PDA

View Full Version : Newt gets a big endorsement...

marv
11-27-2011, 12:39 PM
The Manchester Union Leader (NH)...

http://legalinsurrection.com/2011/11/manchester-union-leader-endorses-newt/
(snip)

This newspaper endorses Newt Gingrich in the New Hampshire Presidential Primary.

(snip)

Readers of the Union Leader and Sunday News know that we donít back candidates based on popularity polls or big-shot backers.

(snip)

We donít have to agree with them on every issue. We would rather back someone with whom we may sometimes disagree than one who tells us what he thinks we want to hear.

(snip)

... Republican primary voters too often make the mistake of preferring an unattainable ideal...

(snip)The full article here (http://www.unionleader.com/doclib/2011endorsement.html#fitn).

Elspeth
11-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Now he has to decide if he is really running.

djones520
11-27-2011, 05:02 PM
Given how he's handled himself in the last couple of debates, I'm starting to think he'll be getting my support. It looks like Cain is a sinking ship unfortunately. The hatchet job the press did on him worked.

Janice
11-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Given how he's handled himself in the last couple of debates, I'm starting to think he'll be getting my support. It looks like Cain is a sinking ship unfortunately. The hatchet job the press did on him worked.

If and when Gingrich becomes the obvious front runner he too will get the in depth anal exam/ hatchet job that gives the appearance of being on a "sinking ship". Just as they did to Bachmann and then Cain.

Btw, they did this to Reagan against Carter. He was supposedly down by about 20 points! Then .. what happened? He won by a landslide!

Youve got to remember we are dealing with the liberal news media here. Anything they can do to discourage us, they are going to do. Anybody who becomes the front runner is going to "feel the heat" if they are remotely conservative. Unlike Romney or Huntsman. If one of them "takes the lead", their "anal exam" will not begin until after the nomination.

To count any one of these candidates out now because of "appearances" in the news media is just playing into their hands and letting them choose our candidate for us. Many ill informed voters may fall into that trap, but I doubt too many conservatives will at the end of the day. Any of our candidates are infinitely more qualified than the empty marxist suit. And anything can happen between now and the day we pull the lever imho.

djones520
11-27-2011, 07:41 PM
If and when Gingrich becomes the obvious front runner he too will get the in depth anal exam/ hatchet job that gives the appearance of being on a "sinking ship". Just as they did to Bachmann and then Cain.

Btw, they did this to Reagan against Carter. He was supposedly down by about 20 points! Then .. what happened? He won by a landslide!

Youve got to remember we are dealing with the liberal news media here. Anything they can do to discourage us, they are going to do. Anybody who becomes the front runner is going to "feel the heat" if they are remotely conservative. Unlike Romney or Huntsman. If one of them "takes the lead", their "anal exam" will not begin until after the nomination.

To count any one of these candidates out now because of "appearances" in the news media is just playing into their hands and letting them choose our candidate for us. Many ill informed voters may fall into that trap, but I doubt too many conservatives will at the end of the day. Any of our candidates are infinitely more qualified than the empty marxist suit. And anything can happen between now and the day we pull the lever imho.

Primaries and the general election are two differant beasts though. I think Cain still has a chance, but it's a long one now. Gingrich has been in the public eye long enough that there is little that they can bring out about him that isn't already known, and with the primaries starting in about a month I'd wager the current front runners are the ones who are going to be on top when the votes are going.

fettpett
11-28-2011, 11:19 AM
I think Cain has more support than is indicated...it's only a month or so till the first primaries and if he remains in the top 3 he'll be alright. it's going to be a long battle, and we could head into the Convention with no clear cut leader for the Nomination...first time since Regan

Molon Labe
11-28-2011, 12:01 PM

He IS the new frontrunner. It's all over the media.

Molon Labe
11-28-2011, 03:52 PM
The Union Leader.

The same NH Newspaper that endorsed McCain in 07' as a "conservative". :rolleyes:

I kind of like Joe Scarborough's take on Gingrich this morning. Pretty good look at his conservative credentials.

7 trillion Medicare D program
amnesty for illegals
mandatory health insurance (with an assist from Mark Halperin)
ties to Freddie Mac
his anti-global warming commercial with Nancy Pelosi,

and finished with a two-fer, saying that Gingrich ďflip-flops more than Mitt Romney. Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney should have a contest. Iím so dizzy.Ē

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/joe-scarborough-destroys-newt-gingrichs-conservative-principles/

Janice
11-28-2011, 06:33 PM
I would luv to see a Cain, Bachmann, Gingrich - in any combination ticket. And Perry too... but definately at the bottom. :cool:

Perilloux
11-29-2011, 10:25 AM
I tend to agree with you djones520, but really hope Janice is right. Cain is still my first choice. While Gingrich talks a great game, I have some serious issues with his stance on "climate change" & his apparent support for amnesty for illegals. I absolutely DO NOT want to vote for Romney.