PDA

View Full Version : My daughter, a HS senior, just sent me a text that her government teacher is conserva

Perilloux
09-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Gman (1000+ posts) Thu Sep-11-08 10:11 AM
Original message
My daughter, a HS senior, just sent me a text that her government teacher is conservative (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3973457)

Edited on Thu Sep-11-08 10:13 AM by Gman
she asked if she can tell her that Hitler was a Republic! I sent her a text back saying "Do it!" If she even looks at her crossways I'm going to come down on her ass hard!!

She texted back saying she said it's not true Republicans raise taxes on the poor and lower them on the rich.

I texted telling her to ask her if she believes in evolution!

She texted back saying teacher said McCain is PRO-CHOICE! And Obama is PRO-LIFE!

I texted back saying tell her she doesn't know what she's talking about and I'd back her up.

I texted telling my daughter to ask her teacher if she thinks Bush and Cheney will ever be tried for war crimes and crimes against humanity!

I think I'll call the office here in the next few minutes and set up a parent teacher conference next week! This will be fun!

I'll be damned if I'm going to put up with that shit!

:eek:

DUer's are such concerned parents. Texting back and forth during class. Yeah that's what I want my high school student doing during class, not.

aerojarod
09-11-2008, 10:40 AM
The hive does not approve:

Egnever (1000+ posts) Thu Sep-11-08 10:28 AM
Response to Original message
5. You encourage your kid texting in class?
you need to stop worrying about republicans and focus on your kids educational priorities for a bit.

Kimberly
09-11-2008, 11:02 AM
Good grief, you can really tell when they're telling the truth instead of making up bouncies. They're so proud and clueless about their stupidity. Use of cell phones was strictly prohibited when my daughter was in high school. Being caught using one resulted in confiscation along with detention or suspension. I would imagine that's probably standard for most high schools everywhere. Good parenting job, dummie Gman. :rolleyes:

Rebel Yell
09-11-2008, 11:03 AM
I don't think they should even be allowed to have phones in school, period.

LibraryLady
09-11-2008, 11:08 AM
My daughter actually texted me from a college class yesterday because she was so excited. They had a mock election with secret ballots in her honours Pol Sci class and McCain got 17 out of 19 votes. She was thrilled. !

I didn't have the heart to fuss at her.

hellsbells
09-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Those people (DUmmies) are the biggest idiots I've ever seen.

Between this thread and the "THERE'S BIG NEWS A-COMING! GIDDY DANCE! GIDDY-YAP!" I don't know why I bother checking in. It's not fun to mock idiots.

Gingersnap
09-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Doesn't anybody read the rules for bouncy stories?

Points will taken off for bullying 85 year old church ladies, for describing a remote bouncy done by your kid in school, or for the heavy use of relatives in any conversion event.

LibraryLady
09-11-2008, 11:14 AM
OK, take away a point from me but mine's true!

movie buff
09-11-2008, 11:32 AM
She's proud that her daughter's texting in class?
Great parenting, DUmmy.

aerojarod
09-11-2008, 11:40 AM
Anyone see the short-lived poster (mole?) Americanunderground in that thread?

Go back and read it... wonder if he was one of ours?

jinxmchue
09-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Bouncy text messaging.

Perilloux
09-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Sort of off topic.

Just checked the thread again and found this:

Americanunderground (9 posts) Thu Sep-11-08 10:22 AM
Response to Original message
2. one in a million
your daughters teacher is one in a million

dicksteele (1000+ posts) Thu Sep-11-08 10:44 AM
Response to Reply #2
10. Hi, Americanunderground.

Welcome to DU.

Americanunderground (9 posts) Thu Sep-11-08 11:06 AM
Response to Reply #10
23. thanks

I support Mcain but it is nice to be welcomed. We need to remeber that we ALL love our country and we ALL want what is best. We need to work together to find common solutions to the problems we see here in our own country as well as around the world

IWantAnyDem (1000+ posts) Thu Sep-11-08 11:08 AM
Response to Reply #23
25. Sorry, supporting McCain is not allowed on DU

Edited on Thu Sep-11-08 11:16 AM by IWantAnyDem
You need to read the rules of the road.

Edited to add a direct link to the rules

And to quote the appropriate section:

We ban conservative disruptors who are opposed to the broad goals of this website. If you think overall that George W. Bush is doing a swell job, or if you wish to see Republicans win, or if you are generally supportive of conservative ideals, please do not register to post, as you will likely be banned.

:D

AmericanUnderground should register here, if he's not already. We even allow people that don't support the Republican Nominee to post.

TandT
09-11-2008, 11:55 AM
reading that dummy thread there was inference to Republican ONLY sites - don't think i have ever seen OR been to one ...

does anyone here know of one ???

T

Perilloux
09-11-2008, 11:57 AM
AmericanUnderground just got his pizza.

Elspeth
09-11-2008, 12:19 PM
I don't think they should even be allowed to have phones in school, period.

Sometimes they can be useful, like during emergencies. But that's not often.

GrumpyOldLady
09-12-2008, 06:57 AM
Proud of texting in class. Oh .. there's a brilliant mind! :rolleyes: