PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain "reassessing" candidacy after affair claim

linda22003
11-29-2011, 01:51 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57332967-503544/herman-cain-reassessing-candidacy-after-affair-claim/

The Herman Cain campaign is "reassessing" its strategy in the wake of a woman's claim that she and Cain had engaged in a 13-year extramarital relationship, a senior staffer to the campaign told CBS News.

The staffer made the statement following reports that Cain told supporters Tuesday morning that he is reassessing whether to remain in the Republican presidential race.

On a five-minute conference call, Cain told his senior staff that he would make a decision on staying in the race "over the next several days," according to National Review.

And the Des Moines Register reports that Cain said on the call that he needs to decide if the affair allegation creates "too much of a cloud" for him to continue his run.

Starbuck
11-29-2011, 03:05 PM
I'm disappointed, but it is what it is.

Last night I "reassessed" my monthly contribution to his campaign. He can't win. And maybe he shouldn't.:(

marv
11-29-2011, 03:16 PM
The Democrat Party's Schutzstaffel ÜbergruppenFührer David Axelrod, and Politico's Sturmabteilung OberstgruppenFührer Jim Vandehei are just getting started. Just a bunch of Nazis. They cannot tolerate a conservative African-American like Cain, or a strong conservative woman like Palin, as a Republican presidential candidate. Their meme is that the Republican Party is the party only of old, rich, evil white men.

http://godfatherpolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Obama-Nazi.jpg

Eratta: The correct spelling in the pic should be Arschloch........heh, heh!

linda22003
11-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Now Newt Gingrich is moving up in the polls - I wonder if the Democrats will find any marital dirt on him??

Starbuck
11-29-2011, 04:00 PM
Now Newt Gingrich is moving up in the polls - I wonder if the Democrats will find any marital dirt on him??

If the Democrats don't his ex wives will!

Molon Labe
11-29-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm disappointed, but it is what it is.

Last night I "reassessed" my monthly contribution to his campaign. He can't win. And maybe he shouldn't.:(

Yep. It's highly unlikely that all these women are just out in some grand conspiracy against Cain. Even if it was, he must have one heck of a questionable past for this stuff to even surface

Molon Labe
11-29-2011, 04:07 PM

Funny how we are watching Cain crash based on "allegations".

Yet Newt basically screwed everything that walked while married 3 different times and is going to get a pass on it.

Do American's really have that short a memory?

linda22003
11-29-2011, 04:25 PM

Yet Newt basically screwed everything that walked while married 3 different times and is going to get a pass on it.

Not a short memory, but a "convenient" one. At this point for a lot of people, if a conservative could beat Romney, it wouldn't matter if he used to coach at Penn State or Syracuse.... if you know what I mean.

Adam Wood
11-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Yep. It's highly unlikely that all these women are just out in some grand conspiracy against Cain. Even if it was, he must have one heck of a questionable past for this stuff to even surfaceI'm still not really buying the sexual assault/harassment allegations. Those had entirely too much of an air of bullshit about them. Plus, they managed to just turn up and then vanish within the span of one week? No way. That's an orchestrated political attack.

This one, though, is far more plausible. Ongoing affair of a man who is frequently out of town is very plausible indeed. In fact, my father did exactly that back in the '70s and '80s. Carried on an affair for something like sixteen years. When you really stop and think about it, it's not really all that hard to do, from a logistical standpoint. And while I don't particularly care where someone sticks their willie, this does become a pretty big trust issue, AFAIC.

Odysseus
11-29-2011, 05:27 PM
I'm still not really buying the sexual assault/harassment allegations. Those had entirely too much of an air of bullshit about them. Plus, they managed to just turn up and then vanish within the span of one week? No way. That's an orchestrated political attack.

This one, though, is far more plausible. Ongoing affair of a man who is frequently out of town is very plausible indeed. In fact, my father did exactly that back in the '70s and '80s. Carried on an affair for something like sixteen years. When you really stop and think about it, it's not really all that hard to do, from a logistical standpoint. And while I don't particularly care where someone sticks their willie, this does become a pretty big trust issue, AFAIC.

That's pretty much my take. The other accounts, by women who were all out of Chicago, and who claimed fleeting contacts with Cain in which he just happened to grope them out of nowhere rang false. This one, OTOH, doesn't, for all of the reasons that you cited, plus the fact that Cain admitted that he knew the woman, but his wife did not, and there are numerous phone contacts between them. Plus, in the presence of a reporter, she called Cain and he called her back within minutes. Of course, Bill Clinton's numerous affairs didn't bother Democrats, who wanted to win at any cost, and lack any shame about how they do so, but Republicans tend to ask more of candidates, and if Cain cannot prove that this allegation is false, then this will probably end his campaign.

Adam Wood
11-29-2011, 07:14 PM
That's pretty much my take. The other accounts, by women who were all out of Chicago, and who claimed fleeting contacts with Cain in which he just happened to grope them out of nowhere rang false. This one, OTOH, doesn't, for all of the reasons that you cited, plus the fact that Cain admitted that he knew the woman, but his wife did not, and there are numerous phone contacts between them. Plus, in the presence of a reporter, she called Cain and he called her back within minutes. Of course, Bill Clinton's numerous affairs didn't bother Democrats, who wanted to win at any cost, and lack any shame about how they do so, but Republicans tend to ask more of candidates, and if Cain cannot prove that this allegation is false, then this will probably end his campaign.I doubt he's even going to try. My guess is that it's all over by morning, which really sucks.

And if this had been something that his wife knew about and sanctioned, then fine. Not my bag, but people can operate their marriages however the two of them please, AFAIC. But it seems pretty apparent to me that this is not the case at all, which makes it, again, a huge trust issue. And that's particularly big this time around: when you get down to it, conservatives are going to have to put a whole lot of trust into whoever we send to Pennsylvania Avenue. In the end, we got burned by Bush, and I for one am still smarting from that. The country as a whole doesn't trust Obama. God, if broken promises could be made into green energy, then we'd be off Middle Eastern oil tomorrow, just from what Obama has racked up.

The whole country really needs someone that they can trust this time.

Wei Wu Wei
11-29-2011, 09:50 PM
*sigh*

I've been hoping for a long time that Cain would win the Republican nomination but then again I always already knew it was wishful thinking

Novaheart
11-30-2011, 12:48 AM
If the Democrats don't his ex wives will!

The lectures on family values ought to be good.

Novaheart
11-30-2011, 12:48 AM
*sigh*

I've been hoping for a long time that Cain would win the Republican nomination but then again I always already knew it was wishful thinking

I'll miss his lectures on family values.

txradioguy
11-30-2011, 05:28 AM
Yep. It's highly unlikely that all these women are just out in some grand conspiracy against Cain. Even if it was, he must have one heck of a questionable past for this stuff to even surface

Except if fits a pattern of attack against Obama opponents they view as a threat going all the way back to his first run at State Senator. David Axelrod went to California and convincced a judge to unseal divorce proceedings against Obama's Republican opponent for U.S. Senate so they could slander him with allegations of sexual improprities.

They want the last man standing to be the one they can beat...which is John McCain, Jr. a.k.a. Mitt Romney.

txradioguy
11-30-2011, 05:29 AM
The lectures on family values ought to be good.

Yeah...I bet they are right up there with Bill's talks to Chelsea about how boys should treat girls on a date.

:rolleyes:

AmPat
11-30-2011, 09:30 AM
Liberals will always miss any lectures on any values. Liberals don't have "values," they have gods. Their gods are usually things like global warming, mother earth, and climate change.

Yeah...I bet they are right up there with Bill's talks to Chelsea about how boys should treat girls on a date.
:rolleyes:
Bill may have bought her some sex tapes. Of course that wouldn't raise an eyebrow with the press. Now if an allegation out of the blue against a Conservative? "Truth to power!":rolleyes:

Starbuck
11-30-2011, 09:32 AM

I never heard Cain get real teary about family values, but evidently he's a schmuk. In any event he can't win the Republican nomination; perhaps he could switch parties and go again.

Sort of reminds me of Gary Hart, who invited reporters to follow him around. They did.
Remember Donna Rice? Cain's cavortings are not nearly as stupid as Hart's, but they did the job.

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2004/04/gallery/scandals/ghart.jpg
(Is that a young Sonia Sotomajor naked on that boat in the background?;))

Tipsycatlover
11-30-2011, 09:58 AM
If it doesn't end his campaign, it will never stop. It still hasn't stopped with Sarah Palin, and she's not running for anything. The blueprint for the democrats is firmly in place. It's right out of Saul Alinsky's playbook.

Arroyo_Doble
11-30-2011, 10:08 AM

I think it has more to do with them being used to the idea. If all that came out now, it would be a problem for Newt but since it is known, it is already factored into decision equation.

Sort of like Romney's Pro-Life "epiphany." It was hashed out in 2008. It is not a real factor, now.

noonwitch
11-30-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm still not really buying the sexual assault/harassment allegations. Those had entirely too much of an air of bullshit about them. Plus, they managed to just turn up and then vanish within the span of one week? No way. That's an orchestrated political attack.

So did mine, although he denies it. The mistress called the house once, when I answered, and she thought I was my mom. He even brought her along to lunch with my now-deceased aunt (his sister) and my cousin, who was a kid at the time.

My dad owned a business, and he had business calls that were in state, all-day kinds of things. He would tell my mom he was going to Detroit for business, which he was actually doing, and to visit his mother, which he wasn't doing. I'm convinced my mom didn't want to know about it, as long as he continued to pay off her credit cards.

Adam Wood
11-30-2011, 11:37 AM
I'll miss his lectures on family values.I must have missed Cain's lectures on family values.

Oh, wait. No I didn't. This is just another Leftist lie. Another piece of bullshit that the Left has decided to toss about as if it were fact.

How not surprising.

Odysseus
11-30-2011, 02:55 PM
*sigh*

You'll just have to settle for seeing someone else repeal Obamacare in 2013.

marv
11-30-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm not a Cain supporter for several reasons.

I don't like his 9% national sales tax. He should have stopped at 9-9. He's never held an elective national or state political office, and so is not that experienced with campaigning and how to handle the ugliness. Swaying a public ellectorate is not nearly so easy as convincing a board of directors that you're the man for the job. He said that he would go to the experts to fill in his lack of knowledge/experience in a variety of areas. But isn't that what Obama did - without the admission of inexperience and lack of knowledge? Hint: backroom czars!

Now, having said that, I agree with Tipsy that this is right out of Alinsky's playbook. Noteably, Cain is Black, and when he pulls out as he will, the Dems will trumpet that the racist Republicans forced him out BECAUSE HE WASN'T WHITE - despite the fact that all of this has been driven by the Dems! After all, aren't conservatives all racists?

Like it or not, that's politics..........

Elspeth
11-30-2011, 06:01 PM
I know I'm gonna get dinged for this, but I really don't care about Cain's affair. To me, it's a personal matter between consenting adults. Do I think it's a good thing? No, it's clearly immoral. But if we had an in-depth morality test for politicians, we'd never elect anyone. I am sorry that the press dragged this out: it's an embarrassment for Cain's wife (who hasn't even been involved in his run for office) and for Cain's mistress, who, no doubt, wanted this kept in the dark. Some reporter came to her door after having investigated this, and to me, this is below the belt.

I am actually far more concerned about the sexual harassment allegations. There are legal thresholds for sexual harassment (as I now know from my 6-hour course) and for those women to get financial settlements, there must have been some action by Cain that left that National Restaurant Association legally vulnerable. The women might not have won their cases, which is why they took settlements, but there must have been something that worried the NRA other than the nuisance factor.

Sexual harassment is horrible thing to go through and it wreaks havoc on your employment situation. Why should I as a woman have to put up with the immorality of someone probing or grabbing parts of my body (as Cain is alleged to have done) or lose my income and health insurance if I leave?

Cain's alleged sexual harassment behavior is a danger to any woman he works with and demonstrates a profound disrespect for women in general. Cain's affair, on the other hand, is only a danger to his family and to the mistress, and if he chooses to gamble with his personal life that way, then that is his choice. He is certainly not the first politician with a long term mistress; in Italy, for chrissake, it is an institution! Closer to home, Franklin Roosevelt had a long term mistress, Dwight Eisenhower had a mistress during the war, Bob Dole (in his younger days before the boner pills) had a long term mistress whom he married after divorcing his first wife. Gingrich we know about as well. And of course, slick Willy could never keep it in his pants.

Cain's long term affair is just another one of a long line of men who have affairs. But no one ever accused Dwight Eisenhower, Franklin Roosevelt, or Bob Dole of sexually harassing or assaulting many women they worked with just for the sheer power rush of doing it. That's what worries me about Cain, not the long term affair.

Of course, this does not negate the idea that the Dems are happy to have him pushed out of the race for their own reasons. Saul Alinksy be damned, this is just ordinary dirty politics. Tracking down long term mistresses when there is no crime involved is dirty politics. And that is what turns my stomach about the liberal journalist who came to that poor woman's front door.

OK, flame away. I will say, though, that I'm sorry that Cain got himself into all this. I would like to have seen him debating Oblahblah. The contrast would have been stark. And Cain, motivational speaker that he is, could have gotten Americans feeling more optimistic about America and their possibilities in it. No way in hell Romney can do that.

AmPat
11-30-2011, 06:14 PM
This is just more of the tactics I (and others) have been looking for for many months. The libs/DIMS will use their propaganda wing, aka, media, to decimate any Conservative that offers any viable threat to the Marxist In Chief. We get to vote for the GOP candidate that our liberal enemies choose for us.:mad:

Elspeth
11-30-2011, 06:22 PM
This is just more of the tactics I (and others) have been looking for for many months. The libs/DIMS will use their propaganda wing, aka, media, to decimate any Conservative that offers any viable threat to the Marxist In Chief. We get to vote for the GOP candidate that our liberal enemies choose for us.:mad:

Hasn't FOX also been pushing Romney?

I agree, though, that the Dems felt Herman Cain was a threat. So is Thomas Sowell.

Starbuck
11-30-2011, 07:35 PM
*sigh*

How revealing. From previous posts we know that you wished for his nomination for purposes of "amusement".

You wish to be "amused", and now you are "disappointed".

The word that comes to mind for you is haughty. You care not a whit what is best for the country. Never gave it a thought. No, you want to be "amused", and now you find yourself unamused and therefore unhappy with what is happening. Evidently, the direction of current events is not in your best interest.

You say you are a teacher. I do not find that amusing. I find it frightening.:mad:

Wei Wu Wei
11-30-2011, 07:57 PM
You'll just have to settle for seeing someone else repeal Obamacare in 2013.

You mean the Insurance Company Profit Protection Act?

oh dear :rolleyes:

AmPat
11-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Hasn't FOX also been pushing Romney?

I agree, though, that the Dems felt Herman Cain was a threat. So is Thomas Sowell.

I don't get TV in my house. I get radio and internet. Not sure where FOX stands.

RedGrouse
11-30-2011, 08:45 PM

That's what I am thinking too.

Rockntractor
11-30-2011, 09:25 PM
That's what I am thinking too.

This new gals history is no better than the rest of them.

Hawkgirl
11-30-2011, 09:39 PM
Sigh..he should reconsider. You can't equate him to Clinton, as Clinton was already President when all his womanizing surfaced.

This is a good lesson for any young, hopeful young man. Don't screw around if you intend on running for President.

I only donated to his campaign once. He won't get any more support from me. Values mean something to me...the ol' "clinton did it" doesn't make it right...

marv
11-30-2011, 09:48 PM
Sigh..he should reconsider. You can't equate him to Clinton, as Clinton was already President when all his womanizing surfaced.

Klinton was a known womanizer even when he was AG, and then Govenor of AR. That's why Hillary had the Govenor's Mansion guards report back to her - and even follow him - long before the presidential campaigning began.

Moving on...
Brent Bozell (http://www.mrc.org/public/default.aspx) has an excellent piece on Cain over at Rightwing News (http://rightwingnews.com/)...

http://rightwingnews.com/column-2/lets-kill-cains-campaign/
(snip)

These death notices may be entirely accurate, but that’s not the point. What is salient here is that Cain’s scandals have been covered aggressively from day one by the same media that summarily refused — and to this day refuse — to cover allegations against Bill Clinton that are a hundred-fold more serious.

(snip)

Why am I not the slightest bit surprised that a Washington Post employee is tweeting over the Internet: “Hey Tweeps: Looking for outlandish/incorrect predictions and quotes from Newt Gingrich’s past. Any ideas for me?”

Gingrich, it’s your turn.

Hawkgirl
11-30-2011, 10:08 PM
Klinton was a known womanizer even when he was AG, and then Govenor of AR. That's why Hillary had the Govenor's Mansion guards report back to her - and even follow him - long before the presidential campaigning began.

Moving on...

http://rightwingnews.com/column-2/lets-kill-cains-campaign/

As I said in my post, the womanizing didn't surface until he was already president. Yes, it was known within private circles druing his governorship, but wasn't national attention until he was way into his second term of Presidency.

marv
11-30-2011, 10:47 PM
This new gals history is no better than the rest of them.

So who is this Ginger White (http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/business-partner-ginger-white-mentioned-herman-cain/story?id=15047698)?

Starbuck
12-01-2011, 12:09 AM
If he can connect the dots and find a source behind all the accusers he will regain his footing. And my support.

But if someone is doing this to him, that someone is going to be hidden behind many layers of BS. You probably ain't going to find him.

txradioguy
12-01-2011, 03:08 AM

No Gennifer Flowers came up during his first run for President. When he had already won the nomination on the Dem ticket but hadn't been elected.

Remember the 60 minutes interview with him and Hillary? The whole "stand by your man" crap?

It was during the 1992 election that we began hearing about Hillary and the people she hired to counter any "bimbo eruptions".

linda22003
12-01-2011, 09:30 AM

Not true. The 60 Minutes "Stand by your Man" interview with the Clintons was during the '92 campaign, in fact as early as January 1992, and that was in response to Gennifer Flowers coming out about their affair.

Perilloux
12-01-2011, 09:58 AM

You sum up my opinion on this matter perfectly. I had high hopes for Herman Cain, to say I'm disappointed in him is an understatement.

:mad:

Odysseus
12-01-2011, 10:09 AM

I continue to wonder what color the sky is in your world.

At this point, I'm not as interested in the Cain scandals because his lack of knowledge on foreign policy has pretty much soured me on him. I can accept that he has the nation's best interest at heart, but if he isn't interested enough in the major issues to at least read a paper, then that tells me that he isn't going to make them a priority when he is in the White House, and that means that he'll be learning on the fly as crises pop up, which is exactly the wrong approach.

OTOH, the obvious media bias needs to be relentlessly exposed. The MSM cannot be allowed to foist Obama on us again.

noonwitch
12-01-2011, 10:09 AM
As I said in my post, the womanizing didn't surface until he was already president. Yes, it was known within private circles druing his governorship, but wasn't national attention until he was way into his second term of Presidency.

Gennifer Flowers came forward with her story during the 1992 campaign. I don't think too many people doubted her story.

Odysseus
12-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Gennifer Flowers came forward with her story during the 1992 campaign. I don't think too many people doubted her story.

Certainly not after she played the tapes of her phone conversations with Bill. Not that it mattered. Democrats want to win, at any cost. Providing a taxpayer-funded government job for a mistress is trivial when compared with all of the "good" that he could do. OTOH, since Republicans are evil from the start, a scandal is just one more reason not to vote for them.

txradioguy
12-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Gennifer Flowers came forward with her story during the 1992 campaign. I don't think too many people doubted her story

Except for the media. :rolleyes:

They discarded her and tried to ignore her until she came forward with audio tapes of phone calls.

Same thing with Monica. Until she came forward with the blue dress.

Each time the media and the left attacked the accuser and all but said they were making things up.

Amazing how the stanard is different when there is an R next to your name instead of a D

Starbuck
12-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Certainly not after she played the tapes of her phone conversations with Bill. Not that it mattered. Democrats want to win, at any cost. Providing a taxpayer-funded government job for a mistress is trivial when compared with all of the "good" that he could do. OTOH, since Republicans are evil from the start, a scandal is just one more reason not to vote for them.

I agree with your statement about Democrats; it's about them, not the country.

But I will point out that Clinton (1) never got 50% of the popular vote and (2) captured a far greater share of the woman vote that anyone who ran against him. Ironically, this well known womanizer would never have been President without their votes.

But most women are Democrats. And to a Democrat, facts mean very little.

Odysseus
12-01-2011, 12:53 PM
I agree with your statement about Democrats; it's about them, not the country.

But I will point out that Clinton (1) never got 50% of the popular vote and (2) captured a far greater share of the woman vote that anyone who ran against him. Ironically, this well known womanizer would never have been President without their votes.

But most women are Democrats. And to a Democrat, facts mean very little.

There's more to it than that, but it's a start. The end of the Cold War took national security off of the national debate, which meant that women voters, instead of voting for a protector and provider, voted in the bad boy who excited them. If the Soviet Union had remained a threat, the questio of who the better candidate to deal with them would have been one of the primary issues, and GHW Bush would have won in a walk. It's the same with Obama. If Iraq and Afghanistan weren't perceived as winding down, he'd never have been in contention, simply because he would have been seen as clueless about fighting two major wars. Ironically, he was a huge beneficiary of the Surge.

NJCardFan
12-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Once again, don't discount Romney's camp here. Politics is a dirty business and the dirt is flung on both sides, sometimes at each other.

linda22003
12-01-2011, 01:16 PM
There's more to it than that, but it's a start. The end of the Cold War took national security off of the national debate, which meant that women voters, instead of voting for a protector and provider, voted in the bad boy who excited them.

The choice was the bad boy or, as (I think) Molly Ivins referred to him, someone who "reminded every woman of her first husband." :p

Molon Labe
12-01-2011, 01:16 PM

Yes, How many people continue to be bamboozled into thinking that this was Socialized medical care, I'll never know.

Bush's 50 Billion dollar prescription drug program was more socialist than what Obama's program guaranteeing Insurance companies somebody would buy their product.

How about let's repeal Both......then we can repeal medicaid and medicare and get back to a free market and lower medical costs.

Romney care equals Obama care. It's the same thing folks

AmPat
12-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Yes, How many people continue to be bamboozled into thinking that this was Socialized medical care, I'll never know.

Bush's 50 Billion dollar prescription drug program was more socialist than what Obama's program guaranteeing Insurance companies somebody would buy their product.

How about let's repeal Both......then we can repeal medicaid and medicare and get back to a free market and lower medical costs.

Romney care equals Obama care. It's the same thing folks

Agreed. Butttttttttttt, O Blah Blah care is not the insurance profit protection act as Wei Widdle Brwain thinks. It will ultimately put insurance companies out of business.

Odysseus
12-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Once again, don't discount Romney's camp here. Politics is a dirty business and the dirt is flung on both sides, sometimes at each other.

One of the women not only lives in Chidago, but actually lives in David Axelrod's building. The fake claims had his fingerprints all over them.

txradioguy
12-01-2011, 02:07 PM
One of the women not only lives in Chidago, but actually lives in David Axelrod's building. The fake claims had his fingerprints all over them.

Especially when you take into consideration it follows a patter by Obama and Axelrod going back to Obama's first victory in the state assembly.

RedGrouse
12-01-2011, 07:17 PM
These are just allegations at this point. It is strange that one of them lived in David Axelrod's building

Hawkgirl
12-01-2011, 09:23 PM
No Gennifer Flowers came up during his first run for President. When he had already won the nomination on the Dem ticket but hadn't been elected.

Remember the 60 minutes interview with him and Hillary? The whole "stand by your man" crap?

It was during the 1992 election that we began hearing about Hillary and the people she hired to counter any "bimbo eruptions".

I didn't remember that...I stand corrected.

AmPat
12-02-2011, 01:00 AM
These are just allegations at this point. It is strange that one of them lived in David Axelrod's building

It's about "the seriousness of the charges," not whether it is true.:cool: DIMS will pull this crap every time. It is one of there best political plays to select our candidate and their opponent.

linda22003
12-03-2011, 03:20 PM
So.... everybody excited about moving on to "Plan B"?

I thought he made his supporters look like idiots today. They gave the rabblerousing supportive speeches before he showed up, then he took the podium and said "Never mind." He could have given people a heads up in advance.

Starbuck
12-03-2011, 03:27 PM

I thought he made his supporters look like idiots today. They gave the rabblerousing supportive speeches before he showed up, then he took the podium and said "Never mind." He could have given people a heads up in advance.
He is only trying to save face. I think I would do something of the same, and I believe saving face is what Sarah Palin has done.
He can't ever be President. He knows it.

He probably made is final decision when he received my notice this week that I would no longer be contributing.:)

Rockntractor
12-03-2011, 03:28 PM

Well yes but................oh never mind!:confused:

Rabble rousing is two words.

linda22003
12-03-2011, 03:30 PM

Sometimes hyphenated, sometimes not.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/rabblerousing

Rockntractor
12-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Sometimes hyphenated, sometimes not.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/rabblerousing

wiktionary, how common of you.

Novaheart
12-03-2011, 04:25 PM

AT some point, weren't all compound words two words run together? It's part of the German heritage of English to create new compound words. Beats the hell out of Welshcaghairaighh.

Wei Wu Wei
12-03-2011, 07:48 PM

Because Fox News and Rush Limbaugh say it every day and that's really all it takes.

Wei Wu Wei
12-03-2011, 08:07 PM
There's more to it than that, but it's a start. The end of the Cold War took national security off of the national debate, which meant that women voters, instead of voting for a protector and provider, voted in the bad boy who excited them. If the Soviet Union had remained a threat, the questio of who the better candidate to deal with them would have been one of the primary issues, and GHW Bush would have won in a walk. It's the same with Obama. If Iraq and Afghanistan weren't perceived as winding down, he'd never have been in contention, simply because he would have been seen as clueless about fighting two major wars. Ironically, he was a huge beneficiary of the Surge.

You think women vote for president of the united states the same way middle school girls vote for student council?

If women vote for the "bad boy who excites them" or the "provider", then how do men vote?

The first thing that comes to mind is "which man they'd most want to have a beer with".

AmPat
12-03-2011, 08:24 PM
It's about "the seriousness of the charges," not whether it is true.:cool: DIMS will pull this crap every time. It is one of there best political plays to select our candidate and their opponent.

Shhh!, I got this by her.:p