PDA

View Full Version : This B.S about Jesus being a community organizer

Cseeman
09-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Every liberal is using the same quote but it is so stupid in so many ways:

1) Jesus was not a community organizer: he did not seek to organize a community he set out to explain gods will to the people

2) Even if you think Jesus was a community organizer he would never have used the same tatics that obama used... remind everybody that obama kicked all of his opponents off the ballot.. would jesus have done this..... Obama raised money for Mayor daley...... Jesus would have never raised anything for a dishonest person that practices dirty politics....
Obama has friends like reverend wright and the terroist as friends... all of jesus's friends were peace lovimg people....

Let's stop this stupid comparision

wilbur
09-11-2008, 01:24 PM

1) Jesus was not a community organizer: he did not seek to organize a community he set out to explain gods will to the people

2) Even if you think Jesus was a community organizer he would never have used the same tatics that obama used... remind everybody that obama kicked all of his opponents off the ballot.. would jesus have done this..... Obama raised money for Mayor daley...... Jesus would have never raised anything for a dishonest person that practices dirty politics....
Obama has friends like reverend wright and the terroist as friends... all of jesus's friends were peace lovimg people....

must....

resist....

agh, cant!

The other thing that makes the comparison invalid is that Obama is in fact a real person... and Jesus is most likely a work of fiction.

;)

Rebel Yell
09-11-2008, 01:27 PM
must....

resist....

agh, cant!

The other thing that makes the comparison invalid is that Obama is in fact a real person... and Jesus is most likely a work of fiction.

;)

Saying Obama is a real person is a stretch. I guess you believe in James Bond, too. I've seen a person play James Bond, just like I've seen the guy named Obama play the role of the messiah named Obama.;)

wilbur
09-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Saying Obama is a real person is a stretch.

Good point.

jinxmchue
09-11-2008, 01:39 PM
The other thing that makes the comparison invalid is that Obama is in fact a real person... and Jesus is most likely a work of fiction. ;)

Yeah, because that's what so many educated, PhD-holding scholars say instead of just a bunch of anti-Christian atheists sitting in front of a computer in their parents' basements.

LogansPapa
09-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Yeah, because that's what so many educated, PhD-holding scholars say instead of just a bunch of anti-Christian atheists sitting in front of a computer in their parents' basements.

And, don't forget - at least in my case, driving my dead father's sports car!;)

Lanie
09-11-2008, 04:44 PM

Jesus was a community organizer because he organized his disciples to help spread a new faith. He may not have kicked other politicians off the ballot, but I think he was seeking to kick other Gods off the list because most people were polytheist before him.

The "Community organizer is a bad thing" argument is probably the dumbest argument the Republicans have used yet this year. They should just admit it and get on with life.

With that being said, I do see the point about Obama and Ayers. I see the point about Wright, but I have a hard time understanding how it's any different from some of the people righties have as friends.

It was best for Republicans to stick to POLICY. I wasn't very impressed by their making 95% of the convention about McCain being a POW and ten percent overlap bashing community organizers. I respect McCain and his unique position, but they didn't focus enough on policy at the convention. I think the women did the best job of being the convincers at the convention because they spoke a lot about policy and stuff politicians done as politicians. They made their case that Republicans can bring change too.

BEG
09-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Jesus was a community organizer because he organized his disciples to help spread a new faith. He may not have kicked other politicians off the ballot, but I think he was seeking to kick other Gods off the list because most people were polytheist before him.

The "Community organizer is a bad thing" argument is probably the dumbest argument the Republicans have used yet this year. They should just admit it and get on with life.

With that being said, I do see the point about Obama and Ayers. I see the point about Wright, but I have a hard time understanding how it's any different from some of the people righties have as friends.

It was best for Republicans to stick to POLICY. I wasn't very impressed by their making 95% of the convention about McCain being a POW and ten percent overlap bashing community organizers. I respect McCain and his unique position, but they didn't focus enough on policy at the convention. I think the women did the best job of being the convincers at the convention because they spoke a lot about policy and stuff politicians done as politicians. They made their case that Republicans can bring change too.

You must not have watched McCain's speech. The boring part in the middle of the speech is when he was talking about all the stuff you think he didn't talk about. :p

Constitutionally Speaking
09-11-2008, 05:05 PM
must....

resist....

agh, cant!

;)

Jesus is a historical fact. There are records of him in official documents - and not those of believers.

YOU may not believe he is the Son of God, but he did exist - of that there is absolutely no question.

PoliCon
09-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Tell me wilbur - was Hammurabi a real person?

PoliCon
09-11-2008, 07:50 PM

2) Even if you think Jesus was a community organizer he would never have used the same tatics[sic] that obama used... remind everybody that obama kicked all of his opponents off the ballot.. would jesus have done this..... Obama raised money for Mayor daley...... Jesus would have never raised anything for a dishonest person that practices dirty politics....
Obama has friends like reverend wright and the terroist as friends... all of jesus's friends were peace lovimg[sic] people....

Let's stop this stupid comparision[sic]Just point out the dead obvious - Jesus was not a community organizer. He stayed out of politics. Jesus was a spiritual leader not a temporal one. He did not organize labor - he did not protest rents or developments - what he did was teach people how to get to God. If you want someone who was a community organizer - look at Judas. After all - it was Judas who kvetched about the scented oils being wasted when Mary anointed the feet of Jesus. And what was his reason for complaining? The oil could have been sold and the money given to the poor. AND WHAT DID JESUS SAY TO THAT? "the poor you have with you always."Oh yea. That's a community organizer.

