PDA

View Full Version : Showdown between Occupy Portland, police

Rockntractor
11-13-2011, 10:59 PM
Several hundred protesters, some wearing goggles and gas masks, marched past authorities in a downtown street Sunday, hours after riot police drove Occupy Portland demonstrators out of a pair of weeks-old encampments in nearby parks.
AP Story, read at link>http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57323774/showdown-between-occupy-portland-police/

This way out of control, time for law enforcement to play hard ball, enough of the games.

Elspeth
11-13-2011, 11:41 PM
Ok. Let's step back. We know this is ACORN, ANSWER, SEIU and Soros, among others. Why are they deliberately allowing their people to provoke the authorities? Why the violence? Are they looking for a complete clampdown on the First Amendment?

patriot45
11-13-2011, 11:43 PM
Ok. Let's step back. We know this is ACORN, ANSWER, SEIU and Soros, among others. Why are they deliberately allowing their people to provoke the authorities? Why the violence? Are they looking for a complete clampdown on the First Amendment?

Whats the differense? They overstayed thier welcome by about a month ot 2 ! This is what the libs are all about.

Elspeth
11-13-2011, 11:50 PM
Whats the differense? They overstayed thier welcome by about a month ot 2 ! This is what the libs are all about.

Look, if these organizations are running the show, they have a goal and it's political. Political goals are destroyed by violence. All I can figure is that they are taking the message of frustration that many lefties feel and are deliberately linking it with violence.

Obama hasn't really endorsed OWS, even though we know it's connected behind the scenes to his own political advisor, Patrick Gaspard. Now ostensibly the movement is there to help Obama in some way. Either it's supposed to energize the left wing base or it's supposed to discredit that base and help Obama get the independent voters. The violence does discredit the base.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/update-white-house-tied-to-astroturf-jobs-at-occupy-wall-street/

patriot45
11-13-2011, 11:54 PM
Look, if these organizations are running the show, they have a goal and it's political. Political goals are destroyed by violence. All I can figure is that they are taking the message of frustration that many lefties feel and are deliberately linking it with violence.

Obama hasn't really endorsed OWS, even though we know it's connected behind the scenes to his own political advisor, Patrick Gaspard. Now ostensibly the movement is there to help Obama in some way. Either it's supposed to energize the left wing base or it's supposed to discredit that base and help Obama get the independent voters. The violence does discredit the base.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/update-white-house-tied-to-astroturf-jobs-at-occupy-wall-street/

Uhh, the 0 and almost all his posse--- pelosi. biden, debbie the W et al has endorsed the occutards or as Boortz puts it.... Barry's kids.
You are delusional.

Elspeth
11-14-2011, 12:23 AM
Uhh, the 0 and almost all his posse--- pelosi. biden, debbie the W et al has endorsed the occutards or as Boortz puts it.... Barry's kids.
You are delusional.

I haven't heard Obama come out in support of OWS. I have heard him co-opt some of their ideas, but he has been very careful not to endorse the movement itself. That's why I wonder about the violence.

Rockntractor
11-14-2011, 12:50 AM
I haven't heard Obama come out in support of OWS. I have heard him co-opt some of their ideas, but he has been very careful not to endorse the movement itself. That's why I wonder about the violence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH99q2CRNZg

Elspeth
11-14-2011, 01:10 AM
"It [OWS] expresses the frustrations that the American people feel; that we had the biggest financial crisis since the Great Depression, huge collatoral damage all throughout the country, all across main street. And yet, you're still seeing some of the same folks who acted irresponsibly trying to fight efforts to crack down on abusive practices that got us in this problem in the first place. So yes, I think people are frustrated and the protestors are giving voice to a more broad-based frustration about how our financial system works."

This is not an endorsement of the movement at all. In fact, this statement is carefully crafted (by a speechwriter, no doubt) to sound like it is endorsing the movement while not, in fact, endorsing it. Obama is carefully separating the message (frustration with the continuing abuses of Wall Street) from the protestors themselves, on whom he gives no opinion. And he isn't saying he agrees with the beliefs or the frustration. He is merely acknowledging what the general public believes to be true about OWS from media accounts.

This statement gives him all kinds of plausible deniability because he never comes right out and says (1) "I endorse Occupy Wall Street" or (2) "I think they are right in what they believe". It is essentially a SUMMARY of what is happening, not an opinion on it. These words were VERY carefully chosen. (You can bet he needed that teleprompter for this one.)

Rockntractor
11-14-2011, 01:24 AM
is is

newshutr
11-14-2011, 07:23 AM
It sure as hell is..

txradioguy
11-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Ok. Let's step back. We know this is ACORN, ANSWER, SEIU and Soros, among others. Why are they deliberately allowing their people to provoke the authorities?

A) It's what they want to happen

B) They know...as we've already seen iin Oakland that the sympathetic MSM will falsely state that the protestors are "peaceful" and that the cops are inciting the violentce looking for their "Kent State moment".

Why the violence?

Because at the end of the day OWS = Anarchists.

Are they looking for a complete clampdown on the First Amendment?

If it goes against Liberal groupthink then yes they are.

Tipsycatlover
11-14-2011, 09:07 AM
Most of what these protests are doing are not exercises of first amendment rights.

Kay
11-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Because at the end of the day OWS = Anarchists.

TxRadio and I know one of these up close and personal. Tx, remember that kid
from Midland that's in the pokey now? I forget his online name, but he used
to post in a local forum that we were both in. I used to take up for him some,
thinking he was just a dweebie kid spouting off on the interwebs, but TX used
to tell me what a real danger he and his Anarchist group were. I was nieve and
TX was right as usual. This kid was later arrested for his part in this story:

http://rnc08report.org/printer/144-printer.shtml

Just remembered, ThoughRebel was his name....TX do you remember him?
It just goes to show you never who you're talking with online. From what I
remember of that kid's postings, they don't stand for anything but causing
as much mayhem and chaos as they can.

"OWS = Anarchists" is exactly right.

txradioguy
11-14-2011, 03:11 PM
TxRadio and I know one of these up close and personal. Tx, remember that kid
from Midland that's in the pokey now? I forget his online name, but he used
to post in a local forum that we were both in. I used to take up for him some,
thinking he was just a dweebie kid spouting off on the interwebs, but TX used
to tell me what a real danger he and his Anarchist group were. I was nieve and
TX was right as usual. This kid was later arrested for his part in this story:

http://rnc08report.org/printer/144-printer.shtml

Just remembered, ThoughRebel was his name....TX do you remember him?
It just goes to show you never who you're talking with online. From what I
remember of that kid's postings, they don't stand for anything but causing
as much mayhem and chaos as they can.

"OWS = Anarchists" is exactly right.

Thoughtless Rebel is what I called him...yes I remember.

I also remember Crayon taking up for Bradley Crowder after his arrest for attempting to firebomb the GOP Convention. He was more pissed at the member of the group that ratted him out. Which...surprise surprise Crayon is also championing the OWS idiots too.

Teetop
11-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Occutards of Portland lose to Portland Police.

Police win 70 dump truck loads of garbage;

http://weaselzippers.us/2011/11/14/occupy-portland-leaves-behind-70-dump-trucks-worth-of-trash/

:D

Kay
11-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Occutards of Portland lose to Portland Police.

Police win 70 dump truck loads of garbage;

http://weaselzippers.us/2011/11/14/occupy-portland-leaves-behind-70-dump-trucks-worth-of-trash/

:D

Wow reading about the damage to the landscaping too, they need to be made to pay.
They should find out where the organizer/leaders live and go dump that 70 loads in
their front yards.

Odysseus
11-15-2011, 02:06 PM

Violence only destroys political goals if you are trying to persuade people. If you just want to intimidate the opposition and impose your will, violence is an extremely effective way to do that, as Sinn Fein, various unions, the PA/PLO, the Bolsheviks, Nazis and every other political group that used violence as a means to their end well know. When Von Clauswitz declared that war was politics by other means, he was also implicitly stating that politics is war by other means.

Wow reading about the damage to the landscaping too, they need to be made to pay.
They should find out where the organizer/leaders live and go dump that 70 loads in
their front yards.

That would require that they have property, which would make them the kind of people who wouldn't trash somebody else's property. A more appropriate punishment is to put them in the county lockup and make them clean up the trash. Let them occupy orange jumpsuits for a while.

Tipsycatlover
11-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Aren't the farmers complaining that they don't have enough hands to bring in the harvest?

There ya go, chain gangs.