PDA

View Full Version : Republican Debate tonight...

SarasotaRepub
11-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Newt's been pretty good tonight. He took some good shots at the OWS morons...:applause:

Wei Wu Wei
11-09-2011, 10:24 PM
what channel?

djones520
11-09-2011, 10:30 PM
what channel?

CNBC

Wei Wu Wei
11-09-2011, 10:34 PM
thanks

i've been watching fox news for the last hour and a half too dangit

rjas77
11-09-2011, 10:39 PM
thanks

i've been watching fox news for the last hour and a half

Welcome to the GOP :D

djones520
11-09-2011, 10:43 PM
I seem to be at work every time they have a debate. It gets annoying.

Wei Wu Wei
11-09-2011, 10:52 PM
Welcome to the GOP :D

I don't think I'll be voting for the GOP anytime soon, but I do love watching Fox News:D

Wei Wu Wei
11-09-2011, 10:53 PM
I seem to be at work every time they have a debate. It gets annoying.

I have to miss most of my favorite radio shows like Rushbo because of work. Recordings work sometimes but it's not the same as hearing it on the radio

NJCardFan
11-09-2011, 11:52 PM
Huh. So I have the choice of watching a bunch of dudes yammer away or look at Carrie Underwood all night. Sorry fellers, Carrie wins. :D

http://images.askmen.com/photos/carrie-underwood/carrie-underwood-88131.jpg

Rockntractor
11-09-2011, 11:59 PM
Huh. So I have the choice of watching a bunch of dudes yammer away or look at Carrie Underwood all night. Sorry fellers, Carrie wins. :D

http://images.askmen.com/photos/carrie-underwood/carrie-underwood-88131.jpg

She was absolutely adorable tonight too!

Rockntractor
11-10-2011, 12:12 AM
Well?:confused:

fettpett
11-10-2011, 12:26 AM
Well?:confused:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/rick-perrys-oops-in-republican-debate-could-have-long-lasting-implications-for-his-campaign-video/2011/11/09/gIQAqUBr6M_blog.html

Perry forgot the third agency he would get rid of :D LMAO

Rockntractor
11-10-2011, 12:34 AM
Oh good Lord!:o

Rockntractor
11-10-2011, 12:40 AM
The audience at CNBC's economic debate applauded and cheered on Herman Cain after he once again made it clear that the sexual harassment accusations against him are untrue and unfounded. As Cain was being asked about his character and alleged sexual encounters with several women the audience booed at Maria Bartiromo, one of tonight's moderators. Transcript below:

BARTIROMO: You have all said that -- that you will repeal the president's health care legislation. We will get into that, because we want to know, then what? What is the plan once you repeal Obamacare?

But, first, Mr. Cain, the American people want jobs, but they also want leadership. They want character in a president. In recent days, we have learned that four different women have accused you of inappropriate behavior. Here we're focusing on character and on judgment.

(BOOING)

You've been a CEO.

CAIN: Yes. BARTIROMO: You know that shareholders are reluctant to hire a CEO where there are character issues. Why should the American people hire a president if they feel there are character issues?

CAIN: The American people deserve better than someone being tried in the court of public opinion based on unfounded accusations. That's...

(APPLAUSE)

And I value my character and my integrity more than anything else. And for every -- one person that comes forward with a false accusation, there are probably -- there are thousands who would say none of that sort of activity ever came from Herman Cain.

You're right. This country's looking for leadership. And this is why a lot of people, despite what has happened over the last nine days, are still very enthusiastic behind my candidacy. Over the last nine days...

(APPLAUSE)

Over the last nine days, the voters have voted with their dollars, and they are saying they don't care about the character assassination. They care about leadership and getting this economy growing and all of the other problems we face.

(APPLAUSE)
Vid at link>http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/11/09/cain_gets_major_applause_at_debate_after_dismissin g_harassment_claim.html

fettpett
11-10-2011, 01:10 AM
yeah, he was looking to raise about $1 Million for Iowa and went above and beyond that today :D

Starbuck
11-10-2011, 11:44 AM
yeah, he was looking to raise about $1 Million for Iowa and went above and beyond that today :D

Good for him, and his candidacy!
I thought Cain just sort of held his own, and as much as I hate to see myself say it, Romney did very well; lots of passion, lots of knowledge.

Cain is still The Man, to me.

Newt did well. I loved his response to Bartiromo's inane question about exactly what did Newt think the press was reporting wrongly. I thought he tacked her ears to the desk!:)

Bachman knows a few things, but is not a President. Ditto Huntsman, Paul....

fettpett
11-10-2011, 06:25 PM
I could vote for a Cain-Gingrich ticket, especially after Newt acknowledged this week that the PSA about MMGW was stupid of him to do.

Kay
11-10-2011, 09:37 PM
I could vote for a Cain-Gingrich ticket, especially after Newt acknowledged this week that the PSA about MMGW was stupid of him to do.

I could go for 4 years of Gingrich-Cain,
then I'd feel better letter with Cain being on top.

Starbuck
11-10-2011, 11:32 PM
........... Newt acknowledged this week that the PSA about MMGW .............

Da WHAT??!!:confused:

djones520
11-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Da WHAT??!!:confused:

He did a video with Pelosi crying about how ebil Global Warming was.

Kay
11-11-2011, 12:22 AM
Here's the video he now says he regrets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi6n_-wB154