PDA

View Full Version : McQueary placed on admin. leave

Elspeth
11-11-2011, 07:27 PM
The graduate assistant who observed Sandusky raping a boy in the Penn State showers is now on administrative leave. However, he seems to be covered by "whistleblower" protection (for all those DUmmies who read this board and think McQueary should be fired.)

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/penn_state/McQueary_placed_on_administrative_leave.html?cmpid =125219969

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Embattled Penn State wide receiver coach Mike McQueary has been placed on indefinite and paid administrative leave, Penn State president Rodney Erickson said today.

Erickson said McQueary will not be coaching or attending Saturday's game against Nebraska.

"It became clear that he could not function in this role under these circumstances," Erickson said during a news conference at the Nittany Lion Inn. It was Erickson's first media session since he was appointed interim president Wednesday after Graham Spanier was ousted.

He said the decision on McQueary was made by the "AD and me." Mark Sherburne is serving as interim athletic director while Tim Curley is on administrative leave. Curley has been charged with perjury and failure to report a crime. Erickson said Curley's status is an "ongoing discussion."

Erickson said McQueary's leave is "indefinite and paid." He was told earlier today by Sherburne.

As to why McQueary was not fired, Erickson said, "There are complexities in that issue that I am not prepared to go into at this point."

Earlier in the day, Gov. Corbett had made a reference to McQueary being protected by whistleblower legislation. There has been speculation on that issue throughout the week.

In initally announcing that McQueary would not be at the game Thursday night, Penn State cited threats against him. Erickson said he cannot speak to specific threats, but said there will be extra security...

Bailey
11-11-2011, 07:30 PM
If you believe its over death threats I have a bridge to sell you. lol

Elspeth
11-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Also, someone threw a brick into Sandusky's house:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20111111_Cinder_block_thrown_through_window_at_San dusky_house.html

Cinder block thrown through window at Sandusky house

Police in State College today said that vandals had attacked the home of former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky.

Sandusky, charged with 40 counts of sexual abuse against young boys, was not at home Thursday night when two pieces of cinder block went flying through the window of an unoccupied bedroom about 10:20 p.m., police said.

The investigation into the alleged abuse expanded Thursday to Texas as new allegations surfaced alleging Sandusky molested a boy in San Antonio twice in the 1990s.

Elspeth
11-11-2011, 07:31 PM
If you believe its over death threats I have a bridge to sell you. lol

What do you think it is?

Bailey
11-11-2011, 07:34 PM
What do you think it is?

What I've been harping on for days, if anyone in this sordid mess deserves to be canned its him. They are easing him out as it were.

Bailey
11-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Also, someone threw a brick into Sandusky's house:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20111111_Cinder_block_thrown_through_window_at_San dusky_house.html

Cinder block thrown through window at Sandusky house

What a piece of trash, wait trash doesn't deserve to be associated with this guy, I hope he is kept alive in prison and raped repeatedly day after day for the rest of his misbegotten life.

Elspeth
11-11-2011, 07:44 PM
What a piece of trash, wait trash doesn't deserve to be associated with this guy, I hope he is kept alive in prison and raped repeatedly day after day for the rest of his misbegotten life.

You got no complaint from me. Sandusky is the lowest of scum. I think every dime he has ever made should be stripped from him and used for the lifelong therapy his victims will need. And I'm certain there are a lot more victims. Second Mile should be shut down completely by the state of PA.

Bailey
11-11-2011, 07:54 PM
You got no complaint from me. Sandusky is the lowest of scum. I think every dime he has ever made should be stripped from him and used for the lifelong therapy his victims will need. And I'm certain there are a lot more victims. Second Mile should be shut down completely by the state of PA.

Well I dont think his wife should be left pennyless, unless she knew of his crimes.

Elspeth
11-11-2011, 07:56 PM
What I've been harping on for days, if anyone in this sordid mess deserves to be canned its him. They are easing him out as it were.

I have to disagree on two counts:

1. McQueary has whistleblower protection, at least according to Governor Corbett.

2. McQueary is actually less guilty than the Penn State administration, Paterno, Curley and Schultz.

I know you want to smack the guy for not charging Sandusky, pulling the boy out of his reach and running to the cops. I get it. I would hope that I could do the same, but I understand how shock works. Sometimes you just get stunned, especially in a place that claims to have high ideals. You don't expect to find a child being raped by member of the "family" as it were. When you do and you're a powerless person in the organization, you are at risk if you go right to the cops.

McQueary was a 28 year old grad assistant with no real power in the institution. My ex was a GA in a math department: they get treated like slaves and have to keep their mouths shut. It's a crappy and infantilizing position to be in. I tried to think of my ex in the same situation and while I like to think he would have gone straight to the cops, I know he would not have. He would have gone to his adviser first or the department chair. The professors were "real" employees; the grad assistants were like their children or their household staff.

Had McQueary run to the cops, the administration and Paterno would have circled the wagons and McQueary would have become Penn State's victim. Real death threats would have ensued. McQueary would have been accused of mental illness or malice or, maybe, of being a pedophile himself. I think McQueary's dad knew that and was trying to protect his kid.

McQueary reported it to his superiors. THEY should have gone right to the police.

Elspeth
11-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Well I dont think his wife should be left pennyless, unless she knew of his crimes.

I always wonder how much the wives know in these situations. A lie detector seems in order.

Bailey
11-11-2011, 08:02 PM
I always wonder how much the wives know in these situations. A lie detector seems in order.

His lawyer says He's devastated on what happened to Paterno, the evil man shouldve known what would happen to the entire school if/when he'd get caught. Not to mention the children.

Bailey
11-11-2011, 08:04 PM
I am shocked the NCAA didnt cancel this game at least or the entire season for that matter

Elspeth
11-11-2011, 08:08 PM
I am shocked the NCAA didnt cancel this game at least or the entire season for that matter

The NCAA has problems of their own. And sadly, since the Penn State case did not involve a few dollars being thrown by alumni to student-athletes who couldn't afford a plane ticket for the holidays, the NCAA really doesn't care. The NCAA is only there to protect their profits from the student-athletes that are the source of those profits. Raped kids are not really important to them.

Elspeth
11-11-2011, 08:10 PM
His lawyer says He's devastated on what happened to Paterno, the evil man shouldve known what would happen to the entire school if/when he'd get caught. Not to mention the children.

Fuck him.

Really, fuck the evil bastard.

:mad:

Elspeth
11-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Wall Street is thinking of downgrading Penn State:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-phillydeals/Wall-Street-Paterno-scandal-may-cost-Penn-State-.html

"Moody's Investors Service has placed the Aa1 revenue bond rating of Pennsylvania State University (Penn State) on review for possible downgrade to assess credit risks emanating from the announcement this week by the Pennsylvania Attorney General of the filing of criminal charges involving child sexual abuse against a former assistant football coach, as well as perjury and failure to report charges against two senior university officials, including the CFO of the university...

"We will monitor possible emerging risks emanating from potential lawsuits/settlements, weaker student demand, declines in philanthropic support, changes in state relationship and significant management or governance changes." Penn State is currently rated Aa1, investment grade. A lower rating would likely translate into higher borrowing costs.

The school's strength includes a "substantially improved... national academic brand identity," and "consistent ability to draw out-of-state students who pay high tuition rates" despite the drop in Pennsylvania's own high school graduate population. Moody's is assessing whether the scandal and the loss of football coach Joe Paterno will disgust and drive away potential donors and students.

Bailey
11-11-2011, 08:39 PM
The NCAA has problems of their own. And sadly, since the Penn State case did not involve a few dollars being thrown by alumni to student-athletes who couldn't afford a plane ticket for the holidays, the NCAA really doesn't care. The NCAA is only there to protect their profits from the student-athletes that are the source of those profits. Raped kids are not really important to them.

Thats fucked up, but OTOH the players didnt have anything to do with this sordid mess.

Elspeth
11-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Here's a comment you'll like, Bailey:

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20111110_Ronnie_Polaneczky__Where_was_the_fury_ove r_the_rape_of_a_boy_.html?i=2&&i=3&&i=4&&i=5&&jCount=6&#comments

(From the comments section underneath an article on McQueary)

My then 19 year old daughter, who is 5'2" and weighs about 90 lbs. soaking wet walked into a locker room where a rape was occuring. The rapist was over 6' and over 200 lbs. The victim was a 14 year old girl. My daughter screamed so loud that the custodians working two buildings over came running thinking someone was being murdered. When they arrived, luckily very quickly, they had to pull her off of the guy. She literally threw herself across the room, climbed on his back and was gouging her fingers into every orifice in his head. She didn't call her Mommy, she didn't look for a coach to report it to, she didn't hesitate. I asked her later what went through her head and she told me she never thought about anything other than she had to stop it. McQuery was a coward and he and his father were only concerned about his job, not about that helpless child. They should be ashamed. All of these men should be ashamed.
— MamaBear1227

Bailey
11-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Here's a comment you'll like, Bailey:

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20111110_Ronnie_Polaneczky__Where_was_the_fury_ove r_the_rape_of_a_boy_.html?i=2&&i=3&&i=4&&i=5&&jCount=6&#comments

I agree with her, fuck shock it was all about covering up for his fathers friend. They'd have to surgically remove my foot from his ass if i caught him doing that. If my Father ever EVER asked me to cover something like this up, I'd spit in his face and never speak to him again but my father is a class act so I know he'd never ask me to do such a thing.

Elspeth
11-11-2011, 09:30 PM
I agree with her, fuck shock it was all about covering up for his fathers friend. They'd have to surgically remove my foot from his ass if i caught him doing that.

Now you're just trying to impress me. :)

There are some amazing comments at philly.com.

http://www.philly.com/philly/insights/20111109_Karen_Heller__At_Penn_State__football_is_ more_important_than_morality_and_the_law.html?c=0. 6558672219403848&posted=y&viewAll=y#comments