PDA

View Full Version : Where was the fury over the rape of a boy?

Elspeth
11-11-2011, 08:22 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20111110_Ronnie_Polaneczky__Where_was_the_fury_ove r_the_rape_of_a_boy_.html

Interesting OP-ED and I think a lot of people here would agree with it.

IMAGINE YOU are a 10-year-old child. It is nighttime. You are in an otherwise empty gym shower with a man whom your family trusted. You are both naked, and he is sodomizing you.

You are bewildered, terrified and in physical agony. And then another grown-up enters the shower area. He sees you being anally raped against the wall. All three of you lock eyes.

Help is here, you think.

Help is here. But your would-be savior runs away. And you're alone once more with the monster you'd thought was your friend.

By now, we all know that the man in the shower was Jerry Sandusky, the former Penn State football defensive coordinator now accused of sexually assaulting kids. And the witness who fled was Mike McQueary, then a 28-year-old graduate assistant.

And I keep asking myself, "How could McQueary have left that little boy to fend for himself?"...

There is also an interesting comment at the end of the article by a reader. I wondered what people might have to say about this:

This article is garbage. McQueary was raised at PSU, Paterno and Sandusky were his gods. He attended practices with his dad from age 2. He played for state College, then PSU, then worked for Paterno. His entire 28 years were nothing but Paterno and Sandusky. He was basically like a cult member.
JonKap

Was Sandusky a friend of McQueary's dad?

Apache
11-11-2011, 08:31 PM
There is something about this story that really doesn't sit right with me. I haven't heard too much about the details (basically I'm uninformed as to what did happen)...

Tipsycatlover
11-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Worse than McCreary, Paterno and even the sick fuck Sandusky, are the student rioters supporting the rapists as well as those who made the rapes possible.

Bailey
11-11-2011, 08:34 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20111110_Ronnie_Polaneczky__Where_was_the_fury_ove r_the_rape_of_a_boy_.html

There is also an interesting comment at the end of the article by a reader. I wondered what people might have to say about this:

If my Dads Best friend did this shit I'd dime his ass out in a heartbeat.

Elspeth
11-11-2011, 08:39 PM
If my Dads Best friend did this shit I'd dime his ass out in a heartbeat.

I bet you would. :)

MrsSmith
11-11-2011, 09:44 PM
I agree with wanting to kill the guy, but want to point out that "sodomy" does not always involve physical agony...

indecently fondled Victim 1 on a number of occasions, performed oral sex on Victim 1 on a number of occasions and had Victim 1 perform oral sex on him on at least one occasion.

Elspeth
11-11-2011, 09:50 PM
I agree with wanting to kill the guy, but want to point out that "sodomy" does not always involve physical agony...

Depends on how you view it. If you count oral sex as sodomy, then you're correct. For some of us, sodomy specifically refers to anal sex, in which case it would certainly involve physical agony for a ten year old boy. It was anal sex that McQueary saw going on between Sandusky and the victim. Actually, it was anal rape, to be completely correct about it.

Elspeth
11-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Here's a counter article to the OP:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/penn_state/20111111_Bill_Conlin___Tough__guys_are_talking_abo ut_Sandusky.html

People who say they would have pounded the snot out of Jerry Sandusky had they been alerted by the alleged shower-room assault will remember Kitty Genovese . . . Everybody says he will do the right thing, get involved, put his own ass on the line before or after the fact. But the moment itself has a cruel way of suspending our fearless intentions. Suspended fearless intentions was the fate that befell a pretty, 105-pound, young New York woman named Kitty Genovese, whose walk home from work through her Kew Gardens neighborhood was ended on March 13, 1964, by a serial killer named Winston Moseley. He picked her out at random and stabbed her to death in front of her apartment building during a horrific assault that lasted nearly a half-hour and took place at three locations outside the sprawling building. As many as 38 residents heard all or part of her shrieking, pleading attempt to ward off a man who stabbed her multiple times. Only one of them called police and that was after calling a friend for advice on what to do. None made any attempt to intervene. Some thought it was a domestic dispute and didn't want to interfere.

The Genovese case has been widely studied as a classic example of an eyewitness behavior social psychologists call "The bystander effect," "Genovese syndrome" or "Diffusion of responsibility." .

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/penn_state/20111111_Bill_Conlin___Tough__guys_are_talking_abo ut_Sandusky.html#ixzz1dS4yAPtF
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

Tipsycatlover
11-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Without wanting to expose the elephant in the room....

This is not only pedophilia and rape of a child, Sandusky is gay, he is entitled to special protections against harassment.

Elspeth
11-11-2011, 10:58 PM

This is not only pedophilia and rape of a child, Sandusky is gay, he is entitled to special protections against harassment.

My fear is that it's more than this. I'm wondering how large the pedophile ring was and how Second Mile played into it.

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=221807.0

noonwitch
11-14-2011, 10:22 AM
No way would I have just walked by. I would have eventually called the cops, but he would have stopped raping that child the moment I saw it happening, or shortly thereafter when I pulled the son of a bitcha off the kid and hit him upside the head.

That poor kid-first betrayed by a guy who is supposed to be helping him, then by someone who could have stopped what was happening.

Starbuck
11-14-2011, 11:28 AM

It's even worse than that. Sandusky is a football coach. Thus, exposing him as a perverted felon may have resulted in Penn State losing a game.

I don't normally speak out against the misplaced priorities which manifest themselves as college football. But I see this as yet another example of faculty and coaches leading players and students down a dead end jungle path while whistling a tune entitled "Winning is The Only Thing". Silliness. Pure silliness.

Elspeth
11-17-2011, 03:05 AM
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/spectral_music/PennState.jpg

patriot45
11-17-2011, 03:21 AM

So what are you getting at? Is this a right wing problem. We know this is a disgusting problem. He will go down--Sandusky that is.. as a freakin lib. Gay pedofile = lib.

Bailey
11-17-2011, 09:39 AM
So what are you getting at? Is this a right wing problem. We know this is a disgusting problem. He will go down--Sandusky that is.. as a freakin lib. Gay pedophile = lib.

Isn't "Gay pedophile" redundant?

noonwitch
11-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Isn't "Gay pedophile" redundant?

No, because most gay men are not pedophiles. And most pedophiles are heterosexual males, not the way Jerry Sandusky claims to be one, but also in that they molest girls. The vast majority of sexual abuse cases involve male predators and female victims.

There is a mentality that it is somehow worse for a man to molest a boy than to molest a girl, so the cases involving male victims get disproportionate coverage in the media.

I'll concede this, though-it seems like the institutional sexual abuse cases do tend to be more of a homosexual nature, like this case and like the Catholic scandals.