PDA

View Full Version : What I Saw at the Two Conventions

PoliCon
09-10-2008, 11:18 PM
12. After my debate with Air America's Thom Hartmann in Denver, a number of those present -- all Democrats -- commented on how surprised they were at how intellectual the arguments I, the conservative, offered were. This is only because, in general, most liberals see, hear or read conservative arguments far less often than conservatives see, hear and read liberal arguments. http://townhall.com/columnists/DennisPrager/2008/09/09/what_i_saw_at_the_two_conventions?page=2

an interesting article - and above is my favorite point from that article.

mike128
09-11-2008, 12:44 AM
Still trolling around conservative forum sites, PoliCon? Don't you miss all your libtard friends at the DU?? :rolleyes:

PoliCon
09-11-2008, 02:00 AM
Still trolling around conservative forum sites, PoliCon? Don't you miss all your libtard friends at the DU?? :rolleyes:
Actually - I have never done more than peak at DU. I feel dirty every time I go there. How about you?

mike128
09-11-2008, 03:25 AM
Actually - I have never done more than peak at DU. I feel dirty every time I go there. How about you?
I want to wash my hands several times after my fingers touch my keyboard whenever the result ends up accessing the DU. The thought makes me SICK! But look, I'll admit to not supporting McCain/Palin initially, especially after Sarah Palin failed to mention ANYTHING about the social issues during her acceptance speech at the RNC.

But once I saw this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1-B-OyQ-KI

I was truly convinced that Sarah Palin is a true social conservative.

It took me longer to actually buy into the McCain/ Palin ticket, because I was skeptical. But knowing that Sarah Palin had the courage, at 44 years old, to have a Downs Syndrome baby, and after seeing that clip of the 2006 Alaska Gubernatorial Debate, I became convinced!

I will be officially voting for McCain/Palin in November, just so long as BOTH McCain's and Palin's answers on the social issues in the upcoming debates, don't appear to differ from the initial stands that both candidates took prior to being nominated. McCain/Palin can 'moderate' on the 'fiscal' issues as much as they want, and I could care less.

But, as a social conservative, selling out on the social issues, just to win an election, is 100% unacceptable.

Look, you and I BOTH support McCain/Palin for different reasons. But since we both support the SAME ticket, and since we BOTH believe that an Obamessiah ticket would be a TOTAL disaster for America, can't we both just join forces to defeat the WRONG ticket, instead of trashing each other's threads?

LogansPapa
09-11-2008, 01:23 PM
36 blacks representing at the RNC event: Like looking for raisins in a glass of buttermilk. :p

PoliCon
09-11-2008, 05:25 PM
36 blacks representing at the RNC event: Like looking for raisins in a glass of buttermilk. :pwell since most blacks have joined in lock step behind the mOssiah - desperate to have one of "their own" in office - is anyone surprised? That being said - There were plenty of black conservative commentators for both conventions.