PDA

View Full Version : Father of victim: 'Woodmansee ate the flesh of my son'

Odysseus
11-19-2011, 11:29 AM
This is why there is a death penalty. http://630wpro.com/article.asp?id=2127526

Posted: 3/7/2011 9:52:31 AM
Updated: 8/2/2011 1:17:19 PM

The father of a high profile murder victim is vowing to kill the man who killed a 5 year old SouthCounty boy in 1975 as we learn the man responsible for the crime is due to be released from the ACI 12 years early on good behavior.

"I do intend, if this man is released anywhere in my vicinity, or if I can find him, I do intend to kill this man", John Foreman told WPRO's John DePetro Monday morning. He confirmed what many have heard over the years that Michael Woodmansee ate the victim after killing him in 1975.

The Peacedale community has been outraged after word that Woodmansee will be released early this summer.

Odysseus
11-19-2011, 11:46 AM
And now, the background. I'm with the dad on this one.

Murderer and Accused Cannibal to Be Freed in August
Mar 7, 2011 – 8:50 PM
David Lohr
Senior Crime Reporter

http://o.aolcdn.com/photo-hub/news_gallery/7/0/708277/1299547501785.JPEG
Rhode Island Department of Corrections
Convicted killer Michael Woodmansee benefited from a reward system that shaved 12 years off his 40-year prison sentence.

A plea deal intended to spare a murdered child's family the horrific details of his death has come back to haunt residents of a historic town in Rhode Island. The killer, an accused cannibal who was a teenager when the crime was committed more than 30 years ago, will be free before the end of the year, according to police.

"We do not know what his plans are or if he is [planning on coming back here], but it is definitely something we plan on discussing," a spokesman for the South Kingstown Police Department told AOL News today.

While police have yet to formulate a plan for the impending release of convicted murderer Michael Woodmansee, the father of his victim, a 5-year-old boy named Jason Foreman, is not mincing words.

"I do intend, if this man is released anywhere in my vicinity, or if I can find [him], I do intend to kill this man," John Foreman told Rhode Island's WPRO News talk radio today.

According to The Providence Journal, Woodmansee was a withdrawn 16-year-old boy on May 18, 1975 –- the day he lured Jason into his home, stabbed the boy in the heart and hid the small body in a trunk.

Woodmansee lived up the street from the Foreman home. The day he took Jason's life was the boy's mother's 25th birthday -– a time of happiness that would forever after be associated with pain and heartache.

Woodmansee later told police he had fantasized that "it would be easy [to kill someone], easy to get away with it, and some form of fun,'' according to the Journal.

For eight years, frustrated authorities conducted a nationwide manhunt for Jason. Some feared he had been kidnapped, but no one suspected the whole, horrific truth -- that a disturbed killer had taken his life, removed his flesh and shellacked his bones.

The pieces in the case began to come together on April 15, 1982, when a bearded Woodmansee invited a 14-year-old newspaper delivery boy named Dale Sherman into his house. After supplying the boy with hard liquor and beer, Woodmansee attempted to strangle the teen, police said. Sherman fought back and managed to escape and run home, where his dad called police.

Taken to police headquarters, Woodmansee initially denied any wrongdoing. Because the allegations involved a boy, investigators decided to question him about Jason. Shortly thereafter, he confessed to sexually assaulting and killing the child, police said.

When authorities searched Woodmansee's home, they found Jason's skull and other miscellaneous bones on top of the man's dresser. They also discovered a journal in which he detailed the young boy's gruesome death, police said.

On Feb. 24, 1983, Woodmansee pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of second-degree murder and was sentenced to 40 years in prison. According to The Associated Press, prosecutors agreed to the plea bargain to spare the family the horrific details of the boy's death and to avoid a grisly trial.

After sentencing Woodmansee, Superior Court Judge Thomas H. Needham ordered his journal and all other evidence in the case sealed. Needham said the accounts within it were too disturbing for Jason's family to see.

For decades, rumors have surfaced about the journal. Speaking with WPRO today, John Foreman alleged that Woodmansee was a cannibal and said the killer had eaten his son's flesh off his bones.

The boy was finally buried in March 1983, roughly two weeks after his killer pleaded guilty. Jason's mother, Joice, who often spoke with the media about the case, died in 2000.

For more than 25 years, Woodmansee has remained behind bars, all but forgotten by the general public. All that changed last week, however, when the now 52-year-old convict was transferred to a correctional institution in Cranston. The move is part of a process to prepare Woodmansee for his August release date.

The killer, according to the Journal, has benefited from a prison reward system that shaved roughly 12 years off his 40-year prison sentence.

Superior Court Judge Susan E. McGuirl, the former state prosecutor who agreed to the plea bargain, did not immediately return calls for comment from AOL News today. Speaking with the Journal, she said news of Woodmansee's pending release was "shocking."

"Certainly there would not have been any anticipation of him getting out in 28 years," she told the newspaper.

While Woodmansee's plans for the future remain unclear, one thing that is clear is that he is won't get a warm reception if he decides to return home.

"I have taken the position that he is not welcomed in this community and that as a resident and the police chief, I don't think it would be safe or prudent for him to be here," South Kingstown Police Chief Vincent Vespia told The South County Independent.

Jason's father cannot bear to think that his killer could return to their town.

"I have been able to visit Jason and his mother, Joice, at their gravesite with only love in my heart for them. But now I'm afraid to visit, now that the terrible memories are back to haunt me and my family," John Foreman told the Journal. "There is no forgiveness in me, only revenge."

Why is the judge/prosecutor shocked? They do this all of the time. That's the point of plea bargains, to grease the skids and expedite the process at the front end, and to hell with the future. Now, we have a sociopath with almost three decades of fantasies to live out being released onto the streets. Who in their right mind would go along with this?

Kay
11-19-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm with the Dad. If I were in his shoes, I'd see to it that this evil being
is dead on release. I wouldn't even bother to make it look like an accident,
I'd just be very careful planning it and not get caught. I'd go Law Abiding
Citizen on him.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTMyODY1NTg1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTUyODI4Mg@@._ V1._SY317_.jpg

CueSi
11-19-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm with the Dad. If I were in his shoes, I'd see to it that this evil being
is dead on release. I wouldn't even bother to make it look like an accident,
I'd just be very careful planning it and not get caught. I'd go Law Abiding
Citizen on him.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTMyODY1NTg1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTUyODI4Mg@@._ V1._SY317_.jpg

I got a red x. . . did you mean this?

http://i2.listal.com/image/758578/936full-law-abiding-citizen-screenshot.jpg

(hey, anything for a gratuitous Gerard Butler picture)

~QC

Kay
11-19-2011, 12:05 PM
I got a red x. . . did you mean this?

(hey, anything for a gratuitous Gerard Butler picture)

~QC

Yeah....exactly that. :cool:

CueSi
11-19-2011, 12:26 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/a-boy-makes-his-girl-jealous-of-other-women-rage-gentleman-240x180.jpg
"Good show, then."

~QC

Odysseus
11-19-2011, 06:16 PM
The dad should kill him in as horrible a manner as possible, and then cop a plea in order to spare everyone the details of a gruesome trial. Perhaps one count of animal cruelty, instead of homicide.

Kay
11-19-2011, 07:19 PM
40 years for eating your 5 year old son.
Then only serving 28 yrs of that. :mad:

I'm surprised he was not killed at the time
before getting to trial.

Starbuck
11-19-2011, 07:59 PM
40 years for eating your 5 year old son.
Then only serving 28 yrs of that. :mad:

I'm surprised he was not killed at the time
before getting to trial.

A little surprising that he was not killed in prison. Like Jeffrey Dahmer.

I guess I'd try to find some really nasty gang types who have a contact in the prison. One of those guys could take him out.

Odysseus
11-19-2011, 09:58 PM
A little surprising that he was not killed in prison. Like Jeffrey Dahmer.

I guess I'd try to find some really nasty gang types who have a contact in the prison. One of those guys could take him out.

NJCardFan would probably have a better take on how they protected him in prison. My guess is that they kept him out of general population until he was old enough and tough enough to fend for himself, but regardless, letting him out is criminal. There are some acts that are so heinous, that the perpetrator should be locked away forever from the sight of man.

Tipsycatlover
11-19-2011, 11:59 PM
This man is going to EXPLODE in violence. He's going to go on a killing spree like Ted Bundy did when he was locked up for a time.

He is gonna go off like an atom bomb.

CueSi
11-20-2011, 04:18 AM
The dad should kill him in as horrible a manner as possible, and then cop a plea in order to spare everyone the details of a gruesome trial. Perhaps one count of animal cruelty, instead of homicide.

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzpwOti8XrM

If you haven't seen the movie, naked man ass at like 7:52ish.

I mean, yea, Gerry's a bad guy in this one, but . . . if they didn't rape and kill the shit out of and his wife and kid... he wouldn't kill nobody.

~QC

Odysseus
11-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzpwOti8XrM

If you haven't seen the movie, naked man ass at like 7:52ish.

I mean, yea, Gerry's a bad guy in this one, but . . . if they didn't rape and kill the shit out of and his wife and kid... he wouldn't kill nobody.

~QC

I am sensing a slight disconnect in your approach to the OP. :D

Kay
11-20-2011, 11:21 AM
naked man ass at like 7:52ish.

And a fine ass it was too!

