PDA

View Full Version : Col. Sanders’ last secret: long-lost book of recipes

bijou
11-11-2011, 03:53 PM
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Colonel Harland Sanders is about to teach America “real old-time country and farm cooking before it’s forgotten.”

Yes, Colonel Sanders.

On yellowed pages hidden for decades, the white-jacketed man with a special fried chicken recipe and a vision that helped create the modern fast-food industry reveals he saw a future in another lucrative market — celebrity food books.

The recent discovery of an unpublished manuscript written by the founder of KFC shows that while Sanders was helping build Kentucky Fried Chicken, he was recording his life and love of food — and recipes — for the world. ...link (http://www.suntimes.com/8748035-417/col-sanders-last-secret-long-lost-book-of-recipes.html)

noonwitch
11-15-2011, 12:20 PM
I would totally read it if they print a book of his recipes. I've never been able to master deep-frying chicken, and would appreciate tips from the best. And KFC is the best, I just don't like the ones around Detroit because their service is slow.

bijou
11-15-2011, 01:29 PM
I would totally read it if they print a book of his recipes. I've never been able to master deep-frying chicken, and would appreciate tips from the best. And KFC is the best, I just don't like the ones around Detroit because their service is slow.

I like reading old recipe books, I bet this one will have some real Sanders family favourites too.