PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin SEVERELY Punishes Doctors For Protest Sick Notes!

Apocalypse
11-16-2011, 11:45 PM
And by Severely, we mean slight slap on the wrist.

Madison - Seven doctors received a reprimand from a state board Wednesday after issuing sick notes to demonstrators during the protests against Gov. Scott Walker's union bargaining law.

"The board action today holds these physicians accountable for their very public actions," said a statement from Sujatha Kailas, a physician and chairman of the Medical Examining Board.

Another two doctors received administrative warnings, a lesser form of discipline, according to the board....

The Medical Examining Board reached stipulations with seven doctors Wednesday in which they were formally reprimanded for failing to make adequate records on the patients they saw during the protests. The stipulations also required the doctors to pay $225 to $350 each for costs and take four hours of continuing education courses within 90 days on medical record keeping.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/board-could-discipline-seven-doctors-for-capitol-protest-sick-notes-lo335ki-133974403.html

Odysseus
11-17-2011, 02:02 AM
Okay, since the state has acknowledged that the doctors lied when they wrote the sick notes, then they ought to be docking the various union workers who used them to claim sick days. It constitutes fraud, doesn't it?

Constitutionally Speaking
11-17-2011, 07:59 AM
Okay, since the state has acknowledged that the doctors lied when they wrote the sick notes, then they ought to be docking the various union workers who used them to claim sick days. It constitutes fraud, doesn't it?

:thumbsup:

noonwitch
11-17-2011, 09:50 AM
I'll be like Karen Allen in "Animal House" and write anyone letters saying that they are too well to attend the OWS protests!

Odysseus
11-17-2011, 12:02 PM
I'll be like Karen Allen in "Animal House" and write anyone letters saying that they are too well to attend the OWS protests!

You're just saying that because you secretly want to hook up with Donald Sutherland. :D

noonwitch
11-17-2011, 12:28 PM
You're just saying that because you secretly want to hook up with Donald Sutherland. :D

Nah, I'd rather have Otter.

Odysseus
11-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Nah, I'd rather have Otter.

That was Eric Stratton, Rush Committee Chairman, and he was damned glad to meet you.