PDA

View Full Version : Suspect arrested for killing rabbit with hockey stick

Rockntractor
11-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Nicholas Coyle, a Salve Regina University Lacrosse player, has been arrested in Newport on charges of animal cruelty after he allegedly killed a rabbit with a hockey stick and used the body as a puck.

WPRO's John DePetro said Newport Police arrested Coyle, 19, at 12:40 p.m. at his Newport apartment.

He was arraigned at 2:00 p.m. this afternoon at Newport County Court house on a felony charge of animal cruelty.

"I'm hoping that the judicial system will send a message that will deter others from getting involved in such heinous acts of animal cruelty and that these people will take heed to this," Dr. Finocchio told WPRO news. Finocchio said he hopes the court will take this crime serious and not just give Coyle a "slap on the wrist."

Salve Regina University released a statement commending students who came foward with information about the case and said that the school is conducting it's own investigation and will take "appropriate disciplinary action." The disciplinary action will not be disclosed to the public due to Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Punishments range from probation to dismissal.

"Any form of abuse or torture of an animal is completely unacceptable and is contrary to the values of Salve Regina University," the statement said.

Finocchio said the student should face harsh punishment both in court and by the school. "Jail time, that wouldn't bother me in the least, getting thrown out of school that wouldn't bother me in the least, it's time that we all fess up and people become responsible for their actions," said Finocchio, "He is 18 years of age, he is a college student. There is no question in my mind that he should have known better."

Coyle was released on $10,000 personal recognizance. The court granted him permission to go home to Merrick New York for Thanksgiving.

http://630wpro.com/Article.asp?id=2335818&spid=38785

This is perhaps a hare over done. What will they do next, arrest grandma for ringing a chickens neck and cooking it for Sunday dinner?

Apache
11-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Damn city slickers...

Though I don't condone using the body in that manner...

Some carrots and potatoes would've been better :D

Ranger Rick
11-18-2011, 11:24 PM
Another sticky wicket. Will they never learn, just how hard they are to clean.

Odysseus
11-19-2011, 12:00 AM
Another Elmer Fuddite. :D

Starbuck
11-19-2011, 12:09 AM
On the other hand cruelty to animals is a common denominator among sociopaths who will later kill people.

Need to get him, his fingerprints, and DNA into the system.

newshutr
11-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Coyle was released on $10,000 personal recognizance. The court granted him permission to go home to Merrick New York for Thanksgiving.

Jeez, I thought that was a bit harsh...

Thought he'd only get a 5 minute major..

Odysseus
11-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Jeez, I thought that was a bit harsh...

Thought he'd only get a 5 minute major..

ROFLOL!

Is there a rule against bunny hockey in the NHL?

newshutr
11-19-2011, 08:30 PM
ROFLOL!

Is there a rule against bunny hockey in the NHL?

Only rabbit punches....

Odysseus
11-19-2011, 09:47 PM
Only rabbit punches....

I bow before your superior punishment.

Articulate_Ape
11-20-2011, 12:47 AM
Myah, what's up puck?

newshutr
11-20-2011, 10:58 AM
I bow before your superior punishment.

Honestly...it's a shame what happened to the rabbit. You'd have thought with all those rabbit feet, he'd have had better luck..