.

Further, the job of a VP is to wait for the President to die, break ties in the Senate, and attend foreign funerals. She will not be happy with that, and she knows it.

Obama is shrinking in the polls, his campaign is flailing about and not getting traction. Both Biden and Obama are gaffe machines. Unless there is a major surprise, Obama is going to lose. All Hillary needs to do is token campaigning for Obama, but not attacking Palin, and she can run again in '12, and tell Demcrats, "I told you what would happen if you chose Obama."

This is pretty close to what I think. I can't see how accepting the VP slot would benefit her own ambitions.

Rebel Yell
09-11-2008, 10:37 AM
If he'd picked Hillary to begin with, we wouldn't even know who Sarah Palin is. He wishes like hell that he'd picked Hillary, because Palin is pushing McCain over the top.

GrumpyOldLady
09-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Sarah Palin was on the 'long list' and was being vetted to some degree long before Obama picked Biden.

If Obama had gone with Hillary, I think McCain still would have picked Palin. IMHO

Elspeth
09-11-2008, 12:13 PM
This is pretty close to what I think. I can't see how accepting the VP slot would benefit her own ambitions.

It wouldn't. Being VP is kind of a thankless position unless the POTUS dies unexpectedly. I can't see anyone really wanting to take that position with a young man as POTUS. I get the idea that Biden may not have wanted to take it either, but someone had to. Anyone with true presidential ambitions would be foolish to be Obama's Veep.

Now McCain's Veep on the other hand.....:D

PoliCon
09-11-2008, 05:35 PM
If he'd picked Hillary to begin with, we wouldn't even know who Sarah Palin is. He wishes like hell that he'd picked Hillary, because Palin is pushing McCain over the top.
nah. I'm confident that despite what the left wants to claim - Palin was pretty much the only choice. Who else could he have chosen? Leiberman? He'd have gone down in a ball of flame. The base would have revolted. The left would - and does hate Leiberman for taking McCain's side. Palin was the only choice he could have ever have made.

GrumpyOldLady
09-12-2008, 06:36 AM
VP Choices -

Govenor Palin - "I'm Ready"

Sen. Biden - "Hillary would have been a better choice".

OH BOY!!