PDA

View Full Version : Obama Wants To Harass Deadbeat Students

Apocalypse
10-08-2011, 12:54 AM
Obama seeks debt collector proposal

By DAVID ESPO AP Special Correspondent
October 4, 2011

WASHINGTON (AP) To the dismay of consumer groups and the discomfort of Democrats, President Barack Obama wants Congress to make it easier for private debt collectors to call the cellphones of consumers delinquent on student loans and other billions owed the federal government.

Associated Press (http://news.yahoo.com/apnewsbreak-obama-seeks-debt-collector-proposal-070358654.html):

Wait till the Wall street protesters, protesting having to repay their student loans hear about this one from Obama!

fettpett
10-08-2011, 07:01 AM
Rush reported that story on Wednesday, bet they are pissed lol

noonwitch
10-10-2011, 08:48 AM
I have a Go Phone. I don't get calls from anyone I don't know. Not that I owe money on student loans, college was still affordable when I went.

Starbuck
10-10-2011, 10:21 AM
........... Not that I owe money on student loans, college was still affordable when I went.
Now, those were the good ol' days!

jediab
10-10-2011, 04:22 PM
The comments on at the bottom of the page are priceless. :D

txradioguy
10-11-2011, 04:44 AM
WASHINGTON (AP) To the dismay of consumer groups and the discomfort of Democrats, President Barack Obama wants Congress to make it easier for private debt collectors to call the cellphones of consumers delinquent on student loans and other billions owed the federal government.

Wait I'm confused...didn't Obama just give a shout out and implied approval of the OWS folks?

Now he's wanting to come after them?

fettpett
10-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Wait I'm confused...didn't Obama just give a shout out and implied approval of the OWS folks?

pretty much

Odysseus
10-11-2011, 04:56 PM

Now that's clever! Get them all in one place and sic the collection agents on them! :D