View Full Version : Thieves preying on fellow protesters

Odysseus
10-18-2011, 10:35 PM
By LARRY CELONA, LAURA ITALIANO REBECCA HARSHBARGER, FRANK ROSARIO and
JAMIE SCHRAM

Last Updated: 9:35 AM, October 18, 2011
Posted: 2:43 AM, October 18, 2011

It’s a den of thieves!

Occupy Wall Street protesters said yesterday that packs of brazen crooks within their ranks have
been robbing their fellow demonstrators blind, making off with pricey cameras, phones and laptops
-- and even a hefty bundle of donated cash and food.

“Stealing is our biggest problem at the moment,” said Nan Terrie, 18, a kitchen and legal-team
volunteer from Fort Lauderdale.

“I had my Mac stolen -- that was like $5,500. Every night, something else is gone. Last night, our
entire [kitchen] budget for the day was stolen, so the first thing I had to do was . . . get the
message out to our supporters that we needed food!”

Crafty cat burglars sneaked into the makeshift kitchen at Zuccotti Park overnight and swiped as
much as $2,500 in donated greenbacks from right under the noses of volunteers who’d fallen
asleep after a long day whipping up meals for the hundreds of hungry protesters, the volunteers
said.

“The worst thing is there’s people sleeping in the kitchen when they come, and they don’t even
know about it! There are some really smart and sneaky thieves here,” Terrie said.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/criminal_occupation_oh3CnKANUqYHrGPCaZaLRK
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like somebody didn't appreciate having his wealth spread around. :D

Elspeth
10-18-2011, 10:53 PM
They had cash in an open tent?

:D

Odysseus
10-18-2011, 11:20 PM

Well, they don't trust banks... :rolleyes::D

Rockntractor
10-18-2011, 11:24 PM
Well, they don't trust banks... :rolleyes::D

They probably prayed to the earth goddess to protect it!

Odysseus
10-18-2011, 11:29 PM
They probably prayed to the earth goddess to protect it!

And she has. Their cash has gone down a bottomless hole. :D

txradioguy
10-19-2011, 01:30 AM

More importantly why submit a $5,500 Mac computer to that environment! :eek:

Dan D. Doty
10-19-2011, 01:57 AM

Because Moonbats don't trust Bankers, but think they can trust some asshole with " born to commit genocide " craved into his forehead to watch their stuff while they sh*t on the hood of someone's car.

txradioguy
10-19-2011, 02:09 AM
Because Moonbats don't trust Bankers, but think they can trust some asshole with " born to commit genocide " craved into his forehead to watch their stuff while they sh*t on the hood of someone's car.

*chuckle* QFT

nightflight
10-19-2011, 02:25 AM
What are they bitching about? They want wealth distribution.

RobJohnson
10-19-2011, 02:35 AM
We need to send them healing white lounge light to help this situation.....:D

Odysseus
10-19-2011, 09:07 AM
Yeah, but only if it's somebody else's wealth. It's like the old Soviet line: "What's mine is mine, what's yours is negotiable."

We need to send them healing white lounge light to help this situation.....:D

Nah, they'd just steal it. Send them some old lava lamps instead. They won't know the difference. :D

fettpett
10-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Yeah, but only if it's somebody else's wealth. It's like the old Soviet line: "What's mine is mine, what's yours is negotiable."

so what you're saying is all married couples live in a communist system? ;) :eek:

Odysseus
10-19-2011, 10:29 AM
so what you're saying is all married couples live in a communist system? ;) :eek:

Well, it's certainly a gulag for the men. :D

fettpett
10-19-2011, 10:36 AM
Well, it's certainly a gulag for the men. :D

LMAO...true dat ;)

Molon Labe
10-19-2011, 11:41 AM

lol. I thought these downtrodden people were poor and out of a job?

Wish I could afford a $5K computer. :rolleyes:

jediab
10-19-2011, 01:26 PM

This. Plus they don't believe in anyone owning something that someone else doesn't have. They should be happy to let others use the items taken. Communal property.

lacarnut
10-19-2011, 02:21 PM
This. Plus they don't believe in anyone owning something that someone else doesn't have. They should be happy to let others use the items taken. Communal property.

