PDA

View Full Version : Like to see the military's take on this one!

Tipsycatlover
11-16-2011, 10:17 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/anti-capitalist-teach-in-leader-we-have-people-organizing-inside-of-the-military/

Over the weekend, Adam Kokesh (”Adam vs. the Man”) headed down to Occupy D.C.’s “Anti-Capitalist Teach-In,” where he captured some curious comments from participants. Among the bizarre statements to come from protesters was the notion that Occupiers may be organizing within the military in an effort to see a “revolution” unfold.

“Rod,” a self-described member of the Progressive Labor Party, said that he and his compatriots have been encouraging others to “think in terms of building revolution against this whole system of capitalism.” He went on to say that the fight must be taken to industrial workers, the military, campuses — even churches.

“The other thing we stress is building a base in the military. If we’re talking about revolution, it means we have to win other some section of the military to be on our side and most of them are working class people just like the rest of us…We have people organizing inside the military

Just looking for opinions on the likelihood of success of such intentions.

Molon Labe
11-16-2011, 10:35 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/anti-capitalist-teach-in-leader-we-have-people-organizing-inside-of-the-military/

Over the weekend, Adam Kokesh (”Adam vs. the Man”) headed down to Occupy D.C.’s “Anti-Capitalist Teach-In,” where he captured some curious comments from participants. Among the bizarre statements to come from protesters was the notion that Occupiers may be organizing within the military in an effort to see a “revolution” unfold.

“Rod,” a self-described member of the Progressive Labor Party, said that he and his compatriots have been encouraging others to “think in terms of building revolution against this whole system of capitalism.” He went on to say that the fight must be taken to industrial workers, the military, campuses — even churches.

“The other thing we stress is building a base in the military. If we’re talking about revolution, it means we have to win other some section of the military to be on our side and most of them are working class people just like the rest of us…We have people organizing inside the military

Highly doubtful.

Progressive influence on institutions takes generations. This is one area that has not been effected.

Now if it's a question of whether military members will uphold their "oaths" to protect the American people? Then that is a different story

Tipsycatlover
11-16-2011, 10:40 AM
I don't think that's what he meant, It looks like what he meant was that the military has been and is being infiltrated.

AmPat
11-16-2011, 11:46 AM
I final out for retirement after 26 years of service. If these communist organizers try to usurp the military, I would volunteer to come back to help clean out the traitors. I would reserve double taps for these traitors to one round in each eyeball.:mad:

noonwitch
11-16-2011, 01:49 PM
I don't think that's what he meant, It looks like what he meant was that the military has been and is being infiltrated.

I don't think he's saying that the military has been infiltrated, he's saying that it has to be inflitrated in order for them to succeed in defeating capitalism.

Odysseus
11-16-2011, 03:19 PM
I don't think he's saying that the military has been infiltrated, he's saying that it has to be inflitrated in order for them to succeed in defeating capitalism.

It's a combination of both. The left has certainly wanted to infiltrate the military for decades, but has failed to do so. As long as the military takes its Constitutional duties seriously, the left cannot count on being able to ride roughshod over everyone else.

noonwitch
11-16-2011, 03:25 PM
It's a combination of both. The left has certainly wanted to infiltrate the military for decades, but has failed to do so. As long as the military takes its Constitutional duties seriously, the left cannot count on being able to ride roughshod over everyone else.

That's because none of the activists actually want to enlist in order to take it over. Those with liberal politics who do enlist are not doing so because they are activists, they are doing so because they want to serve, or want training in fields in which the military offers the best programs-like pilot training, for example. In other words, for the same reasons most people enlist.

Odysseus
11-16-2011, 03:43 PM
That's because none of the activists actually want to enlist in order to take it over. Those with liberal politics who do enlist are not doing so because they are activists, they are doing so because they want to serve, or want training in fields in which the military offers the best programs-like pilot training, for example. In other words, for the same reasons most people enlist.

That, and the ones that do enlist for the purpose of infiltrating don't usually make it through. Basic training demands a high degree of motivation, and its function is to realign attitudes and behaviors in order to make someone fit into the military mold. A few have managed to do it, most famously John Kerry, who saw military service as a means to political office, but when he left the Navy, he discovered that he couldn't get elected as a patriotic vet, so he became a quisling vet.

DumbAss Tanker
11-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Other than the odd Bradley Manning or 2LT with a head full of mush from a Lib college, just like an excuse, this plan has a maximum effective range of zero meters.

Witmaster
11-18-2011, 02:06 PM

Sounds as if these morons are somehow hoping to start some sort of violent revolution? They want to take up arms and now “Attack Wall Street”?

I think Ody summed it up well. First, most of them wouldn’t make it through basic. Second, so long as the military holds true to our oath and our Constitutional duties, we’ll never take up arms against the “dreaded 1%”. Finally, anyone who does organize some sort of armed revolution to somehow take over Wall Street by force will be summarily shot and/or arrested as terrorists.

You wonder how the military would handle it? Same way we always have. We'll weed them out through basic. Others will conform to our standards or, realizing their situation, do their tour, get out and join the rest of the Scott Olsens out there on the picket line.

txradioguy
11-18-2011, 03:12 PM
I know that in the last couple years I've read articles where members of this Administration have talked about trying to unionize the Military.

Tipsycatlover
11-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Then they can strike! Like the Danish soldiers threatened to do on a battlefield.