http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut8jnj4ESv8

Great example of how to create disgruntled soldiers

Who pats down the TSA agents?:confused:

Rockntractor
11-22-2011, 01:11 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/aria101203_cmyk.jpg

NJCardFan
11-22-2011, 01:32 PM
You know the best way to be left alone going through airport security? Dressing like this:
http://wapedia.mobi/thumb/94cd509/en/fixed/470/313/Takbir_of_prayer.jpg?format=jpg

Rockntractor
11-22-2011, 01:40 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/pat_down.jpg

txradioguy
11-22-2011, 01:46 PM
They've been patting us down since 2003. Had to take off my dog tags...belt...boots and other various stuff just getting home from Iraq I felt like a stripper.

Rockntractor
11-22-2011, 01:49 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/LIBERTY2527S2BPAT2BDOWN.jpg

Witmaster
11-23-2011, 12:11 AM
They've been patting us down since 2003. Had to take off my dog tags...belt...boots and other various stuff just getting home from Iraq I felt like a stripper.

I remember in 2008, coming home from Iraq, the TSA agents in El Paso tried to make the CSM surrender the Battalion Colors and put them in the cargo hold. Their "reasoning" was that the guidon pole could be used as a "spear".

I’m surprised their video surveillance didn’t make a highlight real on some news network.

In the end, we were allowed to take the colors on the aircraft provided we removed them from the guidon pole. It was silly, yet sad to see such disdain towards us from these agents of “homeland security’.

Kay
11-23-2011, 12:26 AM
This used to irritate me every time my son flew in and out when he was active duty.
He always got pulled aside and subjected to extra searches. :mad:

Kay
11-23-2011, 12:33 AM
I remember in 2008, coming home from Iraq, the TSA agents in El Paso tried to make the CSM surrender the Battalion Colors and put them in the cargo hold. Their "reasoning" was that the guidon pole could be used as a "spear".

As a passenger I'd feel a lot safer knowing there was a military guy with a spear riding shot gun on my plane.
It is just ridiculous and insane the way the TSA reverse profiles.

NJCardFan
11-23-2011, 12:56 AM
As a passenger I'd feel a lot safer knowing there was a military guy with a spear riding shot gun on my plane.
It is just ridiculous and insane the way the TSA reverse profiles.

What makes me laugh is when they scrutinize the pilots. I mean, if a pilot wants to hijack a plane, all he has to do is turn the wheel.

AmPat
11-23-2011, 09:15 AM
This used to irritate me every time my son flew in and out when he was active duty.
He always got pulled aside and subjected to extra searches. :mad:

They pulled me out of line while I was on travel orders, in uniform. I had my flight helmet with me and they told me to take it apart. I told them "no," and if they wanted to take it apart, go get a supervisor and a hand receipt he can sign. If he still wanted it taken apart, he could sign for it and take responsibility for the potential damage to the $12,000 dollar item. They decided that my helmet wasn't such a "dangerous item" after all.:cool:

I guess there was a heightened alert for US Soldiers attacking Cincinnati that day.:rolleyes:

Bailey
11-23-2011, 09:24 AM
I don't mind them patting down Muzzie service people, thats just common sense

Molon Labe
11-23-2011, 09:59 AM
What makes me laugh is when they scrutinize the pilots. I mean, if a pilot wants to hijack a plane, all he has to do is turn the wheel.

Yeah...when they pat a pilot down....what are they saying about their own hiring practices? :confused:

NJCardFan
11-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Yeah...when they pat a pilot down....what are they saying about their own hiring practices? :confused:

I remember hearing a guy on the radio say that he was going through security and he had 2 unopened bottles of water and the TSA wouldn't let him through because supposedly at the time you were only allowed 1. Well, off to the side was a pilot drinking his coffee. He wasn't allowed to bring his coffee through because it was an opened beverage. This is what happens when you put the government in charge of anything. There was nothing wrong with airport security pre-9/11.

Odysseus
11-23-2011, 03:34 PM
I remember hearing a guy on the radio say that he was going through security and he had 2 unopened bottles of water and the TSA wouldn't let him through because supposedly at the time you were only allowed 1. Well, off to the side was a pilot drinking his coffee. He wasn't allowed to bring his coffee through because it was an opened beverage. This is what happens when you put the government in charge of anything. There was nothing wrong with airport security pre-9/11.

There were lots of things wrong with airport security pre-9/11, as 9/11 proved, but Washington hasn't fixed those things. Disarming every passenger on an aircraft guarantees that they will be vulnerable to the one person who manages to defeat the systems in place, and somebody will always defeat the system, because it cannot anticipate every possible response. Polymer knives, for example, don't set off metal detectors, but can be carried without any trouble. Some of them even come disguised as everyday items, like combs, and no X-ray machine will pick them up.

When we did our first PCS move after 9/11, the TSA patted down our infant daughter and our cat. The security backlog was so bad that we almost missed our flight, and had to run the length of LAX to our gate before we had time to get our shoes back on. Of course, we were traveling under orders, but that made no difference.

CueSi
11-23-2011, 11:07 PM

http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/jpg/misc-female-seriously.jpg

If they pat you down and leave you feeling degraded... Damn.

~QC

NJCardFan
11-24-2011, 01:10 AM
There were lots of things wrong with airport security pre-9/11, as 9/11 proved, but Washington hasn't fixed those things. Disarming every passenger on an aircraft guarantees that they will be vulnerable to the one person who manages to defeat the systems in place, and somebody will always defeat the system, because it cannot anticipate every possible response. Polymer knives, for example, don't set off metal detectors, but can be carried without any trouble. Some of them even come disguised as everyday items, like combs, and no X-ray machine will pick them up.

When we did our first PCS move after 9/11, the TSA patted down our infant daughter and our cat. The security backlog was so bad that we almost missed our flight, and had to run the length of LAX to our gate before we had time to get our shoes back on. Of course, we were traveling under orders, but that made no difference.

But how many incidents of knives being used pre-9/11 were there? And the extra BS we go through now was because overseas security was lax, not ours. Richard Reid's flight originated in Paris. The underwear bomber was from Amsterdam IIRC. The issue with the potential liquid explosive, London(again IIRC). But the issue here is that once the government took over, it became the bastion of political correctness. I don't care how many 8 year olds or grannies on walkers they feel up, it won't make me feel any safer. However, if they have 4 or 5 Middle Eastern looking men between the ages of 18-50 being scrutinized, THAT would make me feel safer.

Starbuck
11-24-2011, 09:09 AM
Our greatest security asset, I believe, is the ire and suspicion of the general public. On one hand some government officials seem to know this and encourage it, but on the other hand they seem not to trust the public to act in the public's own good. So they 'help' us.:rolleyes:

Witmaster
11-24-2011, 10:58 AM
I remember back in 1998 when I returned from Bosnia. Myself and 2 other soldiers were traveling together back to Benning. We landed at ATL Int. and proceeded through International Customs.

Now... Back then we traveled with our weapons... hand carried. I was carrying everyone weapon (3 M-16's and a M203 grenade launcher). slung over both shoulders while the other two handled the baggage. (Keep in mind we WERE in uniform.

As we proceeded up to the customs agent, the nice lady looked me in the eye and asked (I shit you not...) "Do you have any HANDGUNS to declare?"

I replied, "No ma'am, just 3 machine guns and a grenade launcher."

She looked at me, smiled and said, "Welcome Home." and let us pass without a second thought.

How times have changed....

Odysseus
11-24-2011, 02:09 PM
But how many incidents of knives being used pre-9/11 were there? And the extra BS we go through now was because overseas security was lax, not ours. Richard Reid's flight originated in Paris. The underwear bomber was from Amsterdam IIRC. The issue with the potential liquid explosive, London(again IIRC). But the issue here is that once the government took over, it became the bastion of political correctness. I don't care how many 8 year olds or grannies on walkers they feel up, it won't make me feel any safer. However, if they have 4 or 5 Middle Eastern looking men between the ages of 18-50 being scrutinized, THAT would make me feel safer.
There hadn't been any, because the goal of terrorists was to either destroy the aircraft remotely or hijack it for ransom/demands. The 9/11 terrorist acts demonstrated that the bad guys had figured out what we were prepared to defend against, and worked the system. The protocols at the time were inadequate, because the terrorist paradigm had evolved. Airline security prior to 9/11 was fundamentally flawed, and the changes made after the fact have only exacerbated the flaws. The last line of defense against a terrorist is a passenger who is free to defend himself and who carries the means to do so. Taking away nail clippers makes us less safe, because it distracts us from real threats. Diffusing scrutiny makes us less safe, because it makes it harder to focus on the real threats.

You are definitely correct about the lack of oversight in foreign airports, but the only way to control that is to have airlines flying into the US adopt US standards of security, which we could easily do through the simple expedient of withholding clearance to those airlines that don't comply.

Also, the PC idiocy that dictates that we treat geriatric nuns as potential terrorists and give imams who ask for seat belt extenders and do everything within their power to act the part of terrorists a pass is absurd. 9/11 was carried out by Muslims in the name of Islam, with the intent of forcing America out of the Middle East so that their fellow jihadis would have a freer hand in overthrowing our allies and creating their caliphate. A troopie returning from Iraq isn't a part of that problem, he's part of the solution.

I remember back in 1998 when I returned from Bosnia. Myself and 2 other soldiers were traveling together back to Benning. We landed at ATL Int. and proceeded through International Customs.

Now... Back then we traveled with our weapons... hand carried. I was carrying everyone weapon (3 M-16's and a M203 grenade launcher). slung over both shoulders while the other two handled the baggage. (Keep in mind we WERE in uniform.

As we proceeded up to the customs agent, the nice lady looked me in the eye and asked (I shit you not...) "Do you have any HANDGUNS to declare?"

I replied, "No ma'am, just 3 machine guns and a grenade launcher."

She looked at me, smiled and said, "Welcome Home." and let us pass without a second thought.

How times have changed....

ROFLOL! The grenade launcher is the icing on the cake.

DumbAss Tanker
11-24-2011, 08:19 PM
After enduring decades of the highly intrusive indignity of the Army's routine urinalysis testing, I have to give this one a big "So what."