PoliCon
09-11-2008, 07:53 PM

It was best for Republicans to stick to POLICY. I wasn't very impressed by their making 95% of the convention about McCain being a POW and ten percent overlap bashing community organizers. I respect McCain and his unique position, but they didn't focus enough on policy at the convention. I think the women did the best job of being the convincers at the convention because they spoke a lot about policy and stuff politicians done as politicians. They made their case that Republicans can bring change too.Lady - he did not organize people politically. In fact - he was scrupulous in NOT getting involved in politics. Render unto Caesar, the poor you have with you always, the good Samaritan, and all that. Christ stayed out of civic issues. Building the kingdom of God is not community organizing.

Bubba Dawg
09-11-2008, 09:01 PM

Nicely stated, Lanie.

Gingersnap
09-11-2008, 09:24 PM

Nope, they weren't. Christ concentrated on instructing the Jews who had been monotheists from the get-go. It actually took some doing to get the various Gentiles involved in the program. Christ clearly divided his mission as one apart from politics and this was the concept that actually enraged the various political bodies of His time.

He did not seek to attain "a seat at the table" for Jews or His followers, He clearly noted that sin, poverty, and evil were inherent in the human condition - not something fixable by Rome or Judea. He made no effort oppose Rome or Roman rule. He did not try to normalize aberrant behavior although he did try to shift the focus from punishment to atonement and redemption.

Christ fed the thousands through a miracle, not a program. He healed through grace, not a health care system. He was pretty big on personal responsibility, good stewardship, and turning aside from worldly matters.

These are not the credentials of a contemporary community organizer.

wilbur
09-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Just point out the dead obvious - Jesus was not a community organizer. He stayed out of politics. Jesus was a spiritual leader not a temporal one. He did not organize labor - he did not protest rents or developments - what he did was teach people how to get to God. If you want someone who was a community organizer - look at Judas. After all - it was Judas who kvetched about the scented oils being wasted when Mary anointed the feet of Jesus. And what was his reason for complaining? The oil could have been sold and the money given to the poor. AND WHAT DID JESUS SAY TO THAT? "the poor you have with you always."Oh yea. That's a community organizer.

Politics and religion were not really separate entities back then.

OwlMBA
09-11-2008, 11:12 PM
The mere fact that ANYONE would compare Obama to Jesus is just so absurd that it isn't even worth discussing.

PoliCon
09-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Politics and religion were not really separate entities back then. HUH? The political authority was Rome. The Pharisees were constantly trying to push Christ to speak against Rome - to move against Rome - and he ALWAYS refused. Christ was no more a Community organizer than he was a woman.

wilbur
09-12-2008, 12:17 AM
HUH? The political authority was Rome. The Pharisees were constantly trying to push Christ to speak against Rome - to move against Rome - and he ALWAYS refused. Christ was no more a Community organizer than he was a woman.

In Rome, and everywhere else in those days the political structure was the same as the religious structure is all I am saying.... there was no separation or compartmentalization of the two. Religion was politics and politics was religion. So in a way... Jesus was a politician... maybe not a statesman but a politician.

PoliCon
09-12-2008, 12:23 AM
In Rome, and everywhere else in those days the political structure was the same as the religious structure is all I am saying.... there was no separation or compartmentalization of the two. Religion was politics and politics was religion. So in a way... Jesus was a politician... maybe not a statesman but a politician. Sorry - no. Oh I don't dispute that in Rome the state was a form of religion and that Israel was a theocracy - but that does not make Christ a political activist. I know that you lefies want to say that he was - but he wasn't. Judas was the community organizer.

Lanie
09-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Nope, they weren't. Christ concentrated on instructing the Jews who had been monotheists from the get-go. It actually took some doing to get the various Gentiles involved in the program. Christ clearly divided his mission as one apart from politics and this was the concept that actually enraged the various political bodies of His time.

He did not seek to attain "a seat at the table" for Jews or His followers, He clearly noted that sin, poverty, and evil were inherent in the human condition - not something fixable by Rome or Judea. He made no effort oppose Rome or Roman rule. He did not try to normalize aberrant behavior although he did try to shift the focus from punishment to atonement and redemption.

Christ fed the thousands through a miracle, not a program. He healed through grace, not a health care system. He was pretty big on personal responsibility, good stewardship, and turning aside from worldly matters.

These are not the credentials of a contemporary community organizer.

Jesus followed Judaism, which has scripture saying not to ignore the poor.

Constitutionally Speaking
09-12-2008, 05:39 PM

But this is NOT community organizing. That is charity that is being referenced there.

Besides, the type of "community organizing" that Obama did might not be so palatable to main stream America.

PoliCon
09-12-2008, 05:42 PM

2Th 3:10 For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.

Lev 23:22 "And when you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap your field right up to its edge, nor shall you gather the gleanings after your harvest. You shall leave them for the poor and for the sojourner: I am the LORD your God."

Lev 19:10 And you shall not strip your vineyard bare, neither shall you gather the fallen grapes of your vineyard. You shall leave them for the poor and for the sojourner: I am the LORD your God.

Lev 19:15 "You shall do no injustice in court. You shall not be partial to the poor or defer to the great, but in righteousness shall you judge your neighbor.

Notice that scripture requires work on the part of the poor for their provision. Notice too that it's the people who must make provision INDIVIDUALLY. Yes - each individual person is supposed to make some provision for the poor - such as leaving the margins of the fields for the poor to glean. Says nothing what ever about the state doing it or about letting people sit on their asses and live fat off of someone else's work.

MrsSmith
09-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Barabbas was a community organizer and a politician. The Saducees and Pharisees were politicians wearing religious garments.

Jesus was (and is) a religious teacher and a spiritual leader. He founded His church on Peter's statement of belief, not on any community anything.

MrsSmith
09-12-2008, 08:49 PM
must....

resist....

agh, cant!

;)

You're lucky He believes in you...otherwise, you wouldn't be here. :D