PDA

View Full Version : Obama Implodes In Georgia; McCain Leads 56% To 38%

Perilloux
09-11-2008, 01:29 PM
PollPosition Survey:
Obama Implodes In Georgia; McCain Leads 56% To 38% (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x7028535)

(9/11/08)
A new InsiderAdvantage / Poll Position survey of likely registered voters in Georgia indicates a steep decline for the Barack Obama campaign and likely explains why the candidate is moving resources out of Georgia and into other states.

The poll of 506 registered likely voters, weighted for age, race, and gender, was conducted Wednesday evening. It has a margin of error of +/- 4%

Q. If the election were held today, would you vote for:

John McCain: 56%
Barack Obama: 38%
Other: 2%
Undecided: 4%

InsiderAdvantage’s Matt Towery: “This is a huge slide from what had been, in our prior surveys, a relatively close race. The reason is simple—Obama lost serious ground in virtually every demographic.

“At first glance it would seem that Obama is headed for no better than the low 40 percentile level achieved by John Kerry in 2004. But let me warn observers that in both our national tracking and surveys in other states, the biggest change has been a near parity between the two candidates among the youngest of voters. .

For our Georgia CUers

:D

Eyelids
09-11-2008, 01:31 PM
And heres that polarization, fucking Palin made this election map so much more boring.

Rebel Yell
09-11-2008, 01:38 PM
If Obama wins Georgia, McCain scandal not withstanding, I will not be seen at CU again. That being said, see y'all in November.

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=2057&highlight=Obama+Georgia post #6

Never in doubt.

Bongo55
09-11-2008, 02:32 PM
And heres that polarization, fucking Palin made this election map so much more boring.

Yes, I too would be bored if I knew in my hart that my party was going to lose the general election.

Now, we need to also focus on the Congressional races, which shouldn't be hard, you know, with the democrap led congress approval rating in single digits.

Eyelids
09-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Yes, I too would be bored if I knew in my hart that my party was going to lose the general election.

Now, we need to also focus on the Congressional races, which shouldn't be hard, you know, with the democrap led congress approval rating in single digits.

No, its just less states are up for grabs... I still think Obama has a better shot with the electoral college.

LibraryLady
09-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Election 2008: Electoral College Update
Electoral College: Obama 193 McCain 189 (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/election_2008_electoral_college_update)
Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Three new state polls out today move John McCain a bit closer to Barack Obama in the Electoral College. New Mexico moves from “Leans Democratic” to “Toss-Up,” North Dakota moves from “Leans Republican” to “Likely Republican” and Alaska moves from “Likely Republican” to “Safely Republican.” With these changes, the Rasmussen Reports Balance of Power Calculator show Obama leading in states with 193 Electoral College votes and McCain ahead in states with 189 Electoral College votes.

Real Clear politics (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/)

Obama/Biden 217 157 Solid 60 Leaning

McCain/Palin 216 157 Solid 59 Leaning

Toss Up 105

269.9-269.1 (http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/search/label/today%27s%20polls)

Lots of interesting polling data today, but the headline is that our model has now pretty much fully caught up with John McCain's bounce -- attributing him with about a 1 point lead in the national popular vote. As a result, it also now regards him as the slight favorite to win the Electoral College.

Eyelids
09-11-2008, 03:31 PM
OK what states does McCain have to win to get 270?

Obama has been gaining ground in VA, CO, NM, FL (surprisingly) and IN for months... once this bounce wears off what will the map look like?

Hell, Rasmussen shows the two even and the Gallup polls is almost within the margin of error. Change of election dynamics my ass :rolleyes:, were back to where we were 2 weeks ago.

Rebel Yell
09-11-2008, 03:34 PM
OK what states does McCain have to win to get 270?

Obama has been gaining ground in VA, CO, NM, FL (surprisingly) and IN for months... once this bounce wears off what will the map look like?

Hell, Rasmussen shows the two even and the Gallup polls is almost within the margin of error. Change of election dynamics my ass :rolleyes:, were back to where we were 2 weeks ago.

It's all meaningless until (at the very least) the debates. Everything will settle in after that.

Eyelids
09-11-2008, 03:39 PM
It's all meaningless until (at the very least) the debates. Everything will settle in after that.

http://blog.reidreport.com/uploaded_images/mccain-green-753404.jpg

vs.

http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2007/0708/barack_obama_debate_0819.jpg

Lets do the debates!

Rebel Yell
09-11-2008, 03:44 PM
http://blog.reidreport.com/uploaded_images/mccain-green-753404.jpg

vs.

http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2007/0708/barack_obama_debate_0819.jpg

Lets do the debates!

That's what I'm waiting for. McCain will get another bounce after the debates. Voters like someone who just answers the question the way he sees it over someone who stutters and stammers while thinking of what the "right" answer is. Saddleback was a good preview of that.

LibraryLady
09-11-2008, 03:44 PM
VA, CO, NM, FL (surprisingly) and IN

Rasmussen Reports telephone in Virginia shows John McCain with 49% of the vote while Barack Obama earns 47%

The latest Fox News/Rasmussen Reports telephone survey in Colorado shows Obama attracting 49% of the vote while McCain earns 46%

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey in the New Mexico shows McCain attracting 49% of the vote while Obama earns 47%.

he Presidential race in Florida is now tied. The latest Fox News/Rasmussen Reports telephone survey in the Sunshine State finds John McCain and Barack Obama each earning support from 48% of voters

Indiana

The first Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of voters in the state shows McCain attracting 46% of the vote while Obama earns 42%.

Eyelids
09-11-2008, 03:48 PM
That's what I'm waiting for. McCain will get another bounce after the debates. Voters like someone who just answers the question the way he sees it over someone who stutters and stammers while thinking of what the "right" answer is. Saddleback was a good preview of that.

Obama is way out of his element in some stupid religious forum, when the cameras are on and the nation is watching Obama turns it up to a whole new level. He's a rockstar.

Eyelids
09-11-2008, 03:51 PM
VA: 49-47 : Statistical tie. Within the margin of error.
CO: 49-46 : Statistical tie. Within the margin of error.
NM: 49-47 : Statistical tie. Within the margin of error.
FL: Tie : Statistical tie. It's tied.
IN: 46-42 : Down from +9 for McCain in the beginning of June.

Rebel Yell
09-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Obama is way out of his element in some stupid religious forum, when the cameras are on and the nation is watching Obama turns it up to a whole new level. He's a rockstar.

Was it my imagination, or did I see Saddleback on my television. You mean they can do that without cameras now? I've got to get up to date on technology.:rolleyes:

I thought Obama was a religious man?

Eyelids
09-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Was it my imagination, or did I see Saddleback on my television. You mean they can do that without cameras now? I've got to get up to date on technology.:rolleyes:

I thought Obama was a religious man?

I have doubts Obama even believes in God, he's too intelligent.

Saddleback barely counts, it was on a fucking Saturday! There will be a circus at these debates and everyone will be watching. When everyone's watching Obama is second to none.

Rebel Yell
09-11-2008, 04:06 PM

Saddleback barely counts, it was on a fucking Saturday! There will be a circus at these debates and everyone will be watching. When everyone's watching Obama is second to none.

Then you believe Obama's a fuckin liar?

enslaved1
09-11-2008, 04:11 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/righteous_slave/pwn3d/thHBkElbowDrop.gif

That'll leave a mark. Won't shut lids up, but it'll leave a mark.

Eyelids
09-11-2008, 04:11 PM

I believe every politician lies.

enslaved1
09-11-2008, 04:14 PM
I believe every politician lies.

See? Told you so.

Eyelids
09-11-2008, 04:14 PM
See? Told you so.

What? Its a politicians job to get elected and if he has to lie about something as trivial as religion I say go for it.

LibraryLady
09-11-2008, 04:16 PM

Saddle back had over 10 million for the first showing and it was repeated several times.

That was when the worm turned for Zer-0. He nuanced his way into failure.

Eyelids
09-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Saddle back had over 10 million for the first showing and it was repeated several times.

That was when the worm turned for Zer-0. He nuanced his way into failure.

10 million wont even be close to the people who watch the real debates...

LibraryLady
09-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Great, Zer-0 is a terrible performer without his prompter.

Eyelids
09-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Great, Zer-0 is a terrible performer without his prompter.

These debates will be just as, if not more, scripted than a speech.

enslaved1
09-11-2008, 04:21 PM
What? Its a politicians job to get elected and if he has to lie about something as trivial as religion I say go for it.

I just said getting pwned so hard your grandkids are going to be sore wouldn't shut you up. And I was right.

Eyelids
09-11-2008, 04:23 PM
I just said getting pwned so hard your grandkids are going to be sore wouldn't shut you up. And I was right.

What are you fucking talking about?

enslaved1
09-11-2008, 04:28 PM

That'll leave a mark. Won't shut lids up, but it'll leave a mark.

That, Mr. Short attention span.

Eyelids
09-11-2008, 04:29 PM
You really cant be stupid enough to think there's a 100% honest politician out there.

Speedy
09-11-2008, 04:52 PM
These debates will be just as, if not more, scripted than a speech.

Apparently you do not remember his stammering and stuttering in the Democratic debates.

Lager
09-11-2008, 05:18 PM

That simple sentence says more about you than any of the lengthy diatribes or calculated falsehoods you've posted so far. See, even when we're not trying, something of our real selves always seeps out when we communicate to others, even on line.

PoliCon
09-11-2008, 08:06 PM
And heres that polarization, fucking Palin made this election map so much more boring.by which you mean - your guys is losing now.

No, its just less states are up for grabs... I still think Obama has a better shot with the electoral college.we'll see. Don't forget the Bradly effect and how republicans always poll lower than they actually in fact do on election day.

Obama is way out of his element in some stupid religious forum, when the cameras are on and the nation is watching Obama turns it up to a whole new level. He's a rockstar. what you mean to say is - when he's away from a script or someone spoon feeding him through an ear peace he chokes. he doesn't do well when asked real questions that need to be answered on the spot by himself and not by one of his advisor's through an ear peace.

VA: 49-47 : Statistical tie. Within the margin of error.
CO: 49-46 : Statistical tie. Within the margin of error.
NM: 49-47 : Statistical tie. Within the margin of error.
FL: Tie : Statistical tie. It's tied.
IN: 46-42 : Down from +9 for McCain in the beginning of June.Bradly effect and under polling.

I have doubts Obama even believes in God, he's too intelligent.But not smart or strong enough to stand up and tell the truth eh? Just remember - most of the greatest minds in the history of mankind have believed in one god or another.

Saddleback barely counts, it was on a fucking Saturday! There will be a circus at these debates and everyone will be watching. When everyone's watching Obama is second to none.AH so he feeds on your adoration?

What? Its a politicians job to get elected and if he has to lie about something as trivial as religion I say go for it.and real people are disgusted by this attitude.

These debates will be just as, if not more, scripted than a speech.so you admit that the MSM are in bed blowing your boy NObama?

enslaved1
09-12-2008, 09:58 AM
You really cant be stupid enough to think there's a 100% honest politician out there.

No, but I'm not going to defend them for it. And there are certain things, like religion, that if they are willing to out and out lie about, like you are saying Obama is (I think he just fell for false, liberal theology) they need called on it, and run out of town.

That tells us so much of what is wrong with you.

Eyelids
09-14-2008, 03:54 PM
There is no documented proof of the Bradley Effect.

Speedy
09-14-2008, 04:25 PM

Just wait.

LibraryLady
09-14-2008, 04:29 PM

There's no 'documented proof" of a lot of things but believe me, it exists. I watched dems vote in the primary and come out laughing that they just couldn't vote for that obama guy.
We had our first closed primary and they wanted to cross over and couldn't. We were stunned.

Eyelids
09-14-2008, 04:32 PM
There's no 'documented proof" of a lot of things but believe me, it exists. I watched dems vote in the primary and come out laughing that they just couldn't vote for that obama guy.
We had our first closed primary and they wanted to cross over and couldn't. We were stunned.

Awww we have our own bouncy right here in this thread!

LibraryLady
09-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Nah, I posted about it back when it happened. Some got there, found out they were registered dem and had to vote in a closed primary and refused to vote outright.

Eyelids
09-14-2008, 04:36 PM
Nah, I posted about it back when it happened. Some got there, found out they were registered dem and had to vote in a closed primary and refused to vote outright.

You would have to leave the house in order for something like this to happen, so I call bullshit.

lacarnut
09-14-2008, 04:50 PM
You would have to leave the house in order for something like this to happen, so I call bullshit.

Since you do not live here, it is you who does not have a clue. Southerner's will not vote for an elitist Yankee liberal. Obama will get his ass stomped in this neck of the woods. It happened with Gore and Kerry, and the dumb ass Democrats keep making the same mistake by running a flaming liberal.

LibraryLady
09-14-2008, 04:50 PM
No, I am a certified election commissioner in the state of Louisiana as is my daughter and my mother. They hire handicapped workers as long as we are able to tolerate the long days.

PoliCon
09-14-2008, 04:54 PM
There is no documented proof of the Bradley Effect.His election bid is not documented proof? I think it was pretty well documented.

Eyelids
09-14-2008, 05:58 PM
Since you do not live here, it is you who does not have a clue. Southerner's will not vote for an elitist Yankee liberal. Obama will get his ass stomped in this neck of the woods. It happened with Gore and Kerry, and the dumb ass Democrats keep making the same mistake by running a flaming liberal.

Obama's strategy does not revolve around winning many states in the Southeast. He's going for states like CO, VA and OH.

Speedy
09-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Obama's strategy does not revolve around winning many states in the Southeast. He's going for states like CO, VA and OH.

Like Gore and Kerry? That worked out really well.

hampshirebrit
09-14-2008, 06:09 PM

I don't believe in god either, but I still think it's going to be Madam Vice President come January 21.

LibraryLady
09-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Election 2008: Ohio Presidential Election
Ohio: McCain Continues Upward Swing in Key State
Monday, September 08, 2008

The latest Fox News/Rasmussen Reports telephone survey in Ohio, finds John McCain out in front of Barack Obama 51% to 44% (crosstabs available for Premium Members).

Election 2008: Virginia Presidential Election
Virginia: McCain 49% Obama 47%

The latest Fox News/Rasmussen Reports telephone in the state shows John McCain with 49% of the vote while Barack Obama earns 47%

Election 2008: Colorado Presidential Election
Colorado: Still Close After Hosting the Democratic National Convention

The latest Fox News/Rasmussen Reports telephone survey in Colorado shows Obama attracting 49% of the vote while McCain earns 46%

Yes, I know all about margin of error.

Did you know that Colorado has an affirmative action amendment on the ballot that is expected to bring out a huge conservative vote?