PDA

View Full Version : Cain team denies report of sexual harassment

Rockntractor
10-31-2011, 09:52 AM
Of course, to be expected.
The libs will do anything to discredit a conservative candidate, watch the Rino's jump in to help.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CAIN_HARASSMENT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-10-30-20-54-16

Novaheart
10-31-2011, 11:10 AM
Of course, to be expected.
The libs will do anything to discredit a conservative candidate, watch the Rino's jump in to help.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CAIN_HARASSMENT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-10-30-20-54-16

But do you believe it or consider it more likely true than not? Fifty cents says you do.

djones520
10-31-2011, 11:18 AM
From what I've read my take is this.

Two women got together some years ago and decided to claim their boss sexually harrassed them. The company gave them some money and told them to go away. Settling is sometimes easier then fighting it out in court. The women signed agreements they would not speak of this matter again.

Fast forward 20 years, Cain is a rising political star, and these two women realize they can get in on the pay again, and go to the media.

I believe Cain when he says he didn't do this.

Odysseus
10-31-2011, 11:28 AM
The Politico article is extremely vague. It cites claims of "inappropriate comments" and "advances" but doesn't quote the allegations. Also, the positive quotes about Cain's tenure at the organization are buried at the end of the article. It may turn out to be more, but I strongly suspect that if there were more, then the article would have gone into detail about the allegations, rather than simply running nebulous innuendos.

txradioguy
10-31-2011, 11:38 AM
The Politico article is extremely vague. It cites claims of "inappropriate comments" and "advances" but doesn't quote the allegations. Also, the positive quotes about Cain's tenure at the organization are buried at the end of the article. It may turn out to be more, but I strongly suspect that if there were more, then the article would have gone into detail about the allegations, rather than simply running nebulous innuendos.

WILLIE GEIST: Hey Jonathan, what are the allegations specifically as you understand them? There's obviously a wide range in sexual harassment. What did he do?

JONATHAN MARTIN: We-, we-, well we have to be careful about that obviously, because we're sensitive to --

GEIST: Of course --

MARTIN: -- the sourcing involved here. And also, what actually happened to these women as well--we want to be sensitive to that, too. It includes both verbal and physical gestures. These women felt uncomfortable, they were unhappy about their treatment, and they complained to both colleagues and senior officials. In one case it involved, I think, inviting a woman up to a hotel room of Cain's on the road. Um, but, we-, we-, we're just not going to get into the details of exactly what happened with these women beside what's in the story.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2011/10/31/politicos-martin-dodges-question-cain-details#ixzz1cNGLGAt3

Dodgy only begins to describe this...IMHO Justice Thomas knows exactly how Mr. Cain feels right about now.

marv
10-31-2011, 11:39 AM
Any body remember Clarence Thomas' SCOTUS confirmation hearings?

As an aside, I was charged with "sexual harassment" once. I was talking with a software vendor when my desk phone rang. I asked an assistant, a female, to picked it up and see who it was. She filed a sex harassment claim against me for treating her like a "secretary". DUH!

noonwitch
10-31-2011, 11:52 AM
My definition of sexual harrassment is pretty specific:

1. Did it involve touching your body? That's an automatic.
2. Was your job on the line if you refused to go along with dirty language or speech, or proposed activities?
3. Were sexual comments used to humiliate you in a professional setting?

In other words, if a male boss tells me "You look nice today", it is not sexual harrassment. If he tells me I look "hot", it's pushing the limits (unless he's gay, or someone I know really well). If he tells me "You look hot, meet me at the Motel 6 after work if you want to keep your job", it's time for me to call a lawyer.

Novaheart
10-31-2011, 11:58 AM

Two women got together some years ago and decided to claim their boss sexually harrassed them. The company gave them some money and told them to go away. Settling is sometimes easier then fighting it out in court. The women signed agreements they would not speak of this matter again.

Fast forward 20 years, Cain is a rising political star, and these two women realize they can get in on the pay again, and go to the media.

Did you believe Michael Jackson?

Rockntractor
10-31-2011, 12:05 PM

Dittos!

Novaheart
10-31-2011, 12:06 PM

2. Was your job on the line if you refused to go along with dirty language or speech, or proposed activities?

In other words, if a male boss tells me "You look nice today", it is not sexual harrassment. If he tells me I look "hot", it's pushing the limits (unless he's gay, or someone I know really well). If he tells me "You look hot, meet me at the Motel 6 after work if you want to keep your job", it's time for me to call a lawyer.

That is not the corporate definition of sexual harassment these days. Once my boss warned me that I could be accused of sexual harassment by a female co-worker. Astounded, I said, "She knows I am gay and so do you." The boss said it didn't matter. What duh fuh? I thought sexual harassment was a term with a meaning, it isn't.

Years ago, a columnist for the St Pete Times wrote an article about what was then a storm of sexual harassment allegations. He said that the current rules and laws amount to driving down a residential street where each homeowner gets to decide the speed limit in front of his house.

Rockntractor
10-31-2011, 12:09 PM

He is dead, I don't believe a word he can't say.

Rockntractor
10-31-2011, 12:10 PM
That is not the corporate definition of sexual harassment these days. Once my boss warned me that I could be accused of sexual harassment by a female co-worker. Astounded, I said, "She knows I am gay and so do you." The boss said it didn't matter. What duh fuh? I thought sexual harassment was a term with a meaning, it isn't.

Years ago, a columnist for the St Pete Times wrote an article about what was then a storm of sexual harassment allegations. He said that the current rules and laws amount to driving down a residential street where each homeowner gets to decide the speed limit in front of his house.

This was 21 years ago, not "these days".

Novaheart
10-31-2011, 12:17 PM
This was 21 years ago, not "these days".

My references were to 15 years ago. It's been the same for a while now. The problem, if I may be forgiven, is that the habitually offended are driving the bus in the employment work. That might explain why at Megabank, of the 1500 or so employees in Tampa Center, men were in the minority, white men were in the severe minority. Around here, most white men would rather shovel shit than put up with corporate shit.

djones520
10-31-2011, 12:23 PM

Your compairing someone who was so fucked in the head that they underwent drastic cosmetic surgery to change their skin color, to Herman Cain?

Dude... just slow down a minute.

Hermain Cain did not admit to giving those women some "Jesus Juice". He was not fucked in the head. He did not have them spend the night alone in his house. Hell, the accusers won't even give details.

Your attempt at comparison is beyond lame man.

Molon Labe
10-31-2011, 12:28 PM
This sexaul harrassment story will be the least of his worries....... There is now a story breaking about possibly giving campaign funding to a for profit organization he's involved in. If this has legs, it will be major damage control for him

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2011/10/cain_morning_from_hell_update_ii.php

djones520
10-31-2011, 12:29 PM
This sexaul harrassment story will be the least of his worries....... There is now a story breaking about possibly giving campaign funding to a for profit organization he's involved in. If this has legs, it will be major damage control for him

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2011/10/cain_morning_from_hell_update_ii.php

Huh?

The story says a not-for-profit was giving funds for his campaign. Thats like the exact opposite of what you said.

noonwitch
10-31-2011, 12:33 PM

I didn't believe his accusers. The first one has come out since Michael's death and stated that his parents put him up to saying that Jackson molested him. That was the case in which he settled with the parents for millions. He was aquitted on the other case.

I think everything about Michael Jackson's life and death is sad beyond belief. If ever there is an example of how money can't buy you love, his life is it.

Novaheart
10-31-2011, 12:35 PM
Your attempt at comparison is beyond lame man.

My post questioned two points of your post, ie that people with money sometimes settle rather than fight to save money or hassle and you followed up that you believe Herman Cain. It's not lame to connect the same dots you did and then ask if you applied those dots to another case of alleged sexual harassment.

I would add that Michael Jackson was acquitted, so that would give you even more reason to believe him, but you want to believe Cain exactly why? Because you think he's an honorable man or because he's successful? Any other day, wouldn't people be lining up to speculate on what role affirmative action played in his success? Why is he getting a pass on so much?

Novaheart
10-31-2011, 12:37 PM

Wait, the sexual harassment allegation will be turned around and those who dug it up with be accused of racism for trying to tar the black man with a sexual offense. Cain himself doesn't seem to want to have his signature on that one, as Obama avoided in his campaign as well. It has to come from the organized fringe so it won't be "the race card".

Articulate_Ape
10-31-2011, 01:06 PM
This is right out of the Liberal's playbook. If they can't use the race card, they use the sex card. They have no choice because they are morally and intellectually bankrupt.

Molon Labe
10-31-2011, 01:41 PM
Huh?

The story says a not-for-profit was giving funds for his campaign. Thats like the exact opposite of what you said.

