PDA

View Full Version : "Some Black people would be angry it would be reminiscent of the [1960s] riots"

megimoo
09-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Black Voters Fret Over Obama

An anxious murmur is rising among black voters as the presidential race tightens: What if Barack Obama loses? Black talk-show hosts and black-themed Web sites are being flooded with callers and bloggers reflecting a nervousness -- and anger -- over the campaign.

Black talk-show hosts and black-themed Web sites are being flooded with callers and bloggers reflecting a nervousness -- and anger -- over the campaign. Bev Smith, a nationally syndicated radio talk-show host, devoted her entire three-hour show Monday night to the question: "If Obama doesn't win, what will you think?"

"My audience is upset," she said in an interview. "Some people said they would be so angry it would be reminiscent of the [1960s] riots -- that is how despondent they would be."

Warren Ballentine, another nationally syndicated talk-show host, said: "Once Sarah Palin was picked and African-Americans saw the Republicans ignited again, they got worried. We are scared now."

The worries aren't universal. New York Gov. David Paterson, a Democrat, acknowledged the concerns about race. "I am hearing those jitters," he said. But he said many Democratic candidates have lost the presidential race in recent decades and "they were white candidates. African-Americans need to remember that."

snip

"There is so much about this campaign that people are taking very personally," said Lynette Clemetson, managing editor of Theroot.com, a Web site that she said attracts African-American professionals in their 30s and 40s. "A large part of this hope surrounding Obama is generational -- that he can crack through what some have long considered basic barriers. If he wins, it's the 'Hallelujah Chorus.'"

But the racial undertone of the campaign has some blacks -- and some whites -- unable to envision the Illinois senator losing the election without racism playing a role.

"If he loses, it will shake the very ground that we stand on mentally as far as what we need to be to succeed," said Robert Gordon, a 48-year-old engineering surveyor from Dallas. "From day one, we've been told to be a certain way, to be neat, intellectual, speak clearly. He is the symbol of what we were told to be by our parents and by society as a whole. If this doesn't work, what does that do to our psyche? What do I tell my sons?"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122107632937220473.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

GrumpyOldLady
09-12-2008, 11:48 AM
I predict Obama will win.

But if he doesn't - I am sure that there will be riots.

The racist assholes will destroy property and go out and murder - without giving it a second thought.

They'll get away with it too. Idiot chamerlain-esque lefties will say we have to forgive them and that the lawbreakers are right to be upset.

They'll get off.

We are stocking up on supplies.
We are 'typical white people who are clinging to our GUNS and our religion'.

I think it could get very nasty.

Bongo55
09-12-2008, 12:10 PM
if the ONE does lose and there are riots, the black community will ensure that a black person would not make it on another presidential ballot for generations. And that would be a true shame.

I also think that if the ONE does win and he makes us long for the jimma carter days, it would have the same effect.

cat714
09-12-2008, 01:23 PM
There is no doubt people will play the race card if Obie loses. I am so tired of hearing that crap. Just about every country has negative periods in their history. I'm sure some blacks don't realize that it was their own people who sold them into slavery. If they riot and destroy their neighborhoods so be it and I'm sure they'll come crying for government help just like they did after the LA riots.

Many in the black community seem to think there is something bad about speaking proper English, dressing professionally, going to college, having a good job and being an upstanding citizen. What the heck, shouldn't every citizen strive to be a productive member of society??? To do the opposite will only be hurting themselves, but I'm sure the so-called black leadership would want that. The Jessie Jackson types would not exist if they didn't keep playing the race card.

I don't have a problem with Obie's race, my issue is with his policies and what he stands for.

GrumpyOldLady
09-12-2008, 01:45 PM
I don't have a problem with Obie's race,.

No. But a lot of his followers have a problem with YOUR race!
A lot of the blacks following Obama hate whites.
I'm sure of it.

Blame whitey.

patriot45
09-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Well, might as well start the riots now. There will be a loser! You don't think there are black conservatives who think Nobama is horrible?

enslaved1
09-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Ah, yes, because we all know that the sole reason Obama may lose is his race, not because he isn't qualified for the job, or doesn't have any real plans for his presidency, or that what he does have isn't the change he's been promising. Or that his opponent is the best choice for America...ok that ones a stretch I know.. .

cat714
09-12-2008, 02:07 PM
No. But a lot of his followers have a problem with YOUR race!
A lot of the blacks following Obama hate whites.
I'm sure of it.

Blame whitey.

NO DOUBT.

Is Obama really black? I guess since he played that stupid rap song, he's a homie, right. "Vote fo' me beeotch Ya' dig?"