PDA

View Full Version : MF Global, Jon Corzine, and.........Obama?

marv
11-18-2011, 11:54 AM
http://legalinsurrection.com/2011/11/it-is-with-regret-and-unflinching-moral-certainty/
(snip)

“It is with regret and unflinching moral certainty …” that Ann Barnhardt issued the following statement

(snip)

Dear Clients, Industry Colleagues and Friends of Barnhardt Capital Management,...

(snip)

I could no longer tell my clients that their monies and positions were safe in the futures and options markets – because they are not.

(snip)

A firm, led by a crony of the Obama regime, stole all of the non-margined cash held by customers of his firm.

(snip)

Jon Corzine STOLE the customer cash at MF Global. Knowing Jon Corzine, and knowing the abject lawlessness and contempt for humanity of the Marxist Obama regime and its cronies, this is not really a surprise.

Odysseus
11-18-2011, 12:49 PM
http://legalinsurrection.com/2011/11/it-is-with-regret-and-unflinching-moral-certainty/

I wonder if the media will notice any Cornzine/Obama connections... :rolleyes:

AmPat
11-18-2011, 01:20 PM

No need to fear, Holder is on the job.:rolleyes: If he can't handle it, we can call on Barney Fife.:eek:

Odysseus
11-18-2011, 02:07 PM
No need to fear, Holder is on the job.:rolleyes: If he can't handle it, we can call on Barney Fife.:eek:

Hey! Barney Fife was a dedicated public servant who took his duties extremely seriously, and often demonstrated that he could be taught to do his job with the right guidance from Andy Taylor. There's no call for comparing him to Eric Holder.

Bailey
11-18-2011, 03:49 PM

are you kidding me? He'll be thrown under that bus so quick the second he is connected to Obama.

Arroyo_Doble
11-18-2011, 04:42 PM
OK, I read what she had to say with her "going Galt" rant.

From what I can tell, the problem she has is with the system itself and in this specific case, the Chicago Mercantile Exchange; a private entity.

Not sure why she thinks that is Obama's fault except that she just doesn't like the guy.

Odysseus
11-18-2011, 06:12 PM
OK, I read what she had to say with her "going Galt" rant.

From what I can tell, the problem she has is with the system itself and in this specific case, the Chicago Mercantile Exchange; a private entity.

Not sure why she thinks that is Obama's fault except that she just doesn't like the guy.

And that Corzine, who ripped off the company, is a crony of Obama's. They campaigned for each other, heavily.

Arroyo_Doble
11-18-2011, 06:25 PM
And that Corzine, who ripped off the company, is a crony of Obama's. They campaigned for each other, heavily.

Yea, I suppose.

Still, the problem she has (according to her) was with the CME not backstopping which led her to lose confidence in the market. The Obama stuff is just fluff.

Odysseus
11-18-2011, 06:31 PM
Yea, I suppose.

Still, the problem she has (according to her) was with the CME not backstopping which led her to lose confidence in the market. The Obama stuff is just fluff.

Pretty much everything about Obama is fluff. He ran a substance-free campaign and administration.

AmPat
11-19-2011, 11:02 AM
Pretty much everything about Obama is fluff. He ran a substance-free campaign and administration.

You mean like his incessant harping on a stupid "jobs bill" that is nothing but additional slush funds for his Butt-ees while failing to act on a pipeline from Canada? Or like harping on a useless POS legislation while issuing his edicts against drilling and oil exploration?

Odysseus
11-19-2011, 11:21 AM
You mean like his incessant harping on a stupid "jobs bill" that is nothing but additional slush funds for his Butt-ees while failing to act on a pipeline from Canada? Or like harping on a useless POS legislation while issuing his edicts against drilling and oil exploration?

Okay, so he has some substance. Evil, ignorant and destructive substance, but it's a start.

3rd-try
11-19-2011, 11:28 AM

Exactly!!!! The whole "jobs bill" was sold on investing in areas that would result in the greatest return. The return was to be in the form of JOBS. What was done with our tax dollars was a complete misrepresentation. It's criminal how our money was wasted. Twist it, bend it, spin it, all the hell you want. It's bullshit.