CueSi
11-20-2011, 02:37 PM
I am sensing a slight disconnect in your approach to the OP. :D

Jus' a li'l bit. :p

Hey, if someone's got Law Abiding Citizen fantasies upon a piece of human garbage like Woodmansee. . . I can't say I blame 'em and I'll even indulge them a little bit.

I know if I Woodmansee turned up dead, and I know who/where/how, I admit I'd be hard pressed to say something. And it's not the first time where someone that no one likes ended up dead and no one said anything on their behalf (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_McElroy).

~QC

AmPat
11-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Jus' a li'l bit. :p

Hey, if someone's got Law Abiding Citizen fantasies upon a piece of human garbage like Woodmansee. . . I can't say I blame 'em and I'll even indulge them a little bit.

I know if I Woodmansee turned up dead, and I know who/where/how, I admit I'd be hard pressed to say something. And it's not the first time where someone that no one likes ended up dead and no one said anything on their behalf (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_McElroy).

~QC

Trena sounds like a real skank. What a catch. To the town of Skidmore:
:toast:
:thumbsup:
:applause:

CueSi
11-21-2011, 08:52 PM
Trena sounds like a real skank. What a catch. To the town of Skidmore:
:toast:
:thumbsup:
:applause:

I actually feel sorry for Trena McElroy,especially at first. Ken Rex was after her as a 12 year old girl. Dude, that kid was a victim of rape and the town did nothing about it because they were scared of him and let him force himself on her and BURNED HER PARENTS HOUSE DOWN AND KILLED HER PETS WHEN SHE RAN AWAY FROM HIM.

She may be a skank NOW. . . but - - dude, If it wern't for Ken Rex, my guess is she wouldn't be.

~QC

AmPat
11-21-2011, 10:11 PM
I actually feel sorry for Trena McElroy,especially at first. Ken Rex was after her as a 12 year old girl. Dude, that kid was a victim of rape and the town did nothing about it because they were scared of him and let him force himself on her and BURNED HER PARENTS HOUSE DOWN AND KILLED HER PETS WHEN SHE RAN AWAY FROM HIM.

She may be a skank NOW. . . but - - dude, If it wern't for Ken Rex, my guess is she wouldn't be.

~QC

Originally yes, she was worthy of sympathy. She grew up after her repeated raping and decided that her rapist's death was so heinous that she sued the town that executed her rapist. She lost any sympathy from me at that point.:cool:

Odysseus
11-22-2011, 11:35 AM

~QC
According to Nova, her parents gave consent, so it's all good.

Originally yes, she was worthy of sympathy. She grew up after her repeated raping and decided that her rapist's death was so heinous that she sued the town that executed her rapist. She lost any sympathy from me at that point.:cool:

I have a hard time judging her. The people who should have protected her abandoned her to a monster. She had every right to sue the town, but there's no cause of action for cowardice in the face of bullying, so this is the closest thing that she will get to justice. I can see her attitude as basically saying, "you chickens gave me to him, you can pay me for his death."

AmPat
11-22-2011, 11:44 AM
According to Nova, her parents gave consent, so it's all good.

I have a hard time judging her. The people who should have protected her abandoned her to a monster. She had every right to sue the town, but there's no cause of action for cowardice in the face of bullying, so this is the closest thing that she will get to justice. I can see her attitude as basically saying, "you chickens gave me to him, you can pay me for his death."

Hmmmm? Pondering. I didn't look at it like that. If she was "outraged," by the killing of her rapist, she gets no sympathy. If she was seeking to punish the initial cowardice, I'd be for that.:cool:

Kay
11-22-2011, 01:36 PM
I tend to agree with Ampat. I don't have a lot of sympathy for her as a victim. Unless he kept her locked up in a cage she had opportunities to get away. She could have left him sooner .... or slit his throat in the middle of the night.

CueSi
11-22-2011, 02:14 PM

This. They should have put that asshole down a long time ago. But between this and Pedo State, wait,I mean Penn state ,it comes down to this - - humans are cowards. We don't want to be, but we are.

~QC

Odysseus
11-22-2011, 03:20 PM
I tend to agree with Ampat. I don't have a lot of sympathy for her as a victim. Unless he kept her locked up in a cage she had opportunities to get away. She could have left him sooner .... or slit his throat in the middle of the night.

She tried to.

Sixteen days after Trena gave birth to a son, she and Alice fled with their children, hoping to find a haven with Trena’s mother and stepfather. But McElroy tracked them down within hours and, at gunpoint, forced them back home.

McElroy first beat Alice savagely. He then held a rifle on Trena and forced her to strip and perform demeaning sex acts. Next, he and Trena drove to her mother and stepfather’s house. The couple was away for the afternoon. McElroy went inside with a can of gasoline and a rifle. He shot the couple’s dog, poured gas throughout the house and lit it on fire. The building was destroyed.

She was twelve years old when the town let him take her. If the local sheriff couldn't be bothered to protect her, the school couldn't be bothered to and her parents couldn't physically do it, and all of the other tough guys in town were too cowed to act, then expecting her to Rambo up isn't exactly realistic. She was a victim of a monster and a town that didn't have the courage to stop him. The telling detail to me was this one:

On the morning of July 10, 1981, after his appeal hearing was again delayed, townspeople met at the Legion Hall in the center of town with Sheriff Estes to discuss how to protect themselves. During the meeting, McElroy arrived at the D&G Tavern with Trena. As he sat drinking at the bar, word got back to the men at the Legion Hall that he was in town. After telling the assembled group not to get in a direct confrontation with McElroy, but instead seriously consider forming a Neighborhood Watch Program, Sheriff Estes jumped in his police cruiser and drove out of town.

Real profile in courage there.

Kay
11-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Well I have to admit I didn't read the whole story word for word. I just skimmed though the headlines. From your post above Ody, this sounds like the Clint Eastwood movie Pale Rider. Sounds like the whole town should be painted red and made to face their sins of looking the other way.

I still have zero sympathy though. It would not be in my nature to stand by and let someone like that just run rampant right before my eyes to use and abuse. If the sherriff drove off out of town and was too wimpy to act I would have shot him. Especially when he shot the dog and burned the house. It would have been an act of self defense at that level of threat. I may be a lot of things, but abused will never be one of them. I guess it comes down to the way a person's raised but even at 12 in that situation I believe I'd have found a way to kill him or would have died trying.

I can't even process and understand this type of story.

Odysseus
11-23-2011, 12:01 AM
Well I have to admit I didn't read the whole story word for word. I just skimmed though the headlines. From your post above Ody, this sounds like the Clint Eastwood movie Pale Rider. Sounds like the whole town should be painted red and made to face their sins of looking the other way.

I still have zero sympathy though. It would not be in my nature to stand by and let someone like that just run rampant right before my eyes to use and abuse. If the sherriff drove off out of town and was too wimpy to act I would have shot him. Especially when he shot the dog and burned the house. It would have been an act of self defense at that level of threat. I may be a lot of things, but abused will never be one of them. I guess it comes down to the way a person's raised but even at 12 in that situation I believe I'd have found a way to kill him or would have died trying.

That was High Plains Drifter. Pale Rider was the one in the mining town.

But, yeah, the whole town seems to be a little slice of hell.

Kay
11-23-2011, 12:05 AM
Oh yes, it was High Plains Drifter. Thanks for the correction.
It does sound almost like a movie plot here, for a whole town
To be held hostage like that by just 1 bully.

Odysseus
11-23-2011, 10:57 AM
Oh yes, it was High Plains Drifter. Thanks for the correction.
It does sound almost like a movie plot here, for a whole town
To be held hostage like that by just 1 bully.

It was. That was a major part of the plot of The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056217/synopsis)

So, what should be done with Woodmansee?

I have come to the conclusion that any homicide sentence involving a child murder should include the remainder of the life expectancy of the victim in addition to the sentence imposed by the law. That way, the survivors aren't forced to see a murderer freed during the time when their loved one would have still been alive. The life expectancy of the average American is about 65 years, so if we subtract the age of the victim, we get the minimum addition to the sentence, which would have been 60 years in this case. In the case of multiple victims, the youngest victim would be the minimum if the sentence is to be served concurrently. The 25 year minimum that the plea bargain allowed would be added to the 65 years, resulting in a 90 year sentence. Of course, I'd have executed the SOB, but since liberals won't permit that, they can explain why child murderers should be released from prison before their victims would have gone to their first prom.

AmPat
11-23-2011, 11:03 AM

The Sheriff is detestable on many levels but he may have driven out of town in an obvious show to the assembled that the law was exiting the AO and therefore could not bear witness to the ensuing execution. I haven't seen the movie but Brian Dennehy plays a pretty good creep.

Kay
11-23-2011, 11:57 AM
I didn't know there was movie about this. I'll have to watch for it.

I heard on the radio this morning a story about a man breaking in and attacking a woman in her home. Her 11 year old son grabbed his BB gun and shot the guy 4 times in the face. This had a happy ending, but even with the possibility of the mother & son still ending up dead, at least the 11 year old was not going down without a fight and trying to defend himself.

Kay
11-27-2011, 11:49 PM
Ah I finally ran across a link to the story I mentioned above
Where the 10 year old fights off an attacker. :cool:

http://www.king5.com/news/cities/bellingham/10-year-old-shoots-attacker-BB-gun-134340168.html