PDA

View Full Version : Knox leaves prison after murder conviction overturned

txradioguy
10-04-2011, 04:21 AM
http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/111003_knox-tears.grid-4x2.jpg

PERUGIA, Italy Amanda Knox, the 24-year-old American found guilty in 2009 of murdering her roommate Meredith Kercher, was a free woman after an appeals court jury on Monday acquitted her and her ex-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito.

Knox, 24, collapsed in tears as the jury's verdict was read.

The jury had two options to acquit: determining there wasn't enough evidence to uphold the conviction or that the pair simply didn't commit the crime. The jury determined the latter, clearing Knox and Sollecito completely.

After briefly returning to prison for a formal discharge, Knox was seen being driven away in a convoy. Rocco Girlanda, an Italian lawmaker who is close to the Knox family, said she planned to leave Italy on Tuesday.

In court, the Kercher family looked on grimly as the verdict was read out by the judge after 11 hours of deliberations by the eight-member jury.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44752948/ns/today-today_news/t/knox-verdict-reached-court-announce-it-shortly/

noonwitch
10-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Keystone cops in Italy messed up the crime scene. The prosecutor went with a satanic ritual theory, instead of sticking to the sex/drug party theory, which was more likely.

I still think she's a sociopath who was involved in the murder. Note how it's been all about Amanda for a while, now, and not very much about Meredith, the victim. I'm sure that's exactly how Amanda wants it. My 2 reasons for believing she is responsible:

1. Her attempt to frame an innocent person for the murder and
2. Bloody footprints that matched her shoes were also found at the crime scene.

She also confessed to the police, although now claims duress .

But the american media is all about the pretty little american girl who got jailed in a foreign country and whose parents continue to proclaim her innocence.

marv
10-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Saw some video footage on FNS this morning. I can't help but compare Knox's retrial to the Casey Anthony trial. The reactions were completely different.

Tipsycatlover
10-04-2011, 11:14 AM
I can't help but compare the Knox trial to Troy Davis.

The evidence was overwhelming that Knox was innocent and Davis was guilty. Public opinion is against Knox but supports Davis.

If Knox had been black and killed a white police officer, she would have had public opinion on her side too.

rjas77
10-04-2011, 11:56 AM
She would never had been convicted in our system, but that's not to say she didn't do it.

djones520
10-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Keystone cops in Italy messed up the crime scene. The prosecutor went with a satanic ritual theory, instead of sticking to the sex/drug party theory, which was more likely.

I still think she's a sociopath who was involved in the murder. Note how it's been all about Amanda for a while, now, and not very much about Meredith, the victim. I'm sure that's exactly how Amanda wants it. My 2 reasons for believing she is responsible:

1. Her attempt to frame an innocent person for the murder and
2. Bloody footprints that matched her shoes were also found at the crime scene.

She also confessed to the police, although now claims duress .

But the american media is all about the pretty little american girl who got jailed in a foreign country and whose parents continue to proclaim her innocence.

She may have been "involved" in some way, but that doesn't mean she did it. I'm pretty sure she's innocent of murder, and this was more of a "get the American" scenario then anything else.

noonwitch
10-04-2011, 12:34 PM
She would never had been convicted in our system, but that's not to say she didn't do it.

The cops here (for the most part) understand how to secure a crime scene and properly gather evidence.

noonwitch
10-04-2011, 02:57 PM
She may have been "involved" in some way, but that doesn't mean she did it. I'm pretty sure she's innocent of murder, and this was more of a "get the American" scenario then anything else.

She has the stone cold eyes of a sociopath-thankfully, that is not enough to convict anyone . Still, don't let her pretty face and loving family fool you.

Italian justice is messed up, and she shouldn't have been convicted because of the shoddy job done handling the evidence. I still think she participated in killing poor Meredith.

Chuck58
10-04-2011, 03:04 PM
And I suppose her next step will be a vacation. Maybe to Rome or Pompeii?

With all that's going on in this world, is none of it more important than Amanda Knox or Casey Anthony?

noonwitch
10-04-2011, 03:15 PM
And I suppose her next step will be a vacation. Maybe to Rome or Pompeii?

With all that's going on in this world, is none of it more important than Amanda Knox or Casey Anthony?

I'm sure Bob Guccioni would like to meet with them both. Casey is destined for the pole, anyway.

Chuck58
10-04-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm sure Bob Guccioni would like to meet with them both. Casey is destined for the pole, anyway.

I'm not sure she has the intelligence to learn it.

As for Knox, from the couple of times I've had to suffer through a news thing on her, I tend to agree with you. She has dead eyes, like a sociopath.

Novaheart
10-08-2011, 10:14 AM

Off topic, but since it has been brought up: Didn't you find it a peculiar thing to say for Troy Davis, "I was not personally responsible for the death of ....."? That just jumped out at me.