PDA

View Full Version : The Star Wars Holiday Special With The Original 1978 Commercials (FULL MOVIE)

Apocalypse
11-18-2011, 07:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbF_ecnlyTk

33 years ago yesterday, the Star Wars Holiday Special aired. You know, back when TV had quality programming.

For your viewing pleasure -- and for its sheer aweseomeness -- here is the entire Star Wars Holiday Special.

NJCardFan
11-19-2011, 12:25 AM
Wow. This is hard to find. Only aired once IIRC and it never made it to video.

Zathras
11-19-2011, 12:46 AM
Wow. This is hard to find. Only aired once IIRC and it never made it to video.

It has now. :D

Me and my friends do what we call "Good Dinner, Bad Movie night" every Sunday night. We all have our names in a bag and we pick 2. Those 2 are responsible for fixing dinner and dessert and showing a movies for the evening.

I know what I'm showing next time. :D

noonwitch
11-21-2011, 04:09 PM
I probably watched this when it aired, as I was in the target age group at the time. I don't remember it, though.

I remember when Carrie Fisher hosted SNL, and they had the sketch with Princess Leia crashing Annette and Frankie's beach party. The memorable line from that was Gilda's (she was Annette), where she said "Hi, I'm Annette and these are my breasts".

jediab
11-21-2011, 05:46 PM
It did air only 1 time. It now survives on places like YouTube. But before that was around, it was available by bootleg VHS tapes, like the copy I obtained years ago. :D