PDA

View Full Version : Oh this is hillarious,Some nut job .Alaskans Homer

megimoo
09-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Oh this is hillarious,Some nut job .

Top Ten Facts Every Wildlife Advocate Must Know About Sarah Palin –
By Alaskans Homer, Alaska September 6, 2008 –

GrizzlyBay.org, an Alaskan group dedicated to protecting Alaska’s bears and wolves, releases top facts everyone must know about Sarah Palin that spreads across internet shocking millions.

1) Palin offered a bounty of $150 for each right front leg of freshly killed wolves

2) Palin supports aerial hunting of wolves and bears even though Alaskans voted twice to ban it

3) Palin used $400,000 of state money to fund a campaign in support of aerial hunting

4) Palin is opposed to listing the polar bear as an endangered species because she thinks it will interfere with oil exploitation

5) Palin is suing the federal government over listing polar bears as an endangered species

6) Palin believes man made global warming is a lie

7) Palin is a champion for big oil and supports drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge

8) Palin’s predator control policy will kill 60% of the black bear population west of Anchorage

9) Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation is prohibited in Alaska

10) 149 wildlife biologists protested Alaska’s predator control policies, yet Palin continues the wholesale extermination of bears and wolves
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2079480/posts
Comments:
Wolves and bears are endangering people and pets.
In the 60's there were 10,000 polar bears. There are now 40,000.
Number 9 is a lie.
“Under the revised Predator Control Program, the 180 pilots and gunners who have received permits to shoot wolves from the air will now be paid a bounty of $150 for each wolf they kill. The bounty will be collected when the hunter turns in the left front leg of the wolf, which will be used for scientific study by State biologists.

According to Denby Lloyd, commissioner for the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, the left foreleg of the wolf can be used to determine the age of the wolf that was killed. This information will help the State adjust the program in future years.”

(I found that in answering her)

Alaska Raptor Rehab Center in Sitka... http://www.alaskaraptor.org/

PoliCon
09-10-2008, 10:54 PM
10 more reasons to vote for her!! :D

Eyelids
09-11-2008, 12:33 AM
10 more reasons to vote for her!! :D

3) Palin used $400,000 of state money to fund a campaign in support of aerial hunting
Well now we know you're a fucking idiot!

PoliCon
09-11-2008, 02:02 AM
Why? Tell me, do you even care WHY she supported thinning out the wolf population?

Sonnabend
09-11-2008, 07:39 AM

Pot, this is kettle again, over.

Ree
09-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Have ya ever seen what a wolf pack can do to sheep and cattle? Have you ever had to deal with the "mess" they cause?

cowbell
09-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Have ya ever seen what a wolf pack can do to sheep and cattle? Have you ever had to deal with the "mess" they cause?

have you ever seen the damage done to an ecosystem that exists virtually without predators? i mean, we did this mass extermination of wolves once in this country and royally fucked up ecosystems all over. thats why we had to reintroduce them to yellowstone. i have worked very closely with wolves and large predators. they are more valuable than harmful.

Eyelids
09-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Mrs. "I Hate Pork" spent 400k on a campaign against banning aerial hunting. That's some pork right there.

PoliCon
09-11-2008, 05:20 PM
have you ever seen the damage done to an ecosystem that exists virtually without predators? i mean, we did this mass extermination of wolves once in this country and royally fucked up ecosystems all over. thats why we had to reintroduce them to yellowstone. i have worked very closely with wolves and large predators. they are more valuable than harmful.um . . . last time I checked - man is a predator. At least real men are. Sissified pita girls aside. You don't need wolves to kill off big game when men are allowed to hunt.

PoliCon
09-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Mrs. "I Hate Pork" spent 400k on a campaign against banning aerial hunting. That's some pork right there. That's pork? If that's pork - then what do you call the welfare state the left has created purely to buy votes?

cowbell
09-11-2008, 08:43 PM
um . . . last time I checked - man is a predator. At least real men are. Sissified pita girls aside. You don't need wolves to kill off big game when men are allowed to hunt.

Well, the problem with that is...Alaska is HUGE with a small population, which doesn't even begin to cover all of Alaska. There are not enough hunters in Alaska to make the difference that wolves and bears do. People hunt, sure, but of all those people hunting how many actually bag a caribou and how much ground can they really cover in a day? Those hunters just don't make a big enough impact, and that's assuming that they ALL hunt, which is not true. Arctic ecosystems are also incredibly fragile, its hard to live up there afterall...so thinning the wolf population might make you think you are getting a shit ton of caribou but actually by not having enough predation, you decrease diversity of species in that ecosystem. So really what would happen is that as you remove these keystone predators, you end up with an initial explosion in the caribou population. These caribou then eat ALL of the plants (and, remember, it's Alaska, it's not like there are a lot of thriving plant populations up there). Which, clearly leads to a lack of food for the caribou, instead of getting a bunch of yummy yummy caribou for all those hunters, you end up with starving, dead caribou. That doesn't do anyone any good, right?

