PDA

View Full Version : Cain Suspends Presidential Campaign, Cites 'Hurt' Caused by 'False' Allegations

NJCardFan
12-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Cain Suspends Presidential Campaign, Cites 'Hurt' Caused by 'False' Allegations

Herman Cain announced Saturday that he is suspending his campaign for president, telling a crowd of supporters in his home state that the allegations of sexual harassment and infidelity had become too big a burden on his family.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/03/cain-prepares-to-discuss-campaigns-future-after-damage-assessment/#ixzz1fVQ8KaZ3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you can't beat the man on his record, just go after his character.

Lanie
12-03-2011, 04:56 PM
I'm sorry to all of his supporters. I know how hopeful you all were.

NJCardFan
12-03-2011, 05:15 PM

No you're not. You know damned well he would run circles around Obama and be 10 times the president Obama thinks he is. This is why the left decided to make up bullshit to attack his character, which is typical of liberals. They know that conservatives aren't too keen on infidelity. However, liberals are all for it or Clinton would have never been elected and he's an out and out rapist.

Elspeth
12-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Phoned my mom last night. Turns out she was a big fan of Cain (who knew!) and felt that he was deliberately brought down. I told her that while I believed the sexual harassment allegations had substance, I didn't care about his affair and agreed with her that Cain was deliberately taken down. Mom thought that it was the Obama people who ferreted out Ginger White's phone records; I thought it was Romney and the GOP establishment, who are taking down every Republican challenger.

marv
12-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Dick Harpootlian, South Carolina Democratic State Party Chair, couldn't wait to pile on. Immediately after Cain's statement Harpoolian said, in an interview on FNC, that Cain's campaign suspension announcement was PROOF that the charges were true!

Chalk one up for the "progressive" Dhims and the Alinsky playbook.

IIRC, of the five women, only three went public. And all three had histories of multiple financial and legal difficulties. The last one, who claimed a thirteen year "affair" had also been successfully sued for libel by a former business partner. I wonder who paid these women.

Maybe it's time to talk about Obama's self-admitted extra marital affairs and drug abuse.

Meanwhile, Newt, you're up!

Molon Labe
12-03-2011, 05:55 PM

It is sad. He really hung some of them out there. Did you see the looks on their faces today. Many gave all these great speeches before he took the stage and then he did this. They had no clue.
He should have given them some notice..

He might have really shook up Iowa had it not been for the scandals.

Elspeth
12-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Dick Harpootlian, South Carolina Democratic State Party Chair, couldn't wait to pile on. Immediately after Cain's statement Harpoolian said, in an interview on FNC, that Cain's campaign suspension announcement was PROOF that the charges were true!

Chalk one up for the "progressive" Dhims and the Alinsky playbook.

I'm not so sure it was the Dems. Remember the GOP power structure has a lot invested in Romney running. They want a "centrist" to go up against a weak Obama. Everybody wants those "independent" voters this year. Not that the Dems wouldn't trash Cain in a heartbeat: Lawrence O'Donnell (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/44824732#44824732) did get the ball rolling on MSNBC. But the GOP power structure had a lot to lose. I also wouldn't put it beyond Mitt to do his own opposition research and takedown.

Wei Wu Wei
12-03-2011, 08:10 PM
No you're not. You know damned well he would run circles around Obama and be 10 times the president Obama thinks he is. This is why the left decided to make up bullshit to attack his character, which is typical of liberals. They know that conservatives aren't too keen on infidelity. However, liberals are all for it or Clinton would have never been elected and he's an out and out rapist.

I was hoping and wishing that Cain would win the GOP nomination. I feel your pain.

Wei Wu Wei
12-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Phoned my mom last night. Turns out she was a big fan of Cain (who knew!) and felt that he was deliberately brought down. I told her that while I believed the sexual harassment allegations had substance, I didn't care about his affair and agreed with her that Cain was deliberately taken down. Mom thought that it was the Obama people who ferreted out Ginger White's phone records; I thought it was Romney and the GOP establishment, who are taking down every Republican challenger.

If these charges were brought out by a coordinated effort, I'd more easily believe it was establishment Republicans than Democrats.

SarasotaRepub
12-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Not at all surprised. I'm glad I haven't sent anyone a dime yet. :D

Novaheart
12-04-2011, 01:44 AM
This is why the left decided to make up bullshit to attack his character, which is typical of liberals.

Do you honestly think that the allegations against Cain are false?

Elspeth
12-04-2011, 02:04 AM

You are a wise, wise man.

Starbuck
12-04-2011, 11:26 AM

While I don't really believe it was either Obama people or GOP people, I strongly agree that we should remain wary of both GOP and DEM establishments. That thought, I believe, is the uphill battle Romney is facing. But I wonder why doesn't Newt run into the same problem? Maybe he just comes across as honest, while Mitt is slick.

The polls out the end of next week will show that a very large percentage (40% +- ?) of previous Cain supporters will opt for Gingrich. Remember back in the first debates all candidates were asked who would be their Vice President? Cain's answer was Gingrich. Can't remember Gingrich's answer.

AmPat
12-04-2011, 11:59 AM
The "progressives" (GOP or DIM) have successfully,,,again, begun to choose our candidate for us. They are systematically selecting our eventual "winner" to run against THE ultimate progressive. If they win, America loses.:mad:

Rockntractor
12-04-2011, 01:05 PM
The modern day lynching of a black man.

3rd-try
12-04-2011, 04:52 PM

With the vagueness of the charges, with the history of, at least 2 of the accusers......
...and you automatically assume he's guilty?

Sounds racist to me.

(it sucks to have your views sidetracked by silly character assassinations, don't you think?)

Novaheart
12-04-2011, 05:37 PM
With the vagueness of the charges, with the history of, at least 2 of the accusers......
...and you automatically assume he's guilty?

As I understand it, there is a 40% chance than a married man has cheated on his wife. With three accusers of sexual harassment and a woman with a face and a name claiming (with some evidence in hand) to have had a relationship with him for 13 years, don't you think that puts the probability a touch over the 50% mark? I do.

Cain is a larger than life self made man according to his presentation and press. How many such men do you honestly think are as moral, down to earth, and faithful as your average married Joe?

Novaheart
12-04-2011, 05:37 PM
The modern day lynching of a black man.

Drama queen.

3rd-try
12-04-2011, 05:59 PM
As I understand it, there is a 40% chance than a married man has cheated on his wife. With three accusers of sexual harassment and a woman with a face and a name claiming (with some evidence in hand) to have had a relationship with him for 13 years, don't you think that puts the probability a touch over the 50% mark? I do.

Cain is a larger than life self made man according to his presentation and press. How many such men do you honestly think are as moral, down to earth, and faithful as your average married Joe?

Sharon Bialek was in constant financial trouble, had been involved in a paternity lawsuit, was known as a "gold digger," had a string of debts and had twice filed for personal bankruptcy. She also lived in the same building as David Axlerod. Not that would even matter

Karen Kraushaar, made unspecified allegations of a "hostile environment" when she was working for Cain, but refuses to say what those allegations were. This despite the fact that the National Restaurant Association waived her confidentiality agreement, thus allowing her to go public

Ginger White: She's a financially troubled, twice-divorced, unemployed single mother, who has claimed sexual harassment in the past, declared bankruptcy once, was accused of stalking and had a libel judgment entered against her just this year. So far in 2011, she's had nine liens put on her property.

Do these factors fit into your "probability of guilt" equations, or are they unrelated? Seems like it could shift your precentage points a little.

Rockntractor
12-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Sharon Bialek was in constant financial trouble, had been involved in a paternity lawsuit, was known as a "gold digger," had a string of debts and had twice filed for personal bankruptcy. She also lived in the same building as David Axlerod. Not that would even matter

Karen Kraushaar, made unspecified allegations of a "hostile environment" when she was working for Cain, but refuses to say what those allegations were. This despite the fact that the National Restaurant Association waived her confidentiality agreement, thus allowing her to go public

Ginger White: She's a financially troubled, twice-divorced, unemployed single mother, who has claimed sexual harassment in the past, declared bankruptcy once, was accused of stalking and had a libel judgment entered against her just this year. So far in 2011, she's had nine liens put on her property.

Do these factors fit into your "probability of guilt" equations, or are they unrelated? Seems like it could shift your precentage points a little.

Facts are meaningless to a liberal, the allegations are enough for him.

Novaheart
12-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Facts are meaningless to a liberal, the allegations are enough for him.

Cain isn't accused of a crime, he's accused of poor judgement. I think that has been reasonably established. Could your father have maintained a relationship with another woman and have given her time and financial assistance without the knowledge or permission of your mother?

Now speaking of crime, this is why we have a statute of limitations. Sexual allegations are a time tested favorite in personal destruction. Criminal allegations are a much more serious matter, and one which demands our principles of government and justice take priority over our desire for satisfaction or revenge. Theoretically we are innocent until proven guilty, but if someone accuses you of a sex crime ten or twenty years ago, especially against a minor or diminished victim, then you damned well better be able to prove your innocence.

Ultimately, Cain is and has been irrelevant. No objective person expected him (or any of the current guys) to end up with the nomination. I think Nikki Haley would be the magic the GOP needs.

Elspeth
12-05-2011, 12:12 AM

Bialek's association with Gloria Allred is enough for me to have serious doubts about her credibility. You want to be taken seriously? Don't hang with the wrong lawyer.

Kraushaar, on the other hand, had a settlement (and the gag order to go with it.) Speaking as a woman, I would have kept silent as well if invited by the media to go into the details of a sexual harassment case. The sexual viciousness of the general public towards women, potential death threats, and concern for my family would have kept me quiet, not to mention fearing Cain's assertion that if any woman came forward, he (and his billionaire backers, ostensibly) would go after her. It would not have been worth the price to my family.

Ginger White, on the other hand, fits into the category of consenting adult, and as such is not of interest to me. That's a matter for Cain and his wife.

One final note: if any of our lives were put into a paragraph of its worst events, none of us would look very good. I tend not to go by those kinds of events. Right now, I have a number of friends who are going through job loss, home foreclosures, and debt issues, like a lot of the country. I would hate to see their credibility judged by the fact that housing bubble burst and their homes, which they purchased honestly and thoughtfully at the time, suddenly ended up under water.

txradioguy
12-05-2011, 06:38 AM

Yes.

His only crime is being black and conservative.

3rd-try
12-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Kraushaar, on the other hand, had a settlement (and the gag order to go with it.) Speaking as a woman, I would have kept silent as well if invited by the media to go into the details of a sexual harassment case. The sexual viciousness of the general public toward women, potential death threats, and concern for my family would have kept me quiet, not to mention fearing Cain's assertion that if any woman came forward, he (and his billionaire backers, ostensibly) would go after her. It would not have been worth the price to my family.

Ginger White, on the other hand, fits into the category of consenting adult, and as such is not of interest to me. That's a matter for Cain and his wife.

One final note: if any of our lives were put into a paragraph of its worst events, none of us would look very good. I tend not to go by those kinds of events. Right now, I have a number of friends who are going through job loss, home foreclosures, and debt issues, like a lot of the country. I would hate to see their credibility judged by the fact that housing bubble burst and their homes, which they purchased honestly and thoughtfully at the time, suddenly ended up under water.

Regarding Kaushaar, I'd think if it was her and her family's safety that prevented her telling of the details, she wouldn't have spoken up at all. But now, we all know her name. If Cain and his billionaire pals were coming after her, she's already made herself a target. So, I doubt she's all that terrified of Cain's retribution.
She ran outside, threw her bomb and ran back to the foxhole. She did maximum damage to Cain while minimally making a case, and not sticking around to defend her story.

CueSi
12-06-2011, 12:21 AM

In part, yeah. . . and 3rd try puts it into perspective.

This should have been like Al Gore and that masseuse, but instead. . .not so much.

~QC

Lanie
12-06-2011, 08:42 AM

I'm sorry for you all.

I really thought Cain was going to get through this after looking at Clinton and the conservative Thomas (supreme court). You know, if he really did sexually harass these women, that's one thing (and I doubt it since everybody in the world suddenly accused him). Just regular infidelity? It's immoral, but you have to learn how to separate one's personal life with their job performance. If you think somebody would make a good President, Senator, or other leader then vote for them and campaign for them. Write them a letter telling them what they did sucks to let them know, but support them campaign wise. I can't find one Presidential candidate (including Obama) who I actually want to be the President. To me, they're all too far to the right or left. If I found one I actually wanted in, I'd support them.

Lanie
12-06-2011, 08:47 AM

I wouldn't send anyone a dime until I was pretty sure about who would win the primaries. Maybe that's counter productive, but at this point we can't know who will actually win.

AmPat
12-06-2011, 12:03 PM
I wouldn't send anyone a dime until I was pretty sure about who would win the primaries. Maybe that's counter productive, but at this point we can't know who will actually win.

Thanks Lanie. I sent Herman money for a couple of reasons. I thought he was a conservative outsider who would make real decisions based on facts instead of politics and my meager donation would assist in getting a candidate chosen by me instead of the DIMS or the GOP insiders.

Looks like I'll have to hold my nose again and vote for the "anybody but Obama" ticket.

Elspeth
12-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Regarding Kaushaar, I'd think if it was her and her family's safety that prevented her telling of the details, she wouldn't have spoken up at all. But now, we all know her name. If Cain and his billionaire pals were coming after her, she's already made herself a target. So, I doubt she's all that terrified of Cain's retribution.
She ran outside, threw her bomb and ran back to the foxhole. She did maximum damage to Cain while minimally making a case, and not sticking around to defend her story.

I don't know that Kaushaar did this willingly or deliberately. It's possible that she was traced down and urged to cooperate. The story Ginger White was certainly this way.

Remember Ginger White's phone records, from her cell phone company, were in the hands of a reporter who came to her door. She didn't go to him. It was from these records, acquired from White's cell phone company without her permission, that the journalist called Cain from White's cell phone. I can't speak for Ms. White, but most mistresses do not want to be exposed in public, especially if the affair is ongoing. White was tracked down, her phone records obtained without her permission. Suddenly, she is on TV talking about the affair. You do the math.

AmPat
12-10-2011, 11:37 AM
I don't know that Kaushaar did this willingly or deliberately. It's possible that she was traced down and urged to cooperate. The story Ginger White was certainly this way.

Remember Ginger White's phone records, from her cell phone company, were in the hands of a reporter who came to her door. She didn't go to him. It was from these records, acquired from White's cell phone company without her permission, that the journalist called Cain from White's cell phone. I can't speak for Ms. White, but most mistresses do not want to be exposed in public, especially if the affair is ongoing. White was tracked down, her phone records obtained without her permission. Suddenly, she is on TV talking about the affair. You do the math.

I would expect the phone company to be printing my new CEO business cards with my name in gold lettering. They may as well get the top floor redecorated and my name on the door while we're waiting for the litigation dust to settle. They can call me Mr. S until the ownership papers are finalized.

All jobs and positions remain in effect until I find the rat. All rats should immediately update their resumes and begin looking for employment elsewhere. :cool: