PDA

View Full Version : "View" Co-Host Approves Of Whoopi Using The N-Word, Not Walters

Rockntractor
10-03-2011, 02:55 PM
In the 'Hot Topics' segment on "The View" this morning, the ladies discussed a Washington Post story about a rock with the word "******head" written on it at the gated entrance of a hunting camp leased and frequented by Rick Perry and his father.

Host Barbara Walters used the n-word while explaining the story, causing co-host Sherri Shepherd to take offense. Shepherd says she didn't like the way Barbara Walters said it. However, Shepherd was okay with Whoopi Goldberg, the main host of "The View," using it. Shepherd explained herself:

"When I heard you (Whoopi) say it, it was fine. You said it a different way. When I heard you (Barbara) say it, I didn't like the way you said it. Because when you say it, you say [inaudible]. And I don't like [inaudible]," Shepherd said.

This left Barbara Walters confused and wanted to know the proper way to say the n-word. However, Shepherd told Walters there is no right way for her to say it.

Walters said the n-word once in the segment while Whoopi Goldberg used the word nearly a dozen times.
Video from this worthless IQ robbing story here>http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/10/03/view_co-host_approves_of_whoopi_using_the_n-word_not_walters.html

fettpett
10-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Hey Barbie...how does it feel to be singled out and blasted because of your skin color? same shit you idiots have done to anyone on the right for the last 30+ years

Apache
10-03-2011, 07:19 PM
I did that today.....

I think the Secret-Service might be paying a visit....

I told a guy he was an indian giver:eek:

Don't kill me.....:rolleyes:

Speedy
10-03-2011, 07:22 PM
I'll use that word as often as they do!

KhrushchevsShoe
10-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Yup, black people can drop the n-bomb and white people cant. May not be fair but neither is the world.

Rockntractor
10-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Yup, black people can drop the n-bomb and white people cant. May not be fair but neither is the world.

That is all you could come up with? Get more sleep, you are worthless lately!:rolleyes:

Novaheart
10-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Is there any reason to believe that this show isn't fully scripted?

Articulate_Ape
10-04-2011, 12:43 AM

Whatchoo talkin' about, negro?

MrsSmith
10-04-2011, 05:42 AM
This pretty much boils down to a case of "talking while white." Even the leftist crackers have to be careful not to pronounce the whole word, regardless of the context.

noonwitch
10-04-2011, 08:42 AM
I don't care if Whoopie said it or not. I have no reason to say it.

JB
10-04-2011, 05:09 PM
Just tell Shepherd she can't use cracker.

Novaheart
10-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Just tell Shepherd she can't use cracker.

I think that you have identified the real problem. There simply is no corresponding and equally hurtful word for white people. The handful of names that black people have for white people simply don't cut to the bone with us, because we don't care. And that is indeed a product of the position of privilege.

The person who claims that racism is prejudice with power is partially correct. The fact that cracker, honkie, and the like don't sting is power and privilege on a societal scale. The bottom line is that the President of the US can be called the nword by a white McDonald's fry cook, and the President can be practiced and professional, and he can talk it off, but his first reaction to hearing that word hasn't change since the first time he heard it. Or so I am told.

NJCardFan
10-04-2011, 07:44 PM
That is all you could come up with? Get more sleep, you are worthless lately!:rolleyes:

As opposed to...

NJCardFan
10-04-2011, 07:47 PM
I think that you have identified the real problem. There simply is no corresponding and equally hurtful word for white people. The handful of names that black people have for white people simply don't cut to the bone with us, because we don't care. And that is indeed a product of the position of privilege.

The person who claims that racism is prejudice with power is partially correct. The fact that cracker, honkie, and the like don't sting is power and privilege on a societal scale. The bottom line is that the President of the US can be called the nword by a white McDonald's fry cook, and the President can be practiced and professional, and he can talk it off, but his first reaction to hearing that word hasn't change since the first time he heard it. Or so I am told.

Not to mention I don't go around calling people cracker or whitey or white devil or honkie, etc. Asshole maybe but not words like that, especially as a term of endearment.

rjas77
10-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Either ****** is a hateful word that should not be spoken or it's not.

Lager
10-04-2011, 09:47 PM
[quote=Novaheart;454795]I think that you have identified the real problem. There simply is no corresponding and equally hurtful word for white people. quote]

That may be because the majority of white people have no aspirations to any kind of victimhood status.

KhrushchevsShoe
10-10-2011, 06:53 AM
That may be because the majority of white people have no aspirations to any kind of victimhood status.

This is the funniest thing posted on CU in weeks.

Lager
10-10-2011, 08:43 AM
Okay buddy. You can keep your N word in it's special place. Sorry if the "Man" is still holding you back. Hopefully Obama Care will allow for visits to a psyche to help you work out your issues of "White Guilt". I know how it must tear you up inside.

KhrushchevsShoe
10-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Okay buddy. You can keep your N word in it's special place. Sorry if the "Man" is still holding you back. Hopefully Obama Care will allow for visits to a psyche to help you work out your issues of "White Guilt". I know how it must tear you up inside.

No idea what the hell you're even talking about anymore.

Just dont claim CU doesn't see itself as the victimized majority. Every day there's an article about the poor Christians, the helpless rich and the forgotten whites, all left unrepresented by government.

Rockntractor
10-10-2011, 05:39 PM

Just dont claim CU doesn't see itself as the victimized majority. Every day there's an article about the poor Christians, the helpless rich and the forgotten whites, all left unrepresented by government.

If you don't like it leave commie!

Zathras
10-10-2011, 05:44 PM

Hell, I'm surprise the gutless wonder KS isn't at one of the protests with the rest of his people....oh, wait, no I'm not. That would mean having the courage to face the police, something that the waist of skin that is KS doesn't have, never has had nor ever will have.

Wei Wu Wei
10-10-2011, 07:41 PM

It's possible to criticize something and still enjoy it.

After all, I love watching Fox News.

SaintLouieWoman
10-10-2011, 11:55 PM
It's possible to criticize something and still enjoy it.

After all, I love watching Fox News.

Glad that you're having so much fun here. :rolleyes:

Lager
10-11-2011, 10:29 AM

I'm not talking about CU. Nova stated that there were no corresponding words that have the same affect on light skinned people as the N word. And it's true. There's no organized groups composed of white citizens looking for any perceived offense and outrage, ready to call for someone's removal from office or the public sphere because of a perceived slur.

Words designed to denigrate or demean people based on their race have always been around. Many cultures other than African Americans have also been on the receiving end at some time. The Jews, The Irish, The Italians, Chinese etc. The quicker that humanity rises above such petty practices, the better.

I question the real reason why a culture would want to keep alive a vile word long associated with past misery. What catharsis could it really provide to people like Whoopi Goldberg to throw it around freely? I don't know of any other cultures that use demeaning racially charged words among themselves.

KhrushchevsShoe
10-11-2011, 04:33 PM
I'm not talking about CU. Nova stated that there were no corresponding words that have the same affect on light skinned people as the N word. And it's true. There's no organized groups composed of white citizens looking for any perceived offense and outrage, ready to call for someone's removal from office or the public sphere because of a perceived slur.

Words designed to denigrate or demean people based on their race have always been around. Many cultures other than African Americans have also been on the receiving end at some time. The Jews, The Irish, The Italians, Chinese etc. The quicker that humanity rises above such petty practices, the better.

I question the real reason why a culture would want to keep alive a vile word long associated with past misery. What catharsis could it really provide to people like Whoopi Goldberg to throw it around freely? I don't know of any other cultures that use demeaning racially charged words among themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r6hqZhISTo

Lager
10-11-2011, 05:29 PM
I just have a real strong hunch that's not going to be worth clicking on Kshoe. Perhaps you could try using your own words?