PDA

View Full Version : PICKET: Cain campaign has biggest online fundraising day

djones520
11-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Two sources within the Cain campaign are telling me that although Mr. Cain was hit with sexual harassment accusations in the 90's from two females who worked for him, when he was president of the National Restaurant Association, Monday's online campaign fundraising for the campaign was the best ever up to this point.

Human Events is reporting that Cain Campaign Manager Mark Block says the campaign raised $250,000 in online donatinos in one day. However, one Cain campaign source confirmed to me that the fundraising for Monday is well over $300,000.

The Cain campaign sent a quote to the Water Cooler blog regarding Monday's online money haul saying, "The campaign views the increased donations as an outcry of support for Herman and that the base is rallying around him."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2011/nov/1/picket-cain-campaign-has-biggest-online-fundraisin/

Can we say... backfire? :D

Starbuck
11-01-2011, 07:00 PM
I've been kind of waiting for the Cain campaign to catch fire, and one of the signs would be huge increases in donations.

I guess 300K in one day is huge, but it takes about 300 million to run for President, or at least that used to be the standard. Might take a lot more, now, especially since Obama predicts a billion in donations.

djones520
11-01-2011, 07:05 PM
I've been kind of waiting for the Cain campaign to catch fire, and one of the signs would be huge increases in donations.

I guess 300K in one day is huge, but it takes about 300 million to run for President, or at least that used to be the standard. Might take a lot more, now, especially since Obama predicts a billion in donations.

Well, when the primaries are done, we can expect the full power of gop fundraising to get behind him.

Until then, I say look at it this way. He's a #1 contender right now, and he's got a fraction of what Romney and Perry have. I don't think money is really going to be that big an issue for him.

Starbuck
11-02-2011, 12:14 AM
If he takes Iowa (Jan 3rd...I think) then the press will advertise for him for a few days. Romney will then take New Hampshire (Jan 10) and get the buzz, but then comes South Carolina (Jan 21). Now, South Carolina will be interesting!

Either way, the press will advertise for him, especially at first. After that, he needs to push hard and spend lots of money.

By the time we (Mississippi) come along on March 13, it may be over...

Starbuck
11-02-2011, 07:26 AM
Checked the polls this morning, 11/2:

Cain now up by 4.6% in Iowa.

Behind by 22% in New Hampshire.

Up by 5.7% in South Carolina.

fettpett
11-02-2011, 09:06 AM
Checked the polls this morning, 11/2:

Cain now up by 4.6% in Iowa.

Behind by 22% in New Hampshire.

Up by 5.7% in South Carolina.

I'm not surprised by NH...bunch of RINO's there for the most part. Cain wins or comes in 2nd in 3-4 of the first 5-6, he'll have enough steam to stick it out to the end.

Odysseus
11-02-2011, 09:37 AM
I'm not surprised by NH...bunch of RINO's there for the most part. Cain wins or comes in 2nd in 3-4 of the first 5-6, he'll have enough steam to stick it out to the end.

New Hampshire also borders Massachussetts and Romey is all but a favorite son there. The question is whether Romney can win any primaries outside of New England and whether he can carry any states at all in a general election.

mike128
11-02-2011, 10:22 AM
New Hampshire Republicans suck. They may as well just be Massachusetts Republicans.

Arroyo_Doble
11-02-2011, 11:10 AM

I haven't looked into the Republican primary rules for the Several States but I believe there are reports that claim Republicans have changed them significantly and the weighted system of 2008, with winner-take-all favoring the north and proportional in south, has gone to a more uniform proportional system.

If that is the case, like we saw with the Democratic Primary in 2008, the race to the RNC may go deep into the Spring of next year.

Zathras
11-02-2011, 11:50 AM
New Hampshire Republicans suck. They may as well just be Massachusetts Republicans.

They're better than you, a lying liberal claiming to be a conservative.

fettpett
11-02-2011, 01:48 PM
I haven't looked into the Republican primary rules for the Several States but I believe there are reports that claim Republicans have changed them significantly and the weighted system of 2008, with winner-take-all favoring the north and proportional in south, has gone to a more uniform proportional system.

If that is the case, like we saw with the Democratic Primary in 2008, the race to the RNC may go deep into the Spring of next year.

I was talking more about momentum than numbers

Arroyo_Doble
11-02-2011, 02:14 PM
I was talking more about momentum than numbers

I looked into it and found that there is a split on April 1st so I was only half right (which is all wrong).