PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco Officials Fear Disease Will Spread At Occupy Encampment

Rockntractor
11-17-2011, 04:51 PM
SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) – Poor sanitation and evidence of lice and fleas at the Occupy San Francisco encampment endanger the health of everyone in the overcrowded, makeshift tent city at Justin Herman Plaza, public health officials said Wednesday.

“Everybody that’s been down there knows it has to change,” said Dr. Tomas Aragon, a public health officer who has been conducting inspections twice a day at the Occupy SF protest.

KCBS’ Barbara Taylor Reports:
SF City Officials Fear Disease Will Spread At Occupy Encampment

Aragon said the lack of sanitation and food safety, combined with the large quantities of debris in very tight quarters, made the Occupy encampment a tinder box for gastrointestinal and respiratory infections.

“Whenever you bring a group of people together, they’re going to bring whatever they have on them,” he said. “Although we have not detected an outbreak, we did identify one person, for example, that had lice.”

Some Occupiers have cooperated with efforts such as the one by the SPCA to identify potentially deadly canine infections such as parvovirus.

More Disgusting Details At Link>http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2011/11/17/san-francisco-officials-fear-disease-will-spread-at-occupy-encampment/

Bailey
11-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Well as long as it stays inside the camp I dont give a rats ass.

Tipsycatlover
11-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Aw Gee, they got rights. Leave them alone.

SarasotaRepub
11-17-2011, 07:11 PM
How could they??? How could they kill those poor revolutionary lice??? :(:D

Zathras
11-17-2011, 08:20 PM

I don't think they need the rat asses you would give them. They have plenty with the rats that are infesting the garbage that these vermin have piled up.

Bailey
11-17-2011, 09:40 PM
I don't think they need the rat asses you would give them. They have plenty with the rats that are infesting the garbage that these vermin have piled up.

:D

Elspeth
11-17-2011, 09:51 PM

The problem is that it won't. Illnesses and pathogens have a nasty habit of jumping around.

Tipsycatlover
11-17-2011, 10:56 PM
They have to be prevented from leaving the camp.

Ranger Rick
11-18-2011, 12:07 AM
They have to be prevented from leaving the camp.

Are you avocating a FMA camp?

Apache
11-18-2011, 12:13 AM
The problem is that it won't. Illnesses and pathogens have a nasty habit of jumping around.

I know, right?

I mean this started off on the other coast....:eek:

Tipsycatlover
11-18-2011, 12:38 AM
Are you avocating a FMA camp?

The OWS shitters are quite capable of setting up their own camp and have! Now that they have it. Now that it has become a petri dish of disease and vermin, they just have to be prevented from spreading their diseases.