PDA

View Full Version : Anyone pretty good with Win Vista?

Starbuck
11-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Here's the deal:
Working with Windows Mail.
I open up Windows Contacts. I see all my contacts. But up at the top of the page it say Organize; View; Play All; and Burn. Just like it was a music program or something. And I don't see how to add a new contact...:confused:

Wassup?

Rockntractor
11-11-2011, 12:07 AM
Put in your windows 7 disk and select 'upgrade'.

Kay
11-11-2011, 12:17 AM
I open up Windows Contacts. I see all my contacts.
But up at the top of the page it say Organize; View; Play All; and Burn.

Sounds like you have the option of puttin' the burn on your contacts that you don't like.
You can view the ones you are inclined to spy on, and play them all if you are so a mind.
I wouldn't mind having those options for my contact list... ;)

Articulate_Ape
11-11-2011, 01:03 AM
Windows Mail? WTF?

Rockntractor
11-11-2011, 01:11 AM
Windows Mail? WTF?

I quit using outlook or outlook express a long time ago and only use web mail now.

Articulate_Ape
11-11-2011, 01:32 AM
I quit using outlook or outlook express a long time ago and only use web mail now.

No shit. I use Mozilla Thunderbird. Outlook is poopy.

fettpett
11-11-2011, 02:00 AM
ew...vista...seriously, upgrade to Win 7 asap

Zafod
11-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Suprised one of our crapple snobs have not come in here to make a snide comment.

Starbuck
11-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Looks like upgrading to Win 7 is the most obvious answer. That's probably what we'll do. Thanks.

But: I still have to make a comment about Windows Mail. We like it. Wouldn't want to toss any rocks at Thunderbird, but Win Mail, has a seriously good filter for spam. I enter in the hints I'm looking for, whether in subject or sender, tell Win Mail to delete it at the server, and then never worry about it again.

Back to Win7: I don't see any improvement for us with Win 7, but we're not gamers and don't use advanced graphics at all. On the other hand by 2 G RAM, 500 G hard drive and 2.6 G Hz processor won't have any problem.
Is there an improvement I'm not seeing? Other than fixing my Win Contacts page.

Zafod
11-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Looks like upgrading to Win 7 is the most obvious answer. That's probably what we'll do. Thanks.

But: I still have to make a comment about Windows Mail. We like it. Wouldn't want to toss any rocks at Thunderbird, but Win Mail, has a seriously good filter for spam. I enter in the hints I'm looking for, whether in subject or sender, tell Win Mail to delete it at the server, and then never worry about it again.

Back to Win7: I don't see any improvement for us with Win 7, but we're not gamers and don't use advanced graphics at all. On the other hand by 2 G RAM, 500 G hard drive and 2.6 G Hz processor won't have any problem.
Is there an improvement I'm not seeing? Other than fixing my Win Contacts page.

The file system is much much better than vista.

Vista is a cluster mess.

Starbuck
11-11-2011, 11:55 AM
The file system is much much better than vista.

Vista is a cluster mess.
Oh. Well, that sounds like the problem that I'm having - the file system. Is that right?

SarasotaRepub
11-11-2011, 12:09 PM
I still use OutLook and for home use it's fine. :p:D

Zafod
11-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Oh. Well, that sounds like the problem that I'm having - the file system. Is that right?

just upgrade already.

fettpett
11-11-2011, 04:33 PM

http://windows.about.com/od/windowsosversions/a/Win7vsVista.htm

Windows 7 has been out for almost 3 years, it's hands down suprior to Vista, ONLY reason why I would say not to, is to wait for Windows 8, but you're looking at next year 4th Quarter at the earliest

Janice
11-21-2011, 12:36 AM
Windows 7 is far and away better than Vista. Heck ... XP is better than Vista. I beta tested 7 through the whole process and 7 is what Vista was meant to be in every way. They seemed to actually "listen" to the beta testers suggestions. Have you ever had to go thru the "repair console" to repair the file system or the boot files for Vista? What a piece of crap compared to 7. Or XP for that matter. It kinda reminds me of how they came out with Windows Millennium Edition after 98 and before XP (excluding 2000). It was a mistake. They were just in too big a hurry to come out with something ... anything. And thats what we ended up with. (Although I luved the control over the kernal we had)

You also have more control with the bloat and the use of resources with 7 from my experience. Hmm.. well, I should admit it. Im just addicted to speeeeeeeeeeed! Give me a fast computer!

:DDsmilie_panic: