PDA

View Full Version : Batman: Arkham City ***Minor Spoilers Contained***

NJCardFan
10-25-2011, 09:47 PM
All I have to say is Holy Crap. While the story for Arkham Asylum was better, the action and fights are much, much better. In Arkham Asylum, the boss fights were rinse, repeat, pretty much the same over and over but in this game, you really got to be on top of things. And the actual gameplay isn't easy at all. Some of it down right frustrating(remote control baterang...oy). And there are twists and an ending you will not see coming. Quite a shocker. The only thing I'll spoil are the characters:

Batman/Bruce Wayne
Jack Ryder
Bane
Viki Vale
The Joker
Harley Quinn
Solomon Grundy
Penguin
Ra's Al Ghul
Talia Al Ghul(yowza to this one)
Catwoman(playable character)
Tim Drake Robin(playable in challenge mode but does make a cameo in game)
Azreal
Deadshot
Mr. Freeze(one of the more unique boss fights ever)
Clayface
Riddler
Alfred(communication only)
Oracle(for those unfamiliar, she was the original Batgirl)
Two Face
Victor Zsasz
Hugo Strange
Hush
Mad Hatter
Black Mask
Poison Ivy

Pretty much the entire Batman rogues gallery. Great game. Highly recommend it.

Zathras
10-26-2011, 02:40 AM
There's also a cutscene with Killer Croc.

NJCardFan
10-26-2011, 03:05 PM
There's also a cutscene with Killer Croc.

Yeah, I ran into him in the subway area for about 10 seconds. Funny how Batman didn't want to mess with him or Bane.

Apocalypse
10-26-2011, 11:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJoRPeuWWpg

Dick Grayson will be a playable char. on Nov. 1 with the EP. with new maps and story line just for him.

Also

There is hints in the game about the sequel.

Spoiler here.

First one is;

Easter Egg: The Return of Scarecrow and the Secret Ship Hatch;
His future plans for Gotham City.

Easter Egg: Secret Radio Messages
This one is hard, you have to search the radio waves on the stations and decode the numbers.

Easter Egg; A Future Date with Calendar Man?
Its not him in his cell.

Easter Egg; The Pregnancy Test
Biggest hint for the next game. Some one is expecting a little one. And who it is - is massive for the next game.

fettpett
10-26-2011, 11:23 PM
[URL]
Easter Egg; The Pregnancy Test
Biggest hint for the next game. Some one is expecting a little one. And who it is - is massive for the next game.

Selena or Barbara.....crazy!!

Apocalypse
10-26-2011, 11:40 PM
Nope, villian. And not a quasi villian like Selena

Zathras
10-26-2011, 11:49 PM
Nope, villian. And not a quasi villian like Selena

The only one that comes to mind for me is Harley and Mr. J have a little one on the way.

Apocalypse
10-26-2011, 11:53 PM
The only one that comes to mind for me is Harley and Mr. J have a little one on the way.

Harley's Revenge

After you beat the game, head back to Joker's Fun House, beat up the thugs, and then grapple up to Joker's old office. Walk to the back where Harley's nurse outfit from the first game is. Zoom in and look at the ground to the left of the costume to see a positive pregnancy test. During the end credits, Harley can be heard singing a lullaby. "Momma's gonna kill for you the whole damn world..."

NJCardFan
10-29-2011, 10:45 PM

Well, Barbara is in a wheelchair so it's not her. It's Harley actually. Since some of you played this, whiat was the best boss fight? To me, in this order:

Clayface
Ra's Al Ghul
Mr. Freeze
Grundy

The Mr. Freeze one is quite unique. The reason why I say the Clayface fight is the best is because it's insane, near never ending fight.

Now the Easter Eggs, I was on the boat and used the sequencer but only got the City of Terror thing but didn't find a room. Is there a room on that boat?

fettpett
10-30-2011, 01:28 PM
Well, Barbara is in a wheelchair so it's not her. It's Harley actually.

Why wouldn't a paraplegic be able to get pregnant? That's just silly to think they couldn't. Harley Quinn being prego is pretty interesting....

now the question becomes, will they make it official cannon by having her become prego in the comics with Joker's baby

Apocalypse
10-30-2011, 10:16 PM
Easter-eggs.

The Joker’s small speech within the main campaign, PAY ATTENTION or you will miss the reference to this now canceled TV show. In addition, listen closely to the thugs comments in the background. Not really a hint at the next game, but is an easter-egg.

Hint; Thug comment.
“I forget, do they ever explain what the island WAS?”

Secret Ship Hatch Easter Egg

Before you start searching for this room, make sure your Crypotgraphic Sequencer is upgraded and has the TYGER codes installed.
Consult with your map. The hidden room is situated on a Falcone boat. The boat is to the north of the harbor’s industrial district. Look for the two cranes over the water. Now look to the west of the cranes.
Get on the boat and look for a raised wooden cover. It is close to a wooden box. Stand on this platform while using your Cryptographic Sequencer.
Start hacking. This is going to be challenging since you need to hack at level 5. This is the toughest security level in the game. You won’t be successful the first few dozen times so keep at it. Your patience will be tested.
Look for the code “Arkham”. This is the first chunk of the password you’ll need. Next, look for “Terror.” This is the second word
Retain “Terror” but replace “Arkham” with “City of” as the first word.
Here is where things get tricky. “Terror” only shows up if “Arkham” is chosen, and “City of” only appears if “Terror” is chosen.
Once the right password is selected, the wooden platform opens to reveal the barge’s entrance.

This is a major next game hint!

Crime Alley Easter Egg

Head over to the Crime Alleyway, southwest of the Church / Medical Center (on your map, it’s above the letters saying Restricted Area). You should see two crayon silhouettes on the ground. Right next to them is a rose. Make sure that the area has been cleared out of enemies and activate the rose. Batman will kneel down and music (http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2011/10/18/batman-arkham-city-easter-eggs-secrets.htm#) will begin to play. Don’t do anything for 1 minute and you will get this easter egg noted by a popup.
Not a next game hint.

DeadShot side mission Easter Egg

There’s a ******** from ******** in the Circuit Box that Batman finds in the DeadShot side mission.
(I shouldn't have to tell you what it is, as its obvious when you see it, and what this easter egg is about.)
Not a next game hint.

Secret Radio Messages

In differing parts of the game, you can use the Cryptographic Sequencer to scan radio waves. There will be some stations that emit jumbled numbers ending in a chime. These numbers are actually codes. You can decode them using a cipher. The decoding is quite simple-just match up the number to its corresponding letter in the alphabet.
Hint to the next game.

Calendar Man Easter Egg

Find Calendar Man in the basement of the Courthouse, you’ll visit early in the game to save Catwoman from Two-Face. Leave the courtroom and follow the hallway to the exit. Before leaving you can find stairs leading down into the holding cells.
Search the holding cells, and you’ll spot the Calendar Man. Talk to him and he’ll tell you stories on special days of the year.
Luckily the dates are circled on a large calendar on the wall, just outside Calendar Man’s cell. To hear every story, change your system’s date to these days of the year:

New Year’s Day: January 1st
Valentine’s Day: February 14th
St. Patrick’s Day: March 17th
April Fool’s Day: April 1st
Mother’s Day: May 13th
Father’s Day: June 17th
Independence Day: July 4th
Feast of St. Roch: August 16th
Labor Day: September 5th
Halloween: October 31st
Thankgiving: November 24th
Christmas: December 25th

After listening to all twelve stories, this easter egg will be have one final ending.
Find the Croc! Easter Egg

In the sewers underneath Arkham City, you can have a brief encounter with Killer Croc! Watch the video for more! This can only be done after the Ninja from Ra's Al Ghul encounter when you're running through the sewers. On the map, go toward the "W" on the map. When you get to a part where there is a steel gate, with a gap at the top, throw your batarang at the button to activate this easter egg.
Not a next game hint.

Identity Thief Side Mission.

Major hint for next game.

Mystery Watcher Side Mission.

Azraels' final location will give you a prophecy, that details the next game strongly.

Harley's Revenge.

After you beat the game, head back to Joker's Fun House, beat up the thugs, and then grapple up to Joker's old office. Walk to the back where Harley's nurse outfit from the first game is. Zoom in and look at the ground to the left of the costume identify an object on the ground, new to this location. During the end credits, Harley can be heard singing a song about her intentions.

Finial and main part of the next game.

NJCardFan
10-30-2011, 11:14 PM
Why wouldn't a paraplegic be able to get pregnant? That's just silly to think they couldn't. Harley Quinn being prego is pretty interesting....

now the question becomes, will they make it official cannon by having her become prego in the comics with Joker's baby

I'm not saying Oracle can't get pregnant, I'm just saying she's not the type who shirks her duties to get her freak on. As for making Harley's pregnancy canon, depends on if they're willing to make Joker's death canon.

Apocalypse
10-30-2011, 11:53 PM
As for making Harley's pregnancy canon, depends on if they're willing to make Joker's death canon.Do the easter eggs I laid out, and you will realize that one of the canon your discussing won't happen.

fettpett
10-31-2011, 09:31 AM
I'm not saying Oracle can't get pregnant, I'm just saying she's not the type who shirks her duties to get her freak on. As for making Harley's pregnancy canon, depends on if they're willing to make Joker's death canon.

who's to say she would be shirking her duties?

They wont make Joker's death cannon, but they could make Harley's pregnancy cannon.

NJCardFan
10-31-2011, 12:36 PM
I found most of the easter eggs. The Scarecrow one is creepy. Finished Azreal. Paid my respects. Took out Deadshot. The bitch is getting some of those trophies.

Apocalypse
10-31-2011, 08:45 PM
I found most of the easter eggs. The Scarecrow one is creepy. Finished Azreal. Paid my respects. Took out Deadshot. The bitch is getting some of those trophies.
What trophies are you having trouble with?

And PC version is due out this month.

Check out how frigging cool it is compared to the consul version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_UNRp7Wrog

NJCardFan
10-31-2011, 11:00 PM
What trophies are you having trouble with?

The one's you have to fly, glide off the wall not to mention that I just can't figure out the grapple boost. Tell you what, I've gotten quite adept at the remote baterang.

Apocalypse
10-31-2011, 11:21 PM
The one's you have to fly, glide off the wall not to mention that I just can't figure out the grapple boost. Tell you what, I've gotten quite adept at the remote baterang.Yea the riddlers bouncing is annoying. And they get tough especially the limited time ones.

Grapple boost has a few requirements.

One is distance. You need plenty of space to do it.

Double tap A and hold the second press of A. So it's Tap RB, Tap A, Hold A. Don't forget to let go of RB once it locks on.

fettpett
11-01-2011, 10:32 AM
PC is always better, consoles are only good for streaming movies to my TV :D

NJCardFan
11-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Yea the riddlers bouncing is annoying. And they get tough especially the limited time ones.

Grapple boost has a few requirements.

One is distance. You need plenty of space to do it.

Double tap A and hold the second press of A. So it's Tap RB, Tap A, Hold A. Don't forget to let go of RB once it locks on.

I don't speak XBox. :D What's pissing me off, the tip on how to use grapple boost won't get off of my screen. Reading some MB's, this is a common problem.

Apocalypse
11-01-2011, 02:42 PM
PC is always better, consoles are only good for streaming movies to my TV :D
In many ways. I was surprised the PC version was postponed this long. My PC is decked out to the max all the way around. Can't wait till I can get it running on it. Should be smoking.

fettpett
11-01-2011, 05:21 PM
In many ways. I was surprised the PC version was postponed this long. My PC is decked out to the max all the way around. Can't wait till I can get it running on it. Should be smoking.

yeah, i really need to upgrade my CPU and Mobo went from an Athalon x2 to a Semperon :(

Apocalypse
12-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Any one interested, this site list every Riddler quest.

http://www.gamesradar.com/batman-arkham-city-riddler-guide/?page=1

Apocalypse
12-12-2011, 09:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwUDwhLc2Xc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2Klr9RJUlM)