PDA

View Full Version : I would be in jail....

Zafod
11-09-2011, 01:54 PM
after what I would do to this woman....

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81989655/

Starbuck
11-09-2011, 02:51 PM
The gal would have talked to a closed door in my case.

As a matter of fact, I also have trouble with diesel pick up owners who let their trucks idle, but I've never said anything. Seems like everyone who owns a diesel truck believes it is better to let them idle than turn them off. It isn't.

But that's not the issue. The issue is, how far would this person have gotten with you......

I can think of two instances where I was approached by an irate person while in my truck. One got the door slammed and locked in his face once he got nasty, the other one was shown the palm of my hand indicating it would be another couple of minutes until I moved (I was building up air pressure and trucks won't move without air pressure).

NJCardFan
11-09-2011, 04:51 PM
The irony of the whole thing is that even though the woman knew a young child was privy to the conversation, she kept on and on with the goddamn's, shit, and I thought I heard an F bomb in there then she had the nerve to call that guy ignorant. Now, if she had come over and asked nicely if they could cut the truck off, it'd be a different story because in principle, I agree with her. But there is such thing as tact.

Odysseus
11-09-2011, 05:57 PM
The irony of the whole thing is that even though the woman knew a young child was privy to the conversation, she kept on and on with the goddamn's, shit, and I thought I heard an F bomb in there then she had the nerve to call that guy ignorant. Now, if she had come over and asked nicely if they could cut the truck off, it'd be a different story because in principle, I agree with her. But there is such thing as tact.

I don't agree with her at all. If she didn't like the fumes, she could move. If she was having trouble breathing, then maybe she could drop 10 or 90 lbs. Regardless, she is everything that she accused the driver of being: thoughtless, ignorant, rude and only concerned about herself.

Lanie
11-09-2011, 08:04 PM
If somebody came up to me and my kid screaming like that, I might be tempted to plunge her face into the truck.

However, one has to think about the kids. I'd get back into the car and she better stand away because I wouldn't care much about her toes.

Elspeth
11-09-2011, 08:08 PM
after what I would do to this woman....

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81989655/

She did not handle this well, but diesel fuel has carcinogens:

http://articles.sfgate.com/2008-03-20/bay-area/17169505_1_cancer-cases-west-oakland-premature-deaths

I am allergic to the stuff and a city project used a diesel generator near my house. Because of the winds, the crap blew all over my yard and into my windows, which I had to shut, and into my bathroom fan ducts. I ended up calling the city because this generator ran all day and night and I got no relief.

Zafod
11-09-2011, 08:28 PM

http://articles.sfgate.com/2008-03-20/bay-area/17169505_1_cancer-cases-west-oakland-premature-deaths

I am allergic to the stuff and a city project used a diesel generator near my house. Because of the winds, the crap blew all over my yard and into my windows, which I had to shut, and into my bathroom fan ducts. I ended up calling the city because this generator ran all day and night and I got no relief.

a generator is not the same as some fat pathetic hippo bitch getting all uppity because she has no life.

Elspeth
11-09-2011, 08:36 PM
a generator is not the same as some fat pathetic hippo bitch getting all uppity because she has no life.

Cancer is cancer, whether it comes from a gas tank or generator. But I wouldn't want to run into that woman in the video. Not without pepper spray.

Zafod
11-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Cancer is cancer, whether it comes from a gas tank or generator. But I wouldn't want to run into that woman in the video. Not without pepper spray.

lol what the fuck ever.

that woman wouldnt want to run into me. Even if she had pepper spray.....

Elspeth
11-09-2011, 09:00 PM
lol what the fuck ever.

that woman wouldnt want to run into me. Even if she had pepper spray.....

I'm not defending her behavior. As I said, I wouldn't want to run into her unless I had pepper spray.

Apache
11-09-2011, 09:44 PM
I'm not defending her behavior. As I said, I wouldn't want to run into her unless I had pepper spray.

I would! In n fact, I have...

Ya know, it's amazing what two growling camels and a hungry goat will let you get away with :an:

Kay
11-09-2011, 10:00 PM
When she started that "don't even touch me....don't even touch me...."
I'd have had to put a finger on her.

And when she started "you better step away...you better step back..."
I'd have had to take a step forward.

And I probably would have had to load up the family and let her think
I was driving away...only to move over into the parking space right
beside her pirus....then just sit with the engine running.

And when she said "what do you do for a living"
I'd have said none of your damn bidness, but I bet it pays more than
what you do, since I can afford a big nice truck and you drive a pirus.

What a toad.

Odysseus
11-09-2011, 10:45 PM

The exposure from a few minutes next to a truck was minimal, and she always had the option of moving.

When she started that "don't even touch me....don't even touch me...."
I'd have had to put a finger on her.

And when she started "you better step away...you better step back..."
I'd have had to take a step forward.

And I probably would have had to load up the family and let her think
I was driving away...only to move over into the parking space right
beside her pirus....then just sit with the engine running.

And when she said "what do you do for a living"
I'd have said none of your damn bidness, but I bet it pays more than
what you do, since I can afford a big nice truck and you drive a pirus.

What a toad.
I generally try to be polite, especially when I'm in uniform, but I suspect that this idiot would have gone off even more against an agent of the dreaded military industrial complex. She just had that stink of leftist self-righteousness (or perhaps it was the obesity necrosis, it's hard to tell sometimes) that permeates the left. I'd have probably told her that if her health was a matter of concern for her, then she should seriously consider dieting and exercising, rather than being a shrill scold. Simply walking around the block and away from the exhaust burns more calories than being obnoxious. At that point, the sputtering incoherent rage would have been it's own reward.

Starbuck
11-09-2011, 11:03 PM
How stupid of her. And cowardly.

She comes running over cursing, insulting, and spouting this and that, and then says, "don't touch me".
She's an idiot.

Kay
11-09-2011, 11:08 PM
How stupid of her. And cowardly.

She comes running over cursing, insulting, and spouting this and that, and then says, "don't touch me".
She's an idiot.

As is the lib way. Just like the OWS protesters, code pink, etc.
They like to get right in people's faces with the insults, and then
claim assault or police brutality when anyone pushes back.

Odysseus
11-10-2011, 12:45 AM
As is the lib way. Just like the OWS protesters, code pink, etc.
They like to get right in people's faces with the insults, and then
claim assault or police brutality when anyone pushes back.

It's all just street theater to her. She got more exposure to the fumes by walking over to the truck and yelling (and breathing) than she would have by going in the other direction. This wasn't about her health or well-being, it was about her making a scene and "speaking truth to power", or at least speaking obscenities to a guy with a truck.

Zafod
11-10-2011, 10:23 AM
I wonder if she bitches out the truck drivers who deliver her ice cream and twinkies.......

Zafod
11-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Besides the fact that her prius has caused more damage by the mining of the rare earth metals just to make the fucking batteries!!!!!

fettpett
11-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Besides the fact that her prius has caused more damage by the mining of the rare earth metals just to make the fucking batteries!!!!!

QFT, mining Lithium is one of the most dangerous and damaging mining operations out there. Li is extremely volatile with water (as are all alkaline metals) and can cause fires just being exposed to air. yet these self-righteous assholes have no idea what they are dealing with when they buy this shit.

on top of that, if her Prious' battery fries her car has to be totaled.

Zafod
11-10-2011, 11:49 AM
on top of that, if her Prious' battery fries her car has to be totaled.

no thats not true bud. I do total loss and salvage for a living (claims adjuster)
the battery pack for a prius is about 7k
unless the vehicle has over 80k miles it would still be fixable.

Articulate_Ape
11-10-2011, 12:57 PM
They should have told her that her Prius not only has components that were built with slave labor, but produced more carbon in transport of those components and the vehicle itself to the dealer where she bought it than that diesel truck will produce in 10 years of operation. Then they should have run over her Prius.

Molon Labe
11-10-2011, 01:22 PM
I wonder if she bitches out the truck drivers who deliver her ice cream and twinkies.......

hehe...

AmPat
11-10-2011, 01:48 PM
I had an idiot in a black Prius yesterday that cut me off. He got mad apparently because I wasn't passing the truck in the right lane fast enough to suit him. I saw him tail gating and put my turn signal on and began to move into the right lane. Next thing I know, he is right beside me and I nearly meshed paint with him. I snatched the truck back to the left. He gunned his POC and jerked it right in front of me. If there was two inches between his POC and my truck, I'm being generous.