We could have invested that money in blanketing the entire country in lemonade stands and seen a better return on investment.

Odysseus
11-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Chis Muir sums it up.

http://www.daybydaycartoon.com/112011.jpg

AmPat
11-20-2011, 10:47 AM
Where are all the O Blah Blah butt kiss,,, Uh, I meant to say worshipers?

Elspeth
11-20-2011, 06:20 PM
There's only one mistake in the comic above: the Solyndra loan went straight to the White House. Stephen Chu was forced to sign off on it. This will eventually come out.

Teetop
11-22-2011, 12:24 AM
Yea, I suppose.

Yeah, it's all FLUFF!

Are you that friggin dense?!

Regulators currently suspect that MF Global improperly used customer money for its own purposes in the days before filing for Chapter 11 protection, according to people briefed on the matter.

Trust a dimwit these days and everyone's broke, except the dimwit. (http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2011/11/21/mf-global-trustee-estimates-shortfall-could-be-more-than-1-2-billion/?ref=business)

There is one key word in the quote above, guess which one..... moron.

:rolleyes:

AmPat
11-22-2011, 10:03 AM
Yeah, it's all FLUFF!

Trust a dimwit these days and everyone's broke, except the dimwit. (http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2011/11/21/mf-global-trustee-estimates-shortfall-could-be-more-than-1-2-billion/?ref=business)

I wonder if comment number two was posted by AD?

Jack
Boston, MA
November 21st, 2011
9:42 am
Absolutely incredible. And almost all on Wall Street maintain we have no need for more financial regulation.
Recommend Recommended by 120 Readers
As though "more regulation" would have prevented this outright theft. Why don't DUmmies like Jack and the 120 who "recommended his comment understand that it is already against the law to steal?:mad: Laws don't prevent crime DUmmies, they are there to prosecute crime AFTER it is committed.

Arroyo_Doble
11-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Yeah, it's all FLUFF!

Goaeirjaoeihavuapiryunq[oyijh[oi!!!!!!!!!!!

Tecate
12-11-2011, 08:41 AM
Did anybody hear Corzine's remarks a few days ago?

He's "concerned" and "sorry" and has as many questions as everyone else does about this. lol

$3 billion missing and he has no idea where the money went.

Wherever there is looting, corruption, bankruptcy, three card monty's, and shell games, there's always a Goldman Sachs agent right in the middle of it. Every. Freaking. Time.

Starbuck
12-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Did anybody hear Corzine's remarks a few days ago?

He's "concerned" and "sorry" and has as many questions as everyone else does about this. lol

$3 billion missing and he has no idea where the money went.

Wherever there is looting, corruption, bankruptcy, three card monty's, and shell games, there's always a Goldman Sachs agent right in the middle of it. Every. Freaking. Time.

Yeah. I caught that. Made me laugh, just before I became angry.
Then he was asked if he would be willing to pay the losses out of his own money.................No, he wouldn't. What a surprise.:rolleyes:

On a slightly different note, there was this in the original article:
The reason for my decision to pull the plug was excruciatingly simple: I could no longer tell my clients that their monies and positions were safe in the futures and options markets – because they are not.

What kind of dimwit/nutcase thought money was ever safe in options and futures markets? Ever?
Options and futures have expiration dates. Does that sound like a "safe" place for money?:)

Odysseus
12-11-2011, 11:15 PM
Yeah. I caught that. Made me laugh, just before I became angry.
Then he was asked if he would be willing to pay the losses out of his own money.................No, he wouldn't. What a surprise.:rolleyes:

On a slightly different note, there was this in the original article:
The reason for my decision to pull the plug was excruciatingly simple: I could no longer tell my clients that their monies and positions were safe in the futures and options markets – because they are not.

What kind of dimwit/nutcase thought money was ever safe in options and futures markets? Ever?
Options and futures have expiration dates. Does that sound like a "safe" place for money?:)

Nor will he go to jail, at least under this administration. And isn't it funny how OWS, which loathes fat cat scam artists who bilk the public, had nothing to say about Corzine? Go figure.