PDA

View Full Version : OWS Idiots Being Arrested In Philly As I Type

NJCardFan
11-17-2011, 07:33 PM
The idiots decided it would be a good idea to block a bridge at rush hour. They were given several orders, on camera(I saw this on the local evening news) to vacate the bridge and of course these morons didn't so they are being locked up. Again, assholes, this is not peaceably assembling. Of course people like wee wee think it's the corporatist police who are out of line.

Wei Wu Wei
11-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Police commissioner Bull Conner sanctioned acts of violence against the Freedom Riders in Alabama.

Was violence against the black bus riders justified because they were breaking the law?

If your answer is no, then you cannot claim that any use of force is justified as a response against any act civil disobedience.

Sometimes force is necessary, but not always. Also, the there is such a thing as disproportionate use of force.

Wei Wu Wei
11-17-2011, 07:49 PM
As for being arrested, that's a different story. The police are supposed to do their jobs and uphold the law, and if protesters are breaking the law, then they should be arrested. They should accept their arrests and go to jail peacefully.

Violent resistance against police is not valid as a form of protest in this case.

NJCardFan
11-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Police commissioner Bull Conner sanctioned acts of violence against the Freedom Riders in Alabama.

Was violence against the black bus riders justified because they were breaking the law?

If your answer is no, then you cannot claim that any use of force is justified as a response against any act civil disobedience.

Sometimes force is necessary, but not always. Also, the there is such a thing as disproportionate use of force.
http://www.anh-usa.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/apples-and-oranges.jpg

Wow, what a fool you are. So what you're saying is that there is no difference between people who just want to ride a bus to assholes who just want to create chaos? Again, I knew you were stupid but not that stupid. Bashing someone's head in just because they want to do what whites can do is in no way the same as lining up on a busy bridge during rush hour inconveniencing thousands. Totally different. Not even close. Not even in the same ballpark. Hell, it's not even the same sport. Care to trot out another strawman Saul?

JB
11-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Ask not what your country can do for you.

Wei Wu Wei
11-17-2011, 08:04 PM
Wow, what a fool you are. So what you're saying is that there is no difference between people who just want to ride a bus to assholes who just want to create chaos?

I didn't say that. You might be reading what you want to see, but you don't seem to be reading my words.

I'm saying that breaking a law doesn't give police free reign to use any level of force as a response. I gave an example of protesters engaging in civil disobedience and the police sanctioning a violent (even deadly) response. If you disagree with Bull Conner here, then you must agree that there is such a thing as disproportionate use of force. You must also agree that not every act of civil disobedience warrants any level of force as a response.

It's simple logic, my friend.

Now it's fair to say that some illegal actions warrant higher levels of force (for example, assaulting a police officer warrants a FAR higher degree of force than does loitering), but the simple fact that someone is engaging in illegal civil disobedience doesn't mean "anything is on the table".

Therefore, (let's keep using logic), the simple argument of "they were breaking the law" is not a valid justification for all degrees of police force.

If you believe that is a valid argument in all cases, then you must believe that breaking the law warrants any degree of force, so you must believe that Bull Conner was justified in his actions because those bus riders were actively and consciously breaking the law.

Logic.

NJCardFan
11-17-2011, 08:16 PM
I'm saying that breaking a law doesn't give police free reign to use any level of force as a response.
Yeah. Because we all know a cop should react with being slashed with a bottle by giving the assailant flowers. :rolleyes:

Wei Wu Wei
11-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Yeah. Because we all know a cop should react with being slashed with a bottle by giving the assailant flowers. :rolleyes:

Reading problems?

Now it's fair to say that some illegal actions warrant higher levels of force (for example, assaulting a police officer warrants a FAR higher degree of force than does loitering)

Try sounding out each word and using a dictionary to help with the big ones.

Tipsycatlover
11-17-2011, 10:55 PM
The only use of force required for this scum is liberal use of machine guns. Let them on the bridge, block off both ends, and use helicopters.

SarasotaRepub
11-17-2011, 11:01 PM
The only use of force required for this scum is liberal use of machine guns. Let them on the bridge, block off both ends, and use helicopters.

:eek::eek::eek:

Can I watch???:p

Tipsycatlover
11-17-2011, 11:24 PM
:eek::eek::eek:

Can I watch???:p

We should sell tickets to that one!

NJCardFan
11-18-2011, 01:53 AM
Reading problems?

Try sounding out each word and using a dictionary to help with the big ones.

So, let me get this straight. Police cannot use force in cases of civil disobedience except in cases when they can? Um, OK. FYI, basic use of force rules(and, yes this is included in corrections) is that police can use force at least one step above such force being applied by the perp. Hence, if they're sitting in the road blocking traffic, I can drag your scrawny ass away by your hair if I have to. Come at me with a closed fist, expect to get tagged with a baton. Be stupid enough to come at me with a razor shank or broken bottle, now I'm authorized to use deadly force. Hell, be cute and invade my personal space and start cussing me out nose to nose and guess what? 3 seconds later I'll have hold of your wrist and you'll be crying for mama. I can get that off by simply stating that spittle came from your mouth and hit me.

Elspeth
11-18-2011, 02:56 AM
Anyone who blocks bridges or freeways at rush hour should be shot on site.

Tipsycatlover
11-18-2011, 08:20 AM
I was watching them. When someone was arrested after attacking a cop, the shitters were screaming for a warrant.

It's embarassing to see such ignorance.

NJCardFan
11-18-2011, 12:03 PM

I'd prefer they get run over Death Race 2000 style but I wouldn't want anyone to ruin their car on these idiots.

Arroyo_Doble
11-18-2011, 12:42 PM

Take the train.

Odysseus
11-18-2011, 01:07 PM

The Freedom Riders were not endangering the public. Blocking traffic and bridges during rush hour isn't simply civil disobedience, it's dangerous. The use of force against persons who knowingly and deliberately create hazards for the public is one of the basic functions of any just state, and those leaders who refuse to act accordingly are derelict in their duties. If one person dies because an emergency vehicle cannot get through, or because of an accident caused by the Occupistas, then every one of them that conspired to block the road is guilty of conspiracy and reckless disregard for human life.

I didn't say that. You might be reading what you want to see, but you don't seem to be reading my words.

I'm saying that breaking a law doesn't give police free reign to use any level of force as a response. I gave an example of protesters engaging in civil disobedience and the police sanctioning a violent (even deadly) response. If you disagree with Bull Conner here, then you must agree that there is such a thing as disproportionate use of force. You must also agree that not every act of civil disobedience warrants any level of force as a response.

It's simple logic, my friend.

Now it's fair to say that some illegal actions warrant higher levels of force (for example, assaulting a police officer warrants a FAR higher degree of force than does loitering), but the simple fact that someone is engaging in illegal civil disobedience doesn't mean "anything is on the table".

Therefore, (let's keep using logic), the simple argument of "they were breaking the law" is not a valid justification for all degrees of police force.

If you believe that is a valid argument in all cases, then you must believe that breaking the law warrants any degree of force, so you must believe that Bull Conner was justified in his actions because those bus riders were actively and consciously breaking the law.

Logic.
Nobody is saying that simply violating the law is grounds for any level of response. That's a typical straw man argument against using force when it is warranted and necessary. In this case, the Occupistas have created a public hazard by blocking and disrupting traffic, and refused orders to disperse. In addition, they are resisting the attempts of the police to restore order and protect the public. Under those circumstances, the use of force is clearly justified. If an Occupus gets his tentacles on a weapon or otherwise demonstrates lethal intent against the police, then lethal force would be justified.

Take the train.

No. Get off the bridge.

Arroyo_Doble
11-18-2011, 01:16 PM

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqVgmQWNZlNJqnqZG-19ylcSKXWuxLav0__KnUcGt-B6ICx7knihrtuMcC

NJCardFan
11-18-2011, 01:39 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqVgmQWNZlNJqnqZG-19ylcSKXWuxLav0__KnUcGt-B6ICx7knihrtuMcC

Simply put, you're an asshole. A gutless asshole at that.