The dummy's pappy will just buy him a new one and the poor crook will sell it for a few hundred bucks. I don't see a problem here.:rolleyes:

Odysseus
10-19-2011, 02:25 PM

You can if your parents pay all of your bills, the local restaurants are donating your food (thank you, capitalism) and you have a bunch of student loans that you're planning not to pay back. Many of these dolts are flush with cash and have the toys to prove it. It's only when they graduated and their folks started hinting that they'd like the basement back that they decided that somebody else had to take care of them.

BTW, one of the spoiled idiots that was interviewed by the NY Times was a trustafarian. His grandfather left him enough money so that he could drift from school to school and indulge himself without having to work.

txradioguy
10-19-2011, 03:08 PM

You and me both!

Chuck58
10-19-2011, 04:29 PM

I checked on that. An apple laptop, the top of the line with every option available plus tax will just about hit $5 grand.

And I'm running a refurbished Dell Dimension 3000 with a Pentium 4 processor that I paid $200 for. The only extra was to add a Gig of Ram.

I'm sure the NYPD is really working overtime to solve the crimes.

Rockntractor
10-19-2011, 05:00 PM
I checked on that. An apple laptop, the top of the line with every option available plus tax will just about hit $5 grand.

And I'm running a refurbished Dell Dimension 3000 with a Pentium 4 processor that I paid $200 for. The only extra was to add a Gig of Ram.

I'm sure the NYPD is really working overtime to solve the crimes.

A p4!:eek: And hay is so expensive this year, how can you afford to run it?:confused:

Chuck58
10-19-2011, 05:27 PM
A p4!:eek: And hay is so expensive this year, how can you afford to run it?:confused:

It's ... uhhh ... slightly out of date. But, since it's been rebuilt it works fine for me. I don't need the latest and greatest.

I'd like to have the latest and greatest, but the latest doesn't run a lot of the software I've got....and I'm cheap.

Rockntractor
10-19-2011, 05:48 PM
It's ... uhhh ... slightly out of date. But, since it's been rebuilt it works fine for me. I don't need the latest and greatest.

I'd like to have the latest and greatest, but the latest doesn't run a lot of the software I've got....and I'm cheap.

I have a P4 in my reloading shed that I start up every winter.

Molon Labe
10-19-2011, 06:32 PM
You can if your parents pay all of your bills, the local restaurants are donating your food (thank you, capitalism) and you have a bunch of student loans that you're planning not to pay back. Many of these dolts are flush with cash and have the toys to prove it. It's only when they graduated and their folks started hinting that they'd like the basement back that they decided that somebody else had to take care of them.

BTW, one of the spoiled idiots that was interviewed by the NY Times was a trustafarian. His grandfather left him enough money so that he could drift from school to school and indulge himself without having to work.

Then I guess with the fact that many of these kids are pretty well off, we can look at the stolen computer as their contribution to "redistributing (their own) wealth".

Isn't that the point of these protests?

Sounds like they are getting what they wanted. :D

Odysseus
10-19-2011, 11:55 PM
Then I guess with the fact that many of these kids are pretty well off, we can look at the stolen computer as their contribution to "redistributing (their own) wealth".

Isn't that the point of these protests?

Sounds like they are getting what they wanted. :D

Or somebody got what he wanted. :D

http://www.nypost.com/opinion/cartoons/delonas/2011/10/10192011.jpg

Tipsycatlover
10-20-2011, 08:54 AM
The OWS movement is GROWING! More than ever are showing up.

No one wants to know WHY they are showing up.

enslaved1
10-20-2011, 12:26 PM
This is called reaping what one sows. The left and libs and hippies and anarchists and every other left wing group has been screaming for this type of absolute relativism, and when they get it in situations like the chaos of OWS, it bites them in the butt. And despite the many times it has happened, they still think that relativism is a good plan, just like communism, it just needs to be done right.:rolleyes:

Elspeth
10-21-2011, 01:19 AM

I'm working and I can't afford to replace my $600 computer. Maybe I should quit my job and get some government program to pay for one.