I did the adult thing and returned the maneuver, only I added a brake test when I got in front (very mature of me):o. He immediately challenged me to a bout of fisticuffs and I accepted. He pulled into the local Walgreens where I got out to adjust his jaw. He started yelling that he had his son in the car. I told him he should have thought about that before he started driving like a dick with ears. He changed the rules from fisticuffs to calling me names and threatened to phone the police. I said he was a typical Chicken S*** liberal and I'd wait for the police with him or we could walk into the woods if he felt like puffing his chest out again. Not my typical day but I refuse to allow drivers to endanger me on the road without confronting them.

Liberals think they can act like idiots and get away with it. Yeah, I'm ashamed, but I really wanted to crush his face for him.:mad:

Odysseus
11-10-2011, 02:05 PM
I had an idiot in a black Prius yesterday that cut me off. He got mad apparently because I wasn't passing the truck in the right lane fast enough to suit him. I saw him tail gating and put my turn signal on and began to move into the right lane. Next thing I know, he is right beside me and I nearly meshed paint with him. I snatched the truck back to the left. He gunned his POC and jerked it right in front of me. If there was two inches between his POC and my truck, I'm being generous.

I did the adult thing and returned the maneuver, only I added a brake test when I got in front (very mature of me):o. He immediately challenged me to a bout of fisticuffs and I accepted. He pulled into the local Walgreens where I got out to adjust his jaw. He started yelling that he had his son in the car. I told him he should have thought about that before he started driving like a dick with ears. He changed the rules from fisticuffs to calling me names and threatened to phone the police. I said he was a typical Chicken S*** liberal and I'd wait for the police with him or we could walk into the woods if he felt like puffing his chest out again. Not my typical day but I refuse to allow drivers to endanger me on the road without confronting them.

Liberals think they can act like idiots and get away with it. Yeah, I'm ashamed, but I really wanted to crush his face for him.:mad:

Does the story have a happy ending, or did he walk away intact?

If it was a bouncy, you'd have converted him to diesel. :D

Starbuck
11-10-2011, 02:44 PM
no thats not true bud. I do total loss and salvage for a living (claims adjuster)
the battery pack for a prius is about 7k
unless the vehicle has over 80k miles it would still be fixable.

And - correct me if I'm wrong - I saw a Toyota site a couple of years ago that said they had never replaced a worn out battery. The only ones ever replaced were damaged in accidents.

Seems to be a pretty good car. I don't want one, though.

Zafod
11-10-2011, 03:43 PM
And - correct me if I'm wrong - I saw a Toyota site a couple of years ago that said they had never replaced a worn out battery. The only ones ever replaced were damaged in accidents.

Seems to be a pretty good car. I don't want one, though.

The battery cell pack is good for about 7-8 years tops. A prius is used up at 100k miles or so
For 24,000.00 I better get 15 years out of that bad boy or at least 250k miles before it shits.

They are not that great on gas for that kind of money....

Starbuck
11-10-2011, 05:46 PM
The battery cell pack is good for about 7-8 years tops. A prius is used up at 100k miles or so
For 24,000.00 I better get 15 years out of that bad boy or at least 250k miles before it shits.

You're right! I've been saying for years that the real winner in this war of economy will be the 30 MPG sedan. Balancing what you pay with what it costs to drive it, it seems to me that there is an obvious winner.

For example: We paid 15K for my wife's clean, 2 year old Honda CRV and it gets 27 MPG. That, it seems to me, is a fair deal.

I have gotten 22 years out of my GMC 4X4 shortbed. I guess that's pretty good.:)

Odysseus
11-10-2011, 05:54 PM
I got about eight years out of our Honda Civic before we sold it (ran fine, but we didn't need two cars in VA), and it averaged around 30 MPG. We got it on a lease and then bought it at the end of it, but I never paid more than $200 per month for the car, and I never had a complaint. A Prius is basically an indulgence for guilty Yuppies who want to demonstrate their green cred.

fettpett
11-10-2011, 06:20 PM

I thought I had read that they just total them out, but still, there are cars on the road that are 20-30+ years old, still getting 20+ mpg that will out perform those POS and the damn Volt.