PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for an old classmate

fettpett
10-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Last night an old classmate of mine lost her little boy. Prayers for her and her family are greatly appreciated. He was sick last week and yesterday he had a fever that spiked to around 104, took him to the hospital and brought it down, however last night it spiked again and they rushed him back to the hospital, however he stopped breathing and they couldn't revive him. They live in Colorado and the hospital thinks it's possible his death is connected to the cantaloupe contamination from earlier in the summer. They are going to do and autopsy to find out for sure.

Elspeth
10-09-2011, 08:40 PM
How very sad. That poor kid and his family.

SaintLouieWoman
10-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Prayers are coming for the family. How very sad. How old was the little one?

fettpett
10-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Prayers are coming for the family. How very sad. How old was the little one?

he was 18mos this month, she's beating her self up pretty bad over it too from what i understand. :(

noonwitch
10-10-2011, 09:10 AM
How awful, it sounds a lot like Reye's Syndrome.

fettpett
10-10-2011, 09:22 AM
How awful, it sounds a lot like Reye's Syndrome.

nah, it was more like regular flu s/s until he stopped breathing it's going to be 6-8 weeks till they get the results from the autopsy :(

ABC in Georgia
10-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Hi fettpett ...

I too said prayers for the mother and family to help them get through this terrible time.

I always say prayers for those that ask. I just don't post them each time, but this situation is just too sad, especially with someone so young.

May God give them the strength needed to help them deal with their loss. It must be devasting for them.

~ ABC