PoliCon
09-11-2008, 11:53 PM
Well, the problem with that is...Alaska is HUGE with a small population, which doesn't even begin to cover all of Alaska. There are not enough hunters in Alaska to make the difference that wolves and bears do. People hunt, sure, but of all those people hunting how many actually bag a caribou and how much ground can they really cover in a day? Those hunters just don't make a big enough impact, and that's assuming that they ALL hunt, which is not true. Arctic ecosystems are also incredibly fragile, its hard to live up there afterall...so thinning the wolf population might make you think you are getting a shit ton of caribou but actually by not having enough predation, you decrease diversity of species in that ecosystem. So really what would happen is that as you remove these keystone predators, you end up with an initial explosion in the caribou population. These caribou then eat ALL of the plants (and, remember, it's Alaska, it's not like there are a lot of thriving plant populations up there). Which, clearly leads to a lack of food for the caribou, instead of getting a bunch of yummy yummy caribou for all those hunters, you end up with starving, dead caribou. That doesn't do anyone any good, right?I think you might want to check into the wolf hunting program. K? Cause I think you have too much leftie propaganda and not enough facts.

cowbell
09-12-2008, 12:13 PM
yeah, ill do that....and last time i checked, ecology was not lefty propaganda...it was just ecology, which surprisingly enough is based on facts. lefty propaganda would be if i told you that hunting wolves killed happy fairies in make believe land

Ree
09-12-2008, 12:22 PM
yeah, ill do that....and last time i checked, ecology was not lefty propaganda...it was just ecology, which surprisingly enough is based on facts. lefty propaganda would be if i told you that hunting wolves killed happy fairies in make believe land
First of all they are NOT "hunting" they wolves, they are culling them
Wolves only have one predator(man)

Odysseus
09-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Ecology is a science, but many sciences have been politicized, especially when their implications impact policy decisions. A lot of the discussion of ecology and conservation is lefty propaganda.

First of all they are NOT "hunting" they wolves, they are culling them
Wolves only have one predator(man)
And three little pigs. :D

megimoo
09-12-2008, 01:09 PM
Ecology is a science, but many sciences have been politicized, especially when their implications impact policy decisions. A lot of the discussion of ecology and conservation is lefty propaganda.

And three little pigs. :DAre all sporting lipstick these days !

PoliCon
09-12-2008, 09:38 PM
yeah, ill do that....and last time i checked, ecology was not lefty propaganda...it was just ecology, which surprisingly enough is based on facts. lefty propaganda would be if i told you that hunting wolves killed happy fairies in make believe landSee - you think that this is about destroying ecology and have no clue as to why it was done. Typical leftist. Make an assumption and run with it no matter what.

AmPat
09-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Well, the problem with that is...Alaska is HUGE with a small population, which doesn't even begin to cover all of Alaska. There are not enough hunters in Alaska to make the difference that wolves and bears do. People hunt, sure, but of all those people hunting how many actually bag a caribou and how much ground can they really cover in a day? Those hunters just don't make a big enough impact, and that's assuming that they ALL hunt, which is not true. Arctic ecosystems are also incredibly fragile, its hard to live up there afterall...so thinning the wolf population might make you think you are getting a shit ton of caribou but actually by not having enough predation, you decrease diversity of species in that ecosystem. So really what would happen is that as you remove these keystone predators, you end up with an initial explosion in the caribou population. These caribou then eat ALL of the plants (and, remember, it's Alaska, it's not like there are a lot of thriving plant populations up there). Which, clearly leads to a lack of food for the caribou, instead of getting a bunch of yummy yummy caribou for all those hunters, you end up with starving, dead caribou. That doesn't do anyone any good, right?

1. You think a managed caribou hunting program wont kill enough to keep the population healthy yet wolves will?
2. Wouldn't all these "dead Caribou" reset and correct their own population density?:confused:
3. What happens to the population of Caribou if the wolves don't kill enough (become Vegans or go on a diet, etc)? :)
4. If the wolf population is thinned too much, can't they be re-introduced and/or managed to stabilize the caribou poplation? :confused:
I remember similar theories from the pipeline and none of them came true. :cool: