PDA

View Full Version : Boy, 9, Suspended from School for Sexual Harassment After Calling Teacher 'Cute'

RedGrouse
12-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Boy, 9, Suspended from School for Sexual Harassment After Calling Teacher 'Cute'
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/04/boy-suspended-from-school-for-sexual-harassment-after-calling-teacher-cute/

Serious, WTF???????????????

Kay
12-05-2011, 11:36 PM
If it had been a male teacher it would have been acceptable no doubt.

Elspeth
12-05-2011, 11:40 PM
Boy, 9, Suspended from School for Sexual Harassment After Calling Teacher 'Cute'
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/04/boy-suspended-from-school-for-sexual-harassment-after-calling-teacher-cute/

Serious, WTF???????????????

There's got to be more to this. First, one stray comment of "cute" does not fit the legal definition of sexual harassment. I am quoting from my six hour online course. :) Second, this is a 9-year old! There has to be something else to this: was he exposing himself or throwing a chair?

According to the station, a district spokeswoman said she could not go into detail, but said the boy was suspended for "inappropriate behavior" after making "inappropriate statements."

The district's Code of Conduct doesn't list "inappropriate behavior," but says "disruption of school" is punishable by five days of out-of-school suspension.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/04/boy-suspended-from-school-for-sexual-harassment-after-calling-teacher-cute/#ixzz1fir9iD6r

djones520
12-06-2011, 07:49 AM
There's got to be more to this. First, one stray comment of "cute" does not fit the legal definition of sexual harassment. I am quoting from my six hour online course. :) Second, this is a 9-year old! There has to be something else to this: was he exposing himself or throwing a chair?

Keep in mind that last week another young kid was being disciplined by his school for sexual harrasment after kicking a bully attacking him in the junk.

Your thinking that the people enforcing these rules are actually using their brains when trying to determine what is innappropriate.

AmPat
12-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Keep in mind that last week another young kid was being disciplined by his school for sexual harrasment after kicking a bully attacking him in the junk.

Your thinking that the people enforcing these rules are actually using their brains when trying to determine what is innappropriate.

The bully was attacking his "junk?":D

Odysseus
12-06-2011, 01:55 PM
The bully was attacking his "junk?":D

I believe that the bully was attacking the victim, and that the victim kicked the bully in the "junk."

Starbuck
12-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Maybe the teacher was male.;)

Or maybe the teacher thought she was 'hot' and resented being called anything else.:confused:

Maybe we should pay teachers more so that having a cute teacher would not be such an anomaly.:D

Maybe she looks like a toad, and the kid was being sarcastic.:D

We'll never know. The school administration has closed ranks so that their stupidity would not be revealed.:rolleyes:

Elspeth
12-06-2011, 05:51 PM
I believe that the bully was attacking the victim, and that the victim kicked the bully in the "junk."

That's sexual harassment now? :confused:

It's below the belt--literally--but boys do this kind of crap all the time. :confused:

Elspeth
12-06-2011, 05:52 PM

You may be right, but legally speaking, a stray comment is not sexual harassment, and unless the kid had pulled down his pants and was parading his willy around the classroom, the parents should sue.

AmPat
12-06-2011, 11:00 PM
I knoes. I was just poking Jonesy.;)

Odysseus
12-07-2011, 02:32 PM
I knoes. I was just poking Jonesy.;)

That can also get you charged with sexual harassment. :D

AmPat
12-07-2011, 03:57 PM

A stick! A STICK! I swear. He does look 18 though.;):o:p

Novaheart
12-07-2011, 05:29 PM
It's getting hard to care what happens in public schools.

Private schools and homeschool have been expensive and time consuming and worth every bit of it in peace of mind.

AmPat
12-07-2011, 06:53 PM

I hear there are stiff penalties.:eek:

THE Gypsy
12-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Follow-up to the OP...

Calling a teacher “cute” is apparently not harassment after all

Update at 4:41 p.m. on Tuesday: Here is a statement from Gaston County school system, which says the sexual harassment charge was not warranted in this case:

“After a thorough investigation by school officials involving the suspension of a fourth grade student at one of our elementary schools, it has been determined there was no sexual harassment.We regret this situation happened. The superintendent has attempted to contact the family to offer an apology to the parents and student. The school system is also sending an official letter of apology to the parents and student.The suspension will not count against the student and additional instructional assistance will be provided to the student for the classroom time missed.If a concern is reported by parents to the district office, our procedure is to investigate it and follow up with the parents.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/get-schooled-bl..._schooled_blog