Right...left out the not accidentally..sorry.

marv
10-31-2011, 02:00 PM

That's the essence of it all. This is the age when somebody can sue his neighbor for damages for letting leaves drop in his yard. It's "...we're a nation of laws..." run amuk!

Laws yes, but there needs to be a limit as to what and how to apply them.........but someone left common sense at the door.

CueSi
10-31-2011, 02:22 PM
My references were to 15 years ago. It's been the same for a while now. The problem, if I may be forgiven, is that the habitually offended are driving the bus in the employment work. That might explain why at Megabank, of the 1500 or so employees in Tampa Center, men were in the minority, white men were in the severe minority. Around here, most white men would rather shovel shit than put up with corporate shit.

I knew a guy... cool guy, good guy. His supervisor (female) asked him out, and he turned it down. She accused him of sexual harassment. I urged him to come out of the closet as bisexual to up the ante, calling her a bi basher.

He didn't.

He was fired and moved back to Jersey.

~QC

txradioguy
10-31-2011, 02:26 PM

:rolleyes:

You gotta stop making your straw man so obvious.

Starbuck
10-31-2011, 02:27 PM
He was fired and moved back to Jersey.....~QC

Dang, short of going out with Helen Thomas, I probably would have taken her to lunch........don't know about Denny's the next morning, but lunch, for sure...:D

CueSi
10-31-2011, 02:56 PM
Dang, short of going out with Helen Thomas, I probably would have taken her to lunch........don't know about Denny's the next morning, but lunch, for sure...:D

He had a girlfriend, so...yeah... and even SHE was telling him to come out to save his job. I understand why he wouldn't, but for me, any opportunity to turn PC bullshit back on itself is ALWAYS lulz. :)

~QC

DumbAss Tanker
10-31-2011, 02:58 PM

As a labor attorney in the past, #3 is extremely rare, though it does happen. Most commonly the complaints come up because a supervisor tells jokes to which the employee takes exception, uses coarser language than the complainant likes, is a 'Touchy' person, or it's a stalking horse for other issues like they just aren't getting along or the employee is not doing that well and launches a pre-emptive strike.

90% of the time the employee sees it one way and the manager the other, and neither one is objectively right or wrong. Sometimes (About as rarely as 'Come up to my room or lose your job') it's even a scam, especially if the employee is buds with the complaint manager in HR who will settle it quickly (Or HR is chicken, or the complaints manager has issues where he or she will believe any allegation of a certain type due to their own baggage).

It's entirely possible Herman Cain really doesn't have any idea the employer settled or for how much, an employer isn't obligated to get the manager to sign off on a settlement, or even tell him about the complaint at all, if they just want to settle it for as little and as quickly as possible.

Odysseus
10-31-2011, 03:59 PM
We had an African-American female officer at one unit that I belonged to who thoroughly abused the EO and IG systems. She was incompetent and highly unpleasant to co-workers of all grades, and she did next to nothing on the job, but she understood the system. If the person asking her to do her job was white, they were racist. If male, sexist. If neither, then there was some other form of animus that she would determine was in play. At one point, she had complaints going against just about everybody in the headquarters except for the CG and his aide.

The worst part about her was that every charge had to be run down, no matter how much time it took, which meant that the IG and EO officers spent more time on her bogus drivel than they did on legitimate cases, which backlogged the system and delayed the resolution of real complaints.

So, the question is, are these charges real or fake? The MSM doesn't exactly have a stellar track record when it comes to fair and honest discussions of the pasts of Republican candidates for office, or bothering to check out the pasts of Democratic candidates.

Novaheart
10-31-2011, 04:55 PM
He had a girlfriend, so...yeah... and even SHE was telling him to come out to save his job. I understand why he wouldn't, but for me, any opportunity to turn PC bullshit back on itself is ALWAYS lulz. :)

~QC

I had someone at Megabank try to PC-slap me for saying "... all this goddamned paperwork".

"Nova, you shouldn't say that, someone might be offended."

My response was, "Really? I'm offended at your disrespect for my culture in which "god damned" is a meaningless exclamatory... and so is "fuck off"."

Same woman who claimed she was a vegetarian but shrimp were honorary vegetables, and when I made a vegetarian pasta for cover dish, specifically for her, she asked if it was Vegan. That time I simply said, "Don't know, don't care, don't eat if you don't want to."

Oh, and the time a woman was having dangerous surgery for back pain, and I suggested that she might try losing 50 pounds first to see how she feels, and in the worst case to make her recovery easier. Apparently she got her tits in a wringer over that one.

Seriously, if you can't take the heat, get out of Hiroshima.

Wei Wu Wei
10-31-2011, 06:09 PM
i hope this isn't even a blip on the radar. I do not want anything to derail Cain's GOP candidacy.

Rockntractor
10-31-2011, 06:56 PM
i hope this isn't even a blip on the radar. I do not want anything to derail Cain's GOP candidacy.

Good for you Weible!:toast:

Odysseus
10-31-2011, 09:53 PM

Nor do we want anything to derail his presidency.

Wei Wu Wei
10-31-2011, 11:17 PM
hahaha I just might vote for Cain in the GOP primary. it's an open system here.

NJCardFan
10-31-2011, 11:22 PM
Here's another example of liberal hypocrisy. Cain was on Fox News this morning and he categorically denied the accusations and said the settlement was from the Restaurant Association but he denies the charges. That said, the MSM is going to run with this like Walter Payton carrying a football drying to drag him down. However, during Bill Clinton's campaign, the Jennifer Flowers and Paula Jones accusations were already common knowledge but they held him up as some kind of savior.

Apocalypse
10-31-2011, 11:28 PM
Worst part about this is, we don't know who really leaked it.

Its all too easy to blame obumble, after all Cain is a serious threat at this time, and could beat him.

But this could be coming from the right. Romney and Perry are trailing Cain. And this could damage Cain enough to help ether of them.

This is a non issue. Two "Nameless" individuals who is making claims without proof, or fulling hearing the whole story. And with now two months till the first Caucus in Iowa. Its Oct. surprise time.

NJCardFan
11-01-2011, 08:51 AM
Worst part about this is, we don't know who really leaked it.

Its all too easy to blame obumble, after all Cain is a serious threat at this time, and could beat him.

But this could be coming from the right. Romney and Perry are trailing Cain. And this could damage Cain enough to help ether of them.

This is a non issue. Two "Nameless" individuals who is making claims without proof, or fulling hearing the whole story. And with now two months till the first Caucus in Iowa. Its Oct. surprise time.

This allegedly happened in the 90's. Most people are smart enough to chalk this up to ancient history.

Bailey
11-01-2011, 09:41 AM
I knew a guy... cool guy, good guy. His supervisor (female) asked him out, and he turned it down. She accused him of sexual harassment. I urged him to come out of the closet as bisexual to up the ante, calling her a bi basher.

He didn't.

He was fired and moved back to Jersey.

~QC

Your friend was none to bright on many levels, I'd sleep with most women (if they were clean and disease free) to get a promotion or to save my job at the very least, but if she was good looking then thats a bonus. :D

Odysseus
11-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Your friend was none to bright on many levels, I'd sleep with most women (if they were clean and disease free) to get a promotion or to save my job at the very least, but if she was good looking then thats a bonus. :D

My wife would probably object to my doing that. He apparently had a girlfriend and took the relationship seriously enough that he didn't want to sleep with someone else, even to protect his job. Besides, he might have been working for Helen Thomas.

Bailey
11-01-2011, 12:10 PM
My wife would probably object to my doing that. He apparently had a girlfriend and took the relationship seriously enough that he didn't want to sleep with someone else, even to protect his job. Besides, he might have been working for Helen Thomas.

Well the odds are good you wont have a helen thomas to work with, besides she doesnt like jews so you're safe. :D

But Im not jewish so that could be a problem :(

Starbuck
11-01-2011, 12:35 PM

I remember saying that about Clinton.

I remember when the left said that about Reagan.

I remember when Bush was toast.

I remember when my son in law (A Democrat) and I agreed that Obama was unelectable.

You don't know nuthin.........:p

Odysseus
11-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Well the odds are good you wont have a helen thomas to work with, besides she doesnt like jews so you're safe. :D

But Im not jewish so that could be a problem :(

It's okay. Just tell her that your seeing eye dog objects to your sleeping with her on aesthetic grounds. :D

CueSi
11-01-2011, 02:00 PM

As Ody noted, my friend did have a girlfriend, plus. . .he just wasn't going to give into her. Why should he? A woman shouldn't put up with it, why should he?

He wasn't. She WAS a pretty girl, no doubt. But for him, it was being in a relationship he was pleased with and just the principle of the thing. I told him no woman or gay man would put up with that ish and if they needed a PC card to feel good about putting that bitch through the wringer, he should come out. He had the trump card in a high - stakes PC poker game and he refused to play it. THAT'S what boggles my mind still.

~QC