PDA

View Full Version : Dems: Obama Should Abandon Run for 2nd Term

Janice
11-20-2011, 10:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/aCeCr.jpg

Democratic Pollsters: Obama Should Abandon Run for Second Term (http://nationaljournal.com/2012-presidential-campaign/democratic-pollsters-obama-should-abandon-run-for-second-term-20111120)

President Obama should abandon his run for a second term and turn over the reins of the Democratic Party to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, two one-time Democratic pollsters wrote in Monday's Wall Street Journal, which appeared online Sunday.

Patrick H. Caddell and Douglas E. Schoen argued that just as Harry Truman and Lyndon Johnson decided not to pursue additional runs though they could have, Obama should do the same.

“He should abandon his candidacy for re-election in favor of a clear alternative, one capable not only of saving the Democratic Party, but more important, of governing effectively and in a way that preserves the most important of the president's accomplishments. He should step aside for the one candidate who would become, by acclamation, the nominee of the Democratic Party: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton,”Caddell and Schoen wrote. >>>

This is not the first time Caddell and Schoen have made this argument. They wrote in November 2010 in The Washington Post that they “do not come to this conclusion lightly. But it is clear, we believe, that the president has largely lost the consent of the governed.”

------------------------------------------------------

Uh oh ... are the dims starting to wake up?

:popcorn:

Janice
11-20-2011, 11:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB4b11_LREA

Thrill Is Gone? Matthews Turns On Obama; 'I Hear Stories That You Would Not Believe'

-----------------------------------------------

"Like little kids with propellers on their heads ..."

Rockntractor
11-20-2011, 11:56 PM
Hopefully Obama runs, Hillary would be harder to beat.

Elspeth
11-21-2011, 12:06 AM
This will never happen. I wonder what the motivation is here. I'm guessing that they realize how much Obama has pissed off the left. They're worried about a Green Party run?

Janice
11-21-2011, 12:09 AM
Hopefully Obama runs, Hillary would be harder to beat.

I dont think the conceit of this narcissist, egomaniac would easily concede .. to the Hildebeast or to anyone else. That was the message when he started campaigning early on as he did. Braggin on his billion dollar war chest. And besides that ... the blacks would never believe that he wasn't forced out and she would lose the black vote ... and the election. No, this American hating marxist is the "tar baby" of the democrat party. The black voters would go ballistic imho.

I say bring on the white female double of 0bama. Make my day. :cool:

noonwitch
11-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Pat Caddell is hardly a democrat, these days.

AmPat
11-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Pat Caddell is hardly a democrat, these days.

DIMoRATS are hardly Democrats these days. Hanging on to past values that DIMS once possessed is counter productive. It is the party of the full fledged nut cases and the marginally insane. It is the party of special interest and the deviants. The party needs to be flushed down the sewer of history for good. Fortunately, the media can no longer hide the DIMoCRAP "values" and make excuses for them effectively. The public has seen the true face of the DIMoRAT party and they don't like it. The 2010 election was a warm up act compared to the headliner on 2012. Stand by for an old fashioned @$$ whipping at the polls! A reckoning is coming!!!

Arroyo_Doble
11-21-2011, 11:09 AM
I think there are some who still haven't gotten over the defeat of Clinton it the 2008 primary.

AmPat
11-21-2011, 11:23 AM
I think there are some who still haven't gotten over the defeat of Clinton it the 2008 primary.

Like Howard Yee Hah Dean, she could never overcome her Witch-like Cackle. Nevertheless, she (or anybody else), could never have screwed the country up as bad as the One who must never be vetted, just vote for an unspecified Hope and Change and fundamental transformation.

DumbAss Tanker
11-21-2011, 01:33 PM
This will never happen.

GMTA. He has 'Waaaaaay too much ego for this, far too many DemonRat powerbrokers and kingmakers are irrevocably invested in him, and the optics of it would be an admission of abject failure that would still poison Hitlery's candidacy.

Plus, the Black voters would sit it out in droves over the perception of backstabbing.

noonwitch
11-21-2011, 01:57 PM
DIMoRATS are hardly Democrats these days. Hanging on to past values that DIMS once possessed is counter productive. It is the party of the full fledged nut cases and the marginally insane. It is the party of special interest and the deviants. The party needs to be flushed down the sewer of history for good. Fortunately, the media can no longer hide the DIMoCRAP "values" and make excuses for them effectively. The public has seen the true face of the DIMoRAT party and they don't like it. The 2010 election was a warm up act compared to the headliner on 2012. Stand by for an old fashioned @$$ whipping at the polls! A reckoning is coming!!!

And the republicans have become the party of the religious fanatics and corporate America. Their "values" are not any more popular with the average american than the democrats'.

Elspeth
11-21-2011, 03:54 PM
GMTA. He has 'Waaaaaay too much ego for this, far too many DemonRat powerbrokers and kingmakers are irrevocably invested in him, and the optics of it would be an admission of abject failure that would still poison Hitlery's candidacy.

Plus, the Black voters would sit it out in droves over the perception of backstabbing.

Check, check and check.

You hit all the key points.

AmPat
11-21-2011, 04:07 PM
And the republicans have become the party of the religious fanatics and corporate America. Their "values" are not any more popular with the average american than the democrats'.

No, the GOP has a few shared values with the values oriented people that tend to go to Church. Boy, I'd think that would be a reflection of something good, and cherished they see in the GOP. What do you think is the reason they aren't associated with the DIMoRAT Party?

The party of "corporate America" associated with the GOP? I suppose you mean only those that produce goods that are cheap and affordable to Americans. You cannot be referring to those corporations that back O Blah Blah, a Marxist DIMoRAT, and receive illegal transfers of taxpayer money? No, you can't be serious. Government Motors and Solyndra are only the tip of the iceberg. O Blah Blah is in hte pocket of more corporations than the entire GOP.

Rockntractor
11-21-2011, 04:12 PM
The party of "corporate America" associated with the GOP? I suppose you mean only those that produce goods that are cheap and affordable to Americans. You cannot be referring to those corporations that back O Blah Blah, a Marxist DIMoRAT, and receive illegal transfers of taxpayer money? No, you can't be serious. Government Motors and Solyndra are only the tip of the iceberg. O Blah Blah is in hte pocket of more corporations than the entire GOP.

An old stereotype with no basis in fact that they like to dust off and march with when they have nothing else.

AmPat
11-21-2011, 04:24 PM
An old stereotype with no basis in fact that they like to dust off and march with when they have nothing else.

Yep, just correcting our religiously fanatical resident liberal.;)

DumbAss Tanker
11-21-2011, 07:22 PM
The only corporations the national Democrat leadership hates are the small ones. They don't even hate WalMart, they just zip their lips and feign a look of interested concern when their radicalized frothing-at-the-mouth, Mother-Jones-reading, FSTV-watching hard Left rank and file start going off on it, to provide the illusion of support for the benefit of their tools, without any actual substance which might impair the flow of megacorporate quasi-bribes to their own coffers and those of their 'good friends' and relatives.

txradioguy
11-22-2011, 05:29 AM

Then explain why the plurality of Americans consider themselves conservative or somewhat conservative and only 25% of Americans identify themselves as Liberal?

Your talking point bullshit may fly at DU but a simple review of the facts show you're completely full of shit when you post things like that DUmmie.

noonwitch
11-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Then explain why the plurality of Americans consider themselves conservative or somewhat conservative and only 25% of Americans identify themselves as Liberal?

Your talking point bullshit may fly at DU but a simple review of the facts show you're completely full of shit when you post things like that DUmmie.

The vast majority of americans are moderates. Of course only 25% consider themselves liberal and more consider themselves to be conservative. But when you ask them about the actual issues, they show themselves to be moderates.

In the 70s, I would have been a swing voter, because I am a liberal to moderate voter. The GOP still had candidates that I would have voted for. I liked Barry Goldwater. I also liked Gerald Ford, William Milliken, and others that you call RINOs. I like Condi Rice. Run her for president, and I'll vote for her over pretty much any democrat.

Janice
11-22-2011, 01:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/P3aIy.jpg

Hillary Equals Obama (http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/jeffcarter/2011/11/22/hillary_equals_obama/page/full/)

Democrats are scrambling. What must their internal poll numbers look like? Today in the WSJ, two Democratic pollsters said that for the good of the party, Obama must not run again. Even far left wing opinion leader Chris Matthews got a tingle and criticized the President.

Many Democrats are crying out for Hillary. The problem is, Hillary is Obama. She was an integral part of his administration-both foreign policy and domestic policy. Going back to 2008, what was different in her platform than Obamaís? She would have had the same advisors. She wanted universal taxpayer health care. She would have been for Dodd-Frank, and all the spending. Nothing would have been different.

Obama is not LBJ. LBJ was a genius when it came to politics. He didnít need to put his finger up in the wind to find out what was going on. Instinctively, he knew. >>>

Obama is more comfortable ruling by edict than ruling by consensus. He lacks the persuasive skills of an LBJ to get it done. Aloof. Indecisive. Believer in government, not people. Doesnít really care about all of America, only that he puts into action policies that strengthen Democratic Party principles. He would be a better dictator than he is a President. >>>

Social issues take a back seat to everything when no one has a job. We really canít talk about them until people feel secure about putting food on the table.

In 2008, McCain made a huge mistake when he acknowledged economics wasnít his strong suit. Obama wasnít strong in economics either. We didnít know it then, we know for certain today. Thatís why the market cannot sustain a rally, and the economy canít sustain momentum forward.
Obama and people that think like him need to go, that includes Hillary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

There we go folks. The far left is now contemplating whether to go for stupid (0'dummy) or evil (the Hildebeast). What a quandary.

:popcorn:

txradioguy
11-22-2011, 01:53 PM
The vast majority of americans are moderates. Of course only 25% consider themselves liberal and more consider themselves to be conservative. But when you ask them about the actual issues, they show themselves to be moderates.

As usual...you're utterly and completely wrong.

Gallup: 54% Of Likely Voters Call Themselves Conservative

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2010/10/08/130430857/gallup-54-of-likely-voters-call-themselves-conservative

More People Consider Themselves Conservative Today Than at Any Time Since 1994

http://thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/gallup-conservative1-e1312219959556.gif

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2011/08/more-people-consider-themselves-conservative-today-than-at-any-time-since-1994/

In the 70s, I would have been a swing voter, because I am a liberal to moderate voter.

My guess is you've voted straight party Dem since Kennedy. In the 70's you went all out for Carter...never once considering voting for a RINO like Ford.

In the 80's you were a Mondale...Dukakis and Clinton voter.

I know this not because I've seen your voting record...but by your actions and your words here and the fact you're a card carrying DUmmie.

You're not a Moderate...you don't even know what the term is.

ironhorsedriver
11-22-2011, 03:00 PM
I don't agree. I'm not a religious fanatic. I certainly am not greater corporate America. What I am is a Patriotic Veteran, who believes in my Country, and the people being able to do for themselves. Certainly much better than the Government telling them how to live. I believe we should use the natural resources provided us, not be at the will of foreign governments. And guess what, I am angry at Corporations, like Obama's favorite, GE, that pay 0 taxes, while shipping jobs overseas. I'm peeved at bank bailouts. I'm really peeved at a Government that orders banks to make sub-prime loans, that aren't going to get payed back. What I am is am American, who believes in our Constitution, just as it was written, You know, the one that made this the greatest Country on Earth.

Janice
11-22-2011, 03:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yBU34.jpg

I think the far left have a slightly diff approach to our founders, our founding documents and our country as a whole before the current "fundamental transformation" has been enacted.

Lots to do. .. so little time. Gotta hurry before the sheeple figure it out. /s

:democrat:

noonwitch
11-22-2011, 04:56 PM
As usual...you're utterly and completely wrong.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2010/10/08/130430857/gallup-54-of-likely-voters-call-themselves-conservative

http://thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/gallup-conservative1-e1312219959556.gif

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2011/08/more-people-consider-themselves-conservative-today-than-at-any-time-since-1994/

My guess is you've voted straight party Dem since Kennedy. In the 70's you went all out for Carter...never once considering voting for a RINO like Ford.
l
In the 80's you were a Mondale...Dukakis and Clinton voter.

I know this not because I've seen your voting record...but by your actions and your words here and the fact you're a card carrying DUmmie.

You're not a Moderate...you don't even know what the term is.

For your information, I was not old enough to vote until 1982. If I had been able to vote in 1980, I would have voted for John Anderson, a republican who ran as an independent. Although I was in middle school for the 76 election, I grew up in Grand Rapids-even democrats in GR voted for their homie.

Yeah, I voted against Reagan in 1984. Unfortunately, that meant voting for Mondale. Reaganomics were not exactly kind to my state. Clinton was not my first choice in the primaries-in 1992, I voted for Tsongas. He died at some point during Clinton's presidency-I don't remember if it was during the first or second term. Tsongas struck me as a good guy who was running out of a sense of public service, and not for seeking power and glory.

I'm a pro-choice voter. Just as you won't vote for someone you think will take your right to carry firearms, I'm not going to vote for someone who wants to make the law of the land recognize a fetus' rights over those of the woman carrying it.

A moderate is a RINO or a DINO, someone who doesn't always fit in with the ideological purity of their chosen political affiliation. That's me. I'm a capitalist who thinks abortion should be legal. The DUmmies hate me because I have a job. The extreme conservatives hate me because they think I'm a baby killer. There are a lot more americans like me than at either sides' extremes.

AmPat
11-22-2011, 05:07 PM
I'm a pro-choice voter. Just as you won't vote for someone you think will take your right to carry firearms, I'm not going to vote for someone who wants to make the law of the land recognize a fetus' rights over those of the woman carrying it.Typical liberal BS.

Women don't have the right to take a life simply because they failed to keep their legs closed. You try to make it sound as if the great majority of baby murders are a choice between life of the mother or the baby. I suppose if calling the baby a "fetus" salves your conscience, go ahead. That won't get you far with an an Almighty God.

Voting to keep a Constitutional right is not the same as pro baby murder. I can choose to not pull the trigger and still maintain a right to carry a weapon. The pro baby slaughter crowd can choose to keep their legs closed or several other options. In the EXTREMELY rare instance of impregnation through rape, there is the option of adoption.

NJCardFan
11-22-2011, 11:06 PM
I dont think the conceit of this narcissist, egomaniac would easily concede .. to the Hildebeast or to anyone else. That was the message when he started campaigning early on as he did. Braggin on his billion dollar war chest. And besides that ... the blacks would never believe that he wasn't forced out and she would lose the black vote ... and the election. No, this American hating marxist is the "tar baby" of the democrat party. The black voters would go ballistic imho.

I say bring on the white female double of 0bama. Make my day. :cool:
Never. Never. Never. She may not garner 95% of the black vote like Obama did(because after all with most blacks it's race first all else a distant 2nd), not likely more than a few % of black voters would stray far from the plantation. In the biggest landslide of my lifetime(Reagan over Mondale), Reagan only carried 9% of the black vote. So don't think blacks will all of a sudden start voting Republican.

NJCardFan
11-22-2011, 11:59 PM
I'm a pro-choice voter. Just as you won't vote for someone you think will take your right to carry firearms, I'm not going to vote for someone who wants to make the law of the land recognize a fetus' rights over those of the woman carrying it.
Which one of those is protected in the defining document of this country and which one is only an issue for people who lack the ability of personal responsibility?

Janice
11-23-2011, 12:17 AM
So don't think blacks will all of a sudden start voting Republican.

I agree. My contention is that many of them simply will not vote at all. But its kinda fun watching the left get all worked up over the empty suit they've worked so hard to enshrine. Hillary or no. The shiny new coin they were all excited about is starting to look a little tarnished. And not by us ... but by themselves. But I think many of the "moderates" will swing to the right this next election if the 010 election is any indicator. They too are realizing the shiny coin wasnt gold at all. Just a shiny little copper piece at best. And its already lookin old imho.

:cool: