PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service Is Still Alive

Rockntractor
10-24-2011, 02:14 PM
A year and a half ago I bought an Alton stainless steel vacuum. One week ago the motor fried and it died, When I looked at my warranty I discovered it was up six months ago. This irritated me, it was a premium heavy duty stainless steel vac.
I contacted Alton by email telling them my displeasure and assuring them it would not be replaced by another Alton or Stanley product.
They answered requesting my invoice, saying they would put it back under warranty and replace it free of charge with extra bags to compensate me for my trouble. They contacted me today confirming my shipping information.
I am amazed!

djones520
10-24-2011, 03:02 PM
Not with Wells Fargo.

We had an issue while on vacation where our bank was a bit slow in depositing our pay one day, and Wells tried cashing a check for our car loan, and it bounced by $3. They then proceeded to act like straight up assholes to us, going as far as insulting my wife, telling her that she couldn't seem to understand what was going on, and they refused to talk to her anymore.

We're looking at refinancing our car with a differant bank now. Fuck those guys.

noworries
10-24-2011, 04:58 PM
I know my bank knew I had a deposit coming in on Friday moring and still bounced a check over 88 cents now that pissed me off

RobJohnson
10-30-2011, 03:09 AM
Not with Wells Fargo.

We had an issue while on vacation where our bank was a bit slow in depositing our pay one day, and Wells tried cashing a check for our car loan, and it bounced by $3. They then proceeded to act like straight up assholes to us, going as far as insulting my wife, telling her that she couldn't seem to understand what was going on, and they refused to talk to her anymore.

We're looking at refinancing our car with a differant bank now. Fuck those guys.

I closed all my accounts there a while ago. In fact after they pre-approved me for a large amount of money for a home loan...I cleaned out another account there that I had and bought a house for cash.

They suck.

RobJohnson
10-30-2011, 03:11 AM
A year and a half ago I bought an Alton stainless steel vacuum. One week ago the motor fried and it died, When I looked at my warranty I discovered it was up six months ago. This irritated me, it was a premium heavy duty stainless steel vac.
I contacted Alton by email telling them my displeasure and assuring them it would not be replaced by another Alton or Stanley product.
They answered requesting my invoice, saying they would put it back under warranty and replace it free of charge with extra bags to compensate me for my trouble. They contacted me today confirming my shipping information.
I am amazed!

Over the years I have used the power of putting things in writing to get companies to stand behind shitty products....I've had a pretty good sucess rate.

namvet
10-30-2011, 09:22 AM
I am amazed!

its called customer accommodation. and its in their interest to do it. I had a problem with my trucks speedometer failing intermittently during the warranty. they never could figure out what was wrong. about 6 mons out of warranty it crapped out for good. it was the speedometer itself. so they replaced it. P&L. but this was documented when it was under warranty,

I had another problem with bad fuel injectors on a sports car I bought years ago. after it went outta warranty they started to fail and it was costing me plenty. I finally gained access to their service bulletins and found out this make and model was notorious for bad injectors. I sent it to the field rep. they replaced all the injectors and refunded my repairs.

if you wanna get to heaven you gotta raise a little hell ?? :D

djones520
10-30-2011, 09:43 AM
I closed all my accounts there a while ago. In fact after they pre-approved me for a large amount of money for a home loan...I cleaned out another account there that I had and bought a house for cash.

They suck.

Yeah, we went to our primary bank, they told us they've had a lot of people coming to them from Wells. Same issues.

Novaheart
10-30-2011, 10:19 AM
Not with Wells Fargo.

Wells Fargo is teh debbil. I had an account with them because I really liked the old fashioned checks with the stagecoach, but it wasn't worth the aggravation. They bounced a check I wrote to the power company, because the check was presented or processed at ten time what I wrote it for, ie $1560 rather than $156. They then claimed it was the power company's fault and that if I wanted the fee back it would have to come from Pacific Gas and Electric.

Rockntractor
11-25-2011, 11:45 PM
Follow up: Received the replacement vac last week from Alton and I am very pleased with the extra effort they took to keep us as satisfied customers. Alton/Stanley is a good company!:)

SarasotaRepub
11-26-2011, 09:14 AM
That's good to know!!!:D

djones520
11-27-2011, 04:58 PM
Follow up with Wells Fargo...

Despite records showing they recieved and credited Novembers car payment, they are insisting we did not pay it. Twice now they have insulted my wife over the phone.

My bank refused to refinance because our account ran negative last month because of all the "late fees" they keep hitting us with. I am beyond disgusted with these people.

namvet
11-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Follow up with Wells Fargo...

Despite records showing they recieved and credited Novembers car payment, they are insisting we did not pay it. Twice now they have insulted my wife over the phone.

My bank refused to refinance because our account ran negative last month because of all the "late fees" they keep hitting us with. I am beyond disgusted with these people.

both of mine are paid off. but I had them Electronically deduct all payments so none of this crap. also the same with my mortgage.

djones520
11-27-2011, 05:28 PM
both of mine are paid off. but I had them Electronically deduct all payments so none of this crap. also the same with my mortgage.

After Octobers SNAFU they demanded we send in money orders for the rest of the year. So first time we do they fuck it up.

namvet
11-27-2011, 05:43 PM
After Octobers SNAFU they demanded we send in money orders for the rest of the year. So first time we do they fuck it up.

what a mess. will they consider E decuct next year???? do you have this co online??? if so you can keep track of payments. if you have the records you can prove to your bank its them not you.

when I paid off my car back in 2001 the last payment due went past due and they reported it to the credit bureau. I liked to never get it removed

djones520
11-27-2011, 05:45 PM
what a mess. will they consider E decuct next year???? do you have this co online??? if so you can keep track of payments. if you have the records you can prove to your bank its them not you.

when I paid off my car back in 2001 the last payment due went past due and they reported it to the credit bureau. I liked to never get it removed

They actually mailed us payment history, and it's right there on the paper showing the november payment. So I dont' know what their issue is, but tomorrow I'm calling them and chewing some major ass.

namvet
11-27-2011, 05:57 PM
They actually mailed us payment history, and it's right there on the paper showing the november payment. So I dont' know what their issue is, but tomorrow I'm calling them and chewing some major ass.

if its getting there on time there's your proof. show it to your bank. their also fuckin' with your credit history here.

djones520
11-30-2011, 10:54 AM
Finally got those A-holes to get the payment issues right. Now we're back up to date on payments. But to top it off, the service rep just hung up on me while I was in the middle of asking him a question.

I really hate this bank.

namvet
11-30-2011, 11:25 AM
Finally got those A-holes to get the payment issues right. Now we're back up to date on payments. But to top it off, the service rep just hung up on me while I was in the middle of asking him a question.

I really hate this bank.

nothing like service with a snarl. if I were you I'd check my credit report. if they put anything neg on there stay on their ass